replacing iphone screen

So I shattered my 4s screen and bought a replacement off of ebay for like 15 bucks. Tore it all apart, put the new one in and everything works fine, except I must have bought a cheap display because it as a strong blue colorcast. Its more annoying than anything, but does anyone have a recommendation on a screen supplier that has OEM iphone quality screens? May or may not be worth replacing, but if I could spend $50 on a new screen that didn't have this tint, I would definitely give it a go.

Thanks

Did you check with the Apple store? I think they have started doing replacements. Might be $100 though.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

my wife had one replaced for $40 or so at an indy shop locally. seems to be happy with it.

Bumping this up - wife's screen is cracked and the official reply from apple is to replace the phone or risk voiding warranty. They did mention that an apple store might do it for a reasonable price but we don't have one around. For the cost of the new screen it seems like a reasonable risk to take versus ponying up for a new phone. Anybody have good experience with a screen supplier? It's for a 5S if it matters.

For the 4S it's $80-90 to replace with OEM Apple glass here in Vancouver. Lots of independent shops do it and there are techs that will meet you at a coffee shop and do it there (takes 20min). You can pay $50 for non-Apple glass but it doesn't look as good and is not as durable.

I would not bother with the Apple store unless you have Apple care, the phone is probably out of warranty anyway?

Bought a generic replacement off ebay seller paylessauction.

The good: Works, cheap.

Bad: Screen is not as bright and can't see the screen with polarized sunglasses. Not as durable as I already have a scratch on it. Might be worth a few extra bucks for someone else to replace it as it took me almost 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Bought a generic replacement off ebay seller paylessauction.

The good: Works, cheap.

Bad: Screen is not as bright and can't see the screen with polarized sunglasses. Not as durable as I already have a scratch on it. Might be worth a few extra bucks for someone else to replace it as it took me almost 2 hours.
    Now that you figured it all out, you wanna do mine?

There is a kiosk in the mall near me that does it while you wait. I don't know what they charge.

Took an iPad mini to CPR (Cell Phone Repair) and you can't tell its replacement glass. It's franchised, so there's stores all over.