Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: It's Coming...

It's Coming...

And I'll leave it at this: http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/06/18/...15/#more-61653

I have seen the future in my hands and it is a thing of beauty and wonder. Think about what the I/O did to snow goggles. Apply that mentality elsewhere.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Assuming you mean "what the I/O RECON did to snow goggles"?

In which case I have to ask, what did the i/o recon do to snow goggles other than make them expensive fashion accessories for tourists? I'm not commonly called a luddite, but I don't get the appeal or market for the HUD goggles. While I'm riding snow or dirt I'm focussed on the terrain and not on a FPS-style radar map of my friends or my current speed.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post

In which case I have to ask, what did the i/o recon do to snow goggles other than make them expensive fashion accessories for tourists? I'm not commonly called a luddite, but I don't get the appeal or market for the HUD goggles. While I'm riding snow or dirt I'm focussed on the terrain and not on a FPS-style radar map of my friends or my current speed.
    no wonder you can always keep up.....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

No, no I didn't, though that's another subject.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Does have 650b or 29" lenses?

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I'm lost then. The io is a nice light goggle with swappable lenses. Something that's existed for decades in the cycling world.

The coming product notwithstanding - can I have a free one of whatever it is?

I'm betting helmet/glasses combo with integrated app or tracking that can do strava and gps with a bunch of maps preloaded etc?

is it 650 b cup boobies on a HUDS application for piv lock?

i spent a good portion of my early twenties reveling in the various subltelies of smallish athletic breast ..... so that would be a real throwback
    one step forward, no step backward

I'm assuming it's just easily swappable moto lenses? Something to keep pace with Oakley's airbrake thing?

So Smith is finally making bike helmets eh?

other than make them expensive fashion accessories
    Are you questioning the value of pro-model, limited edition, cheesy graphics, googles?

Careful.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

In the interest of full transparency, I wear the I/O and like them. I just don't know what they did for snow goggles.

Enduro Bro - half shell / goggle combo.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Google Integrated GoPro helmet and GPS with 3G for livestreaming to facebook and realtime strava'ing?

I knew it!!!

Sage is finally turning pro mtb.
    bumps are for poor people

so this:

but for skiiing/mountain biking?

Some of you are close, some of you are not but the guesses are making me laugh really hard--especially the 650B, 29er and super gadgety nods to strava induced madness. I wish I could tell you, but I can't. I'll see if I can let you guys have a sneak peak before the official release, since I am itching to see this super savvy, gear-discerning crowd's reaction, good or bad.

grabtindy--The I/O goggle, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, changed the way goggles are designed, made and used. It is now the best selling goggle model in snow sports. The Fishbowl, Airbrake, POC, Zeal whatever, Electric--everyone now has a rimless, interchangeable goggle at the top of their arsenal that was based in concept on the I/O. It is a substantial change for a sixty year old category that hasn't seen real functional evolution since the dual pane lens Bob Smith created in 1965 and perhaps foam technology changes. Hate on it all you want--the I/O was a game changing model in a relatively stale product category. This new product is a similar step up.

Is it a goggle that will pull dirt boogers out of my nose while I'm riding?
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

And...Toast nails it as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    everyone now has a rimless, interchangeable goggle at the top of their arsenal that was based in concept on the I/O. It is a substantial change for a sixty year old category that hasn't seen real functional evolution since the dual pane lens Bob Smith created in 1965 and perhaps foam technology changes. Hate on it all you want--the I/O was a game changing model in a relatively stale product category. This new product is a similar step up.
    Care to explain to this retrogrouch what the major functional difference is with the I/O over "old" style framed goggles?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Will these work for all mountain riding or just trail biking?

Phone double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Care to explain to this retrogrouch what the major functional difference is with the I/O over "old" style framed goggles?
    From my layman's point of view, A) the lenses are easier to change out B) Rimless design offers greater field of vision and spherical lense offers better optics(maybe) C) greater breathability from the frame D) Lighter maybe?

I have them, I like them, they didn't blow my mind, but it is nice to be able to more easily change out lenses. I've had goggles that had interchangeable lenses for many years, but it took a half hour to do it and you ended up with greasy fingerprints all over the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    From my layman's point of view, A) the lenses are easier to change out B) Rimless design offers greater field of vision and spherical lense offers better optics(maybe) C) greater breathability from the frame D) Lighter maybe?

I have them, I like them, they didn't blow my mind, but it is nice to be able to more easily change out lenses. I've had goggles that had interchangeable lenses for many years, but it took a half hour to do it and you ended up with greasy fingerprints all over the lens.
    I've got some Zeals with spherical polarized photochromatic rose-tinted lenses. Field of view is just fine and I never, ever have to change the lens because it's perfect in all conditions, from dark mid-winter storm day skiing to blazing bright sunny spring days.

A good do-everything lens is more important than being able to easily swap between a bunch of shitty choices.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com