Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Sorry for the jong question but I saw this at Costco the other day and thought​, shit for $200 why not pick one up to screw around with. Is this thing just terrible? Or will it be ok for banging around on little trails by my house while I'm out with my kids?

I bet if you bought it, stripped off and replaced all the crappy parts, then replaced the frame and fork, you'd end up with a pretty nice bike.

^^^ Bwaaaaa! You, Sir, are a dirty slut. I fart in your general direction.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Sorry for the jong question but I saw this at Costco the other day and thought​, shit for $200 why not pick one up to screw around with. Is this thing just terrible? Or will it be ok for banging around on little trails by my house while I'm out with my kids?

Dude, all great bikes come with kickstands For 2 bills it looks like it will be fine for boppin' around with the kidz. Go into it with super low expectations, how bad could it be...

every time i see this thread i get mad because i have been fat and i hated it.

Shredhead humble bragging and spook cunting up yet another thread. It seems even SR isn't immune anymore.

your bar is low for "cunting"

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Shredhead humble bragging and spook cunting up yet another thread. It seems even SR isn't immune anymore.
    I guess if you say so, but it's pretty easy to blow a $100 on a tire.

Looking at new fatties since snow is just around the corner.

Want something with the new geometry in the 68° or so head tube angle. Ideally I'd want even more. Pretty short chainstays are available now too. The more rake, the easier it is to break trail and it's just better for riding in general when there is just a small amount of snow on normal terrain.

What I want and don't want is the 650b fat because I have studded 26" tires!

So get a 650 fat and a second set of wheels for icy rides, 26 fats will fit pretty much all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So get a 650 fat and a second set of wheels for icy rides, 26 fats will fit pretty much all of them.
    Such an easy solution!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Such an easy solution!
    Simple is pretty much all I've got anymore. I'm old ya know

I woke to 6" of snow this morning!!!! I busted out the fatty for my commute to work, fresh tracks for about 2 km of bike path, most of it downhill.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Looking at new fatties since snow is just around the corner.

Want something with the new geometry in the 68° or so head tube angle. Ideally I'd want even more. Pretty short chainstays are available now too. The more rake, the easier it is to break trail and it's just better for riding in general when there is just a small amount of snow on normal terrain.

What I want and don't want is the 650b fat because I have studded 26" tires!
    It’s bit pricey but the Chromag Nice Dreams is a fatty with modern geo. My buddy has one and it’s a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^That looks sharp.

"Modern" geo for a fatbike might be more important (if you drink that kookaid) for trail, but for snow not so much. Longer stays means stability and a steeper HTA keeps a nice amount of weight over the front end for steering traction and balance in a variety of snow conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    "Modern" geo for a fatbike might be more important (if you drink that kookaid) for trail, but for snow not so much. Longer stays means stability and a steeper HTA keeps a nice amount of weight over the front end for steering traction and balance in a variety of snow conditions.
    You're an idiot. Try breaking trail instead of riding flat groomed shit.
    Rake is where it's at.

^^ Hahaha

So I'm putting together a proposal for a fat bike program at my local ski area and will be presenting it to the owners this week. They own over 300 acres and only actively use ~90 and the rest of the land is laced with trails and old work roads that are mostly kept clear. They even have a narrow track groomer that they built to pull behind a snowmobile that can get into most of the trail network and are open to the idea of using the chairlift to get people to the top of the ski area to the trailhead so they don't have to ride up while people are skiing down. I'm kind of excited

Dare too bee fat
    watch out for snakes

^^ Hahaha

So I'm putting together a proposal for a fat bike program at my local ski area and will be presenting it to the owners this week. They own over 300 acres and only actively use ~90 and the rest of the land is laced with trails and old work roads that are mostly kept clear. They even have a narrow track groomer that they built to pull behind a snowmobile that can get into most of the trail network and are open to the idea of using the chairlift to get people to the top of the ski area to the trailhead so they don't have to ride up while people are skiing down. I'm kind of excited
    Good luck, that sounds like a fun project!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Good luck, that sounds like a fun project!
    Thanks man. It has potential to turn into a summer program too.

You're an idiot. Try breaking trail instead of riding flat groomed shit.
    Rake is where it's at.
    What's with the light red mustache? Napkin? Here let me wet it for you.

12/2 is GFBD, anyone have anything interesting planned?

I find myself riding the Fatty more than my hardtail (when not on one of the squishy bikes) so am in the process of thinning the herd.

Putting all the nicer bits on the Fatty, have a work buddy roadie who want a deal on a mtb. He's already committed to buying the resulting hardtail build.

Then that money will get used for a 27.5+ wheel/tire setup for the Fatty non-snow times!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    I find myself riding the Fatty more than my hardtail (when not on one of the squishy bikes) so am in the process of thinning the herd.

Putting all the nicer bits on the Fatty, have a work buddy roadie who want a deal on a mtb. He's already committed to buying the resulting hardtail build.

Then that money will get used for a 27.5+ wheel/tire setup for the Fatty non-snow times!
    Yeah that's what happened to me too. This year it's been all about the plus bike. Let me know when you're ready for that set of plus wheels, these are pretty kickass https://www.dirtcomponents.com/produ...-industry-nine They are available with other hubs so don't have to be quite that pricey and the house brand hubs will be available soon which should bring the price down under $1300.

Yeah that's what happened to me too. This year it's been all about the plus bike. Let me know when you're ready for that set of plus wheels, these are pretty kickass https://www.dirtcomponents.com/produ...-industry-nine They are available with other hubs so don't have to be quite that pricey and the house brand hubs will be available soon which should bring the price down under $1300.
    Hahaha!

I like you dude, but there's no way in hell I'm paying that much for a set of wheels on ANY of my bikes. Let alone the one that gets the least mileage!

Already have the new wheel steeze incoming anyhow, but thanks.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper