Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I have Bud n Lou on Clownshoes that I converted to split tube tubeless. I used a 24 X something Q tube with a removable presta core. I split the tube in half, easy to do because there is a mold flashing to follow. I aired the tires up with a compressor, let the air out, removed cores, injected 2 scoops of Stans. No weight savings, no foam, no tape, but the benefits of tubeless. I've run both tires as low as 2 psi.
    That doesn't sound too bad...most of the stuff I've read on teh intertards sounded as if it would be a pain in the ass.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I've run both tires as low as 2 psi.
    No split tires?

That's good to hear.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I've run both tires as low as 2 psi.
    You must weigh about 50 lbs. I could never run less than 5 psi nor would i want to for very far.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    That doesn't sound too bad...most of the stuff I've read on teh intertards sounded as if it would be a pain in the ass.
    That thought kept me away for a long time also. I may get brave and try the tape and foam one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    No split tires?
    That's good to hear.
    Tires have held up fine. I'm not riding huge distances at these pressures, but some conditions dictate as low as you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    You must weigh about 50 lbs. I could never run less than 5 psi nor would i want to for very far.
    My bike with gear on it weighs almost that much, add another 230 for me.

If you are sinking in with Bud n Lou, there is a couple of solutions, lower your air pressure, or walk. In sinking in conditions, walking is generally difficult. So riding a 2 psi, is usually a better solution than walking.

watch out for snakes

Jebus christ on a cracker sandwich. Further down the girthier than average tire equipped all terrain bicycle rabit hole.

Carver carbon fat fork (showed up Tuesday) + Surly Bud on the way for the front end. Hope Fatsno hub laced to a Marge Lite for the rear, sticking with the stock Floater tire. Gonna' drill out the front rim when setting it all up, and do a tubeless conversion at the same time.

Kill me now, before it spreads.

Who's the hot chick on the fridge?
    watch out for snakes

nice scrubman!

the cooker maxi continues to impress. still fully stock. haven't even bothered pulling the silly spoke protector off it yet. no muss no fuss

have run the v8 4.0 down to 3-4psi with zero issues with stock toobz. 165lbs nekkid.

rog

Scrub is a funny guy

Deep hole...haha

Ooh my Fatboy is supposed to arrive in a few hours. Won't be long and I'll have the whole family hooked up and then we'll be the fattest family in town.

Who's the hot chick on the fridge?
    You'd have to ask Drunk Cyclist. I just bought it for the handy dandy torque conversion chart. It's on there. Somewhere.

Fatboys are fun

Of course I forgot my pack (with phone) so no pics but, weeeee oooooh hahahaha! That was me yesterday

We had our first snow since December 4th. It's amazing how 2 to 5" of snow can be such a work out.

I thought that feeling that I was being worked over was because I'm old and fat. You're telling me it was the snow? Phew! I feel much better now

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I thought that feeling that I was being worked over was because I'm old and fat. You're telling me it was the snow? Phew! I feel much better now
    See, this is why I only ride my fat bike. I can blame my speed on the bike and my over all fitness and age is not questioned.

today

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RSD-B...99341806841706

These RSD complete fatbikes so far seem to be winning the quality : price ratio. Apparently, for 1800 bucks or so, you get a quality build (Turbine cranks etc), chro mo frame, carbon fork, and a 29 lb stock weight. But there are very few US dealers currently, and their website doesn't have the info on the FBs yet (need to comb the mtbr threads or FB), and I think the bikes won't ship until April if I recall correctly.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

today
    You got the new suby too!

Well I grabbed the Kona for the right price and I am stoked! Switching the bars instantly and other upgrades to follow and then Specialized will be shipping!

Thought about going to pick up my new bike today, but it's -20, and I ain't no Petervary!
    Gonna get the bike from Jay, though.
    <<name drop>>
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

not even sure if a FB is something I would use much, but the meh winter (until recently) triggered the arrival of this today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mukluk ti frame and fork.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	795.5 KB 
ID:	150098
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Until our little dump yesterday the riding has been sooo good. I've been having so much fun I bought a 2nd Pugsley to turn on a few friends. So far I've had 5 people out on one or the other and it's better than riding solo. Now the skiing is sweet - win win. Here's a custom Wraith "Grunt" my buddy Daren recently built - short stays & slack geometry means this handles like a dream:

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    not even sure if a FB is something I would use much, but the meh winter (until recently) triggered the arrival of this today:

170 rear?
    watch out for snakes

Now I have to decide on footwear and pogies n' shit. 'Hidden' costs. Supposed to be -20 or something tonight, don't think I am riding this thing soon.

-20 is pretty fun. no glasses too much fog,. facemask. any decent winter boots loose with toe warmers in the boot. thin gloves, down mittens, overmitts if no pogies. get bundled up and get real warm, go ride. hike-a-bike roughly every hour to be sure your toes still have blood flowing. this setup will work for occasional cold weather, other recommendations if you are going to be in real cold often/longer duration.

Nah, there's killer powder, I'd rather go skiing in his weather, I guess.

I'm generally not a weight weenie with my bikes but those Hed rims have me intrigued. Good thing my wallet won't support the purchase

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    You got the new suby too!

Well I grabbed the Kona for the right price and I am stoked! Switching the bars instantly and other upgrades to follow and then Specialized will be shipping!
    The XV was last year, good car so far. 40k miles and pretty much been bombproof but, the slightest driveway/parking bumps and the bumpers and headlights retire early. Silly plastic bits FTL

We're gonna have to do a fatty get together this spring somewhere. I nominate Rog's place

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

You don't even know what you're in for

Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    Until our little dump yesterday the riding has been sooo good. I've been having so much fun I bought a 2nd Pugsley to turn on a few friends. So far I've had 5 people out on one or the other and it's better than riding solo. Now the skiing is sweet - win win. Here's a custom Wraith "Grunt" my buddy Daren recently built - short stays & slack geometry means this handles like a dream:
    I saw that on the mtbr thread, sharp looking ride! Looks like he does nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Now I have to decide on footwear and pogies n' shit. 'Hidden' costs. Supposed to be -20 or something tonight, don't think I am riding this thing soon.
    Pics? You're slackin' man...

Pogies? Wuss