Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    @springs - That pic is droolworthy

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    Seriously? Better power by pedaling with your arches instead of the balls of your feet? After reading the first page of their site, I would never use their pedals.
    Why? When you're wearing bulky winter footwear do you still pedal like you're on a road bike wearing super stiff shoes and spandex? Most of us don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    @springs - That pic is droolworthy

Why? When you're wearing bulky winter footwear do you still pedal like you're on a road bike wearing super stiff shoes and spandex? Most of us don't.
    I can't speak for most of us, but I ride flats and still use the balls of my feet when I'm wearing insulated boots.

If you can get more power by using the arch of your foot (Point #1 their Improves Your Pedaling in 3 Ways), why haven't any of the pro riders figured this out?

I still think their site is scientific bullshit.

At the end of the day you need to be properly aligned or you're going to wreak havoc on your knees...something I cannot afford.

Meanwhile, my mechanic just bought the trek 650b fs fatty weighing in at 30lbs. That thing is awesome!

What's out there for a cheap tubeless compatible wheelset?

Highland grooming for fatties, yessah bub

I've been waiting for that announcement. They've been teasing it the last few days on their FB page. STOKED

Sugarloaf is trying to get their shit together to offer riding at the Outdoor Center. Could happen on a limited basis this year

Three days, three trails, three sets of fresh tracks.

New Framed Wolftrax coming in! Was supposed to have it yesterday, but it's been held up in customs for the last 30 hours. I'll hopefully have it for the weekend.

Nice pic! Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by evanb41 View Post
    New Framed Wolftrax coming in! Was supposed to have it yesterday, but it's been held up in customs for the last 30 hours. I'll hopefully have it for the weekend.
    Pretty sure that is a "feature" of Framed bikes. Mine sat in a shipping container in a port in California for a month due to a dock worker strike. I hope you have better luck than I did.

I ordered it from a bike shop in Quebec City, so it had to go through customs.... With my luck it was "randomly" flagged for examination, so it has to go through formal entry, which required me to give my SSN. A lot of hassle. Now I won't have it for the weekend like I had hoped.
    Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Pretty sure that is a "feature" of Framed bikes. Mine sat in a shipping container in a port in California for a month due to a dock worker strike. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Winter Woolly fat bike downhill at Highland on 2/11. That's right lift served dh racing on what I'm hearing are pretty great trails for it. NH here I come

Three days, three trails, three sets of fresh tracks.

Nice au naturel bike rack!!!

I just had my fattie out yesterday! WHY didn't these things come out 30 years ago???

Quote Originally Posted by springsproject View Post
    This photo deserves a repeat!! Bravo!!!!!

Not entirely fat but anyone test or own a new Karate Monkey? 27.5+ can fit a 3" tire. Looks pretty fun!

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/karate_monkey_27.5

Did your bike clear customs? How'd you make out?

What an absolute fucking disaster it is dealing with UPS and clearing customs. After sitting in customs for 4 days because of multiple customer service reps informing me completely different things about the package clearing customs, it was finally on its way to me Tuesday. I had to pay duty and tax on the package. So instead of giving the driver a personal check (which I found odd anyway), I paid via debit card over the phone, got a confirmation code and all that jazz. The delivery guy comes, I go outside and offer to help him unload the package and he says "this package requires paid on delivery fee" I explain to him that I paid over the phone and have the confirmation number. Blah blah blah he doesn't have that in his handheld and can't release the package and he leaves. I call ups they tell me that they could've released it over the phone to him and that it will be delivered today. I went skiing today (no friends on a Pow day right?) so I had my wife wait for the package. Delivery guy comes, he again says he needs to be paid the fee. Long story short he couldn't hand it over because it wasn't in his system yet. The guy was nice enough to wait around for 15 minutes while my wife was on the phone with UPS, who to no avail was useless. I finally got it straightened out and I'm not chancing it. I'm going to pick it up at the local UPS facility tonight. Moral of the story. FUCK UPS
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    Did your bike clear customs? How'd you make out?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2921.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	197695Worth the wait

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Not entirely fat but anyone test or own a new Karate Monkey? 27.5+ can fit a 3" tire. Looks pretty fun!

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/karate_monkey_27.5
    I'd rather have this http://advocatecycles.com/product/hayduke/

Aren't you repping for them?

Quote Originally Posted by evanb41 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2921.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	197695Worth the wait
    What a junkshow! At least you're good to go now! Enjoy!

Aren't you repping for them?
    Yup. I've never been a Surly fan though, the bikes are kinda cool on the surface but they ride like tanks and I tend to appreciate nimble and sporty rather than bulldozers.

Yup. I've never been a Surly fan though, the bikes are kinda cool on the surface but they ride like tanks and I tend to appreciate nimble and sporty rather than bulldozers.
    Yeah I've been digging the Advocate rigs...but am also a fan of the Surly prices

Have you ridden a new Seldom Seen? When will those be available?
    Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 01-20-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Not yet but as soon as they hit the states in March I will I got out on the Hayduke today and the numbers are pretty similar. Super easy bike to ride, climbs well, corners predictably, descends GREAT, needs tires more appropriate to the northeast though.