Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    newly FAT!
    first ride today, mind blown.
    yep! i have just as much fun on my Fatty as on the other bikes, just...different.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

fml.........

rog

newly FAT!
    first ride today, mind blown.
    Yup. I got out on the Yampa on fri night and Sunday. Sooo sick. We climbed the controversial west side of flying dog.

Woot!! We're all fat

Flow- Pretty amazing how well these things climb isn't it?

Buttahball- What was it that really blew you away? For me it's the techy rocky stuff that I can just point it and roll through. Makes me laugh out loud every time.

Scrub - You able to get out for a (cold) ride either Thurs or Fri morning?

i actually caught myself laughing as i was rolling through wet chunder.
    and the climbing, forget about it! they go up so nice.
    crab in my shoe mouth

oh fuck me. I really need one of these and my wife is gonna kill me...again.

What I did to alleviate that problem is the Farley that I got is actually for her. I've test ridden it a couple of times now to make sure all the bugs are worked out Amazing thing is it's been here for about two weeks and she hasn't seen it yet, I haven't made any attempts to change that though and our anniversary is Sunday so my plan is to give it to her because my Fatboy should be on the way by then. Moral of the story is you have to get her one too

edit: Oh and since Rog is getting one soon you'll have someone local to ride with this winter. Perfect timing

fuck you guys

http://www.chargebikes.com/bicycle-c...on/cooker-maxi

a buddy sells these^^^

he has a large coming in.

and I love white

stay tuned

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rog

Quit yer bitching and just buy a fat bike. We all know you can hardly contain yourself thinking about how you'll spend your days preaching their greatness

^^^^^me? nonsense

fatrog

I dig how quiet it is riding thru newly fallen snow.

Saw the Cooker awhile back, looks like a good deal. You'll only regret not getting it

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Saw the Cooker awhile back, looks like a good deal. You'll only regret not getting it
    ya for the price/weight it seems like the ticket. I have a feeling I might have found a one bike year round quiver

rog

dialed in the pressure, 8.5lbs is $$$!
    i was riding stuff today, that would have been a chore on 2.2's.
    lot's of half frozen deep puddle's, ride right through that shit!
    i laugh a lot.
    from today in Walpole , NH.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    crab in my shoe mouth

dialed in the pressure, 8.5lbs is $$$!
    i was riding stuff today, that would have been a chore on 2.2's.
    lot's of half frozen deep puddle's, ride right through that shit!
    i laugh a lot.
    from today in Walpole , NH.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    I got a Meiser low pressure presta specific gauge just so I could get it right. I'm running 9 in the rear and 7.5 up front. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CJEBEPUBMAg
    That's a perfect way to describe one of the biggest differences - makes certain (many) moves less of a chore and more of a "just roll it" thing.

Yup. That's why I called it a gigglefest.

Uggh, I wish we had gotten some mood snow to ride in this morning, I might have actually gotten my shit out of bed and gone. Instead I decided to let things firm up and go tomorrow. Cold is just cold without the snow.

Now it's Turkey and beer time! Happy Turkey Day all

I've discovered I want the front tire even fatter. The bike lets you know pretty quickly it's still a rigid bike, if you're riding it the same (or making attempts to) way you are riding your other bikes.

Thinking one of the 4.7-4.8" meats up front. Then the current front can just be a spare rear, since that'll be the one needing replacement first anyhow.

I like the bike rigid, don't want to mess with a fatbike suspension fork, so a fatter tire it is.

I'm thinking pretty much the same thing but I like how light the front end feels. I guess adding 200-300 grams isn't really that big a deal is it?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm thinking pretty much the same thing but I like how light the front end feels. I guess adding 200-300 grams isn't really that big a deal is it?
    Grand scheme of things, no.

I'm planning to offset it with On-One's carbon fat fork once available, and a Hope Fat rear hub/Marge Lite combo down the road. Just gotta sell off some more old stuff to offset the pain.

You know, 'cause a 30# fatbike will work so much more awesomer-er than a 32# fatbike.

It's fun. Like, may get more of my solo ride time than the Chromag hardtail does fun. Which is sort of scary.

Bud up front is $$, can run mid 5's now. Plus it looks downright bossy.

rigid roolz. any wheel/tire size or width. was out on the unit today lovin the 2.2's, but can't say I wasn't seeing the trail with 4.0's

rog

The only bike I have left for trail...my Fatback. SOld my Mukluk this summer - nobody needs two fat bikes, and everyone and their dog around here has a Muk or a Pug.

Love these things. I'm running 55mm rims with HuDu's right now, but have a buddy that builds wheels, so I'll do a more pimp set of Holy RD's when I have some cash again. I have a set of Nates getting really lonely right now... I doubt I'd bother to go any wider the the RD's - I don't think there's enough benefit for the weight and rubbing issues.

I did some upgrading - dumped the older XT stuff that was on it for X9 twist (way better with gloves & mitts), and went to a 2x setup over a 3x. I never really used the big ring anyway. Threw a Thudbuster ST on as well -- probably overkill, but hey...it's my only off-roader, so why not pimp it a bit?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Getting closer... I got confirmation yesterday that S is releasing a fatty in July so i'll probably go with one of them based on price and convenience.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik.../fatboy-expert

Yup. I am getting close and the build on this for 2,600 looks pretty good and ready to go. not available tilll july though? but featured on website? that is kind of a bummer.

will be interested to read flowtron's review of the yampa. Love how light that bike is.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

I think the Spec is already in some stores.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Yeah look at when I posted that. They've been a bit behind but the bikes are finally starting to ship. We have a 17 and 21 in the shop now and mine should be here by early next week. I was hoping for an expert but don't want to wait so I'll "live with" the base model and bump a few bits with parts out of my box o' goodies.

So, who needs a fatty I have the two I just mentioned and a 19 & 21 Farley just waiting for a loving home

i added a Thudbuster LT, huge difference.
    more saddle, less hover, makes buttah faster!
    Last edited by buttahflake; 12-06-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth