Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36
    I find myself riding the Fatty more than my hardtail (when not on one of the squishy bikes) so am in the process of thinning the herd.

Putting all the nicer bits on the Fatty, have a work buddy roadie who want a deal on a mtb. He's already committed to buying the resulting hardtail build.

Then that money will get used for a 27.5+ wheel/tire setup for the Fatty non-snow times!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    I find myself riding the Fatty more than my hardtail (when not on one of the squishy bikes) so am in the process of thinning the herd.

Putting all the nicer bits on the Fatty, have a work buddy roadie who want a deal on a mtb. He's already committed to buying the resulting hardtail build.

Then that money will get used for a 27.5+ wheel/tire setup for the Fatty non-snow times!
    Yeah that's what happened to me too. This year it's been all about the plus bike. Let me know when you're ready for that set of plus wheels, these are pretty kickass https://www.dirtcomponents.com/produ...-industry-nine They are available with other hubs so don't have to be quite that pricey and the house brand hubs will be available soon which should bring the price down under $1300.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah that's what happened to me too. This year it's been all about the plus bike. Let me know when you're ready for that set of plus wheels, these are pretty kickass https://www.dirtcomponents.com/produ...-industry-nine They are available with other hubs so don't have to be quite that pricey and the house brand hubs will be available soon which should bring the price down under $1300.
    Hahaha!

I like you dude, but there's no way in hell I'm paying that much for a set of wheels on ANY of my bikes. Let alone the one that gets the least mileage!

Already have the new wheel steeze incoming anyhow, but thanks.

Whatever, they're nice wheels and I know you like nice stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Whatever, they're nice wheels and I know you like nice stuff...
    That's still about twice what I've spent on my most expensive wheelset to date!

Got a Hope hub/AM Classic 3834 rim setup coming. Meets the needs of this particular bike, my riding, and my budget quite nicely.

Starting a new job which is located almost a mile from my house. Figured a cheap fat bike might be a great winter commuter, any thoughts on why spending barely $500 on this from BikesDirect.com won't work fine? [other than the standard BikesDirect warnings/issues/etc] Thanks-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

That bike would work fine. The green one since red is not an option.

Decent looking rig Tye. The last thing I need right now is another bike. That said I will be writing a check to a friend to buy his used Salsa Fatty. You really never have too many bikes, just not enough time.

BTW, this new Job. Did you leave the old employer or just switch venues?