Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: It's Coming...

So, umm...they gonna release the other colorways at Interbike, or do the reps have pre-show order material available?
    I haven't asked yet. But I need a new helmet.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Yes, they share a building, rep force, accounting, dealer catalog, etc. But they are two distinct brands with different fits and market penetration, amongst other things.
    You sound like one of the fucks in Detroit who still deeply believed everyone thought a Mercury was different from Lincoln and an Olds wasn't a Buick; all that different packaging for the same shit is just bullshit conning customers. eventually, it fails

the "internet douche" or "internet debate" slam doesn't work if you keep arguing with the douche. unless you are rideit.

Why so bitter?
    I mean, it's just a spendy bike helmet that you don't have to buy.
    Other great ones are coming down in price, you can get a decent lid for $30, so it's not part of a price escalation, or anything.
    It's just nerdy consumerism, and that's the way of TGR!
    Last edited by rideit; 08-20-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    why do you give a shit?

Exactly!
    You are just so acerbic about stuff that really doesn't matter, it's just odd.
    Bro.

So is Bell/Giro ultimately integrated or not?

Hugh Conway Guest
    they've got tubes there man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    You sound like one of the fucks in Detroit who still deeply believed everyone thought a Mercury was different from Lincoln and an Olds wasn't a Buick; all that different packaging for the same shit is just bullshit conning customers. eventually, it fails

the "internet douche" or "internet debate" slam doesn't work if you keep arguing with the douche. unless you are rideit.
    Oh shit. The Oldsmobuick Defense.

Champ.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Oh shit. The Oldsmobuick Defense.

Champ.
    And the limp rideit-slam as a bonus! HUGH wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    So is Bell/Giro ultimately integrated or not?
    Having just gone through purchasing a new helmet, I can say they're not. Giro doesn't make anything that fits like the Bell Variant. They're still different...at least for now.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Hugh Conway Guest
    Our industry heavyweights weighing in on the distinct identitiesthat they can't elaborate on, neither can anyone else. Par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Having just gone through purchasing a new helmet, I can say they're not. Giro doesn't make anything that fits like the Bell Variant. They're still different...at least for now.
    And here's Arty weighing in. Perfect.

Why do you give a shit?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Why do you give a shit? It's just so odd, brolicious

I see your crush is back...

I rode my bike to work this morning.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

What helmet?

What about helmet hair? Is this helmet going to put those funny lines in my hair?

Are we talking Coolio or Bjork?

"I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Are we talking Coolio or Bjork?
    Neither. It's the 25th-anniversary Disintegration Integration helmet, so it'll make you look like Robert Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    What about helmet hair? Is this helmet going to put those funny lines in my hair?
    isn't there some hair care product out now that takes care of your hair under helmets? maybe smith could license that and have their breakthrough be the first action sports male makeup and body care line for the tgr metrosexuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    isn't there some hair care product out now that takes care of your hair under helmets? maybe smith could license that and have their breakthrough be the first action sports male makeup and body care line for the tgr metrosexuals?
    Uh metrosexual is a couple years ago, don't you know it's all about being an urban woodsman if you want to be up with the hip trendy crowd.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Uh metrosexual is a couple years ago, don't you know it's all about being an urban woodsman if you want to be up with the hip trendy crowd.
    like giro/bell, those distinct brand identitys are lost on me. same shit, different package.

Wow...this thing really went ape shit!

All I can say is that I'm disappointed in the imagery used to launch the product. In real life, the helmet is very low profile and pretty understated. The fit is bomb and the weight reduction is noticeable. Keep in mind I don't work at Smith anymore and have no horse in this race, but if I did and it's name was Hugh, I'd shoot it in the head and make dog food for retarded dingos.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Yeah, I don't actually have anything against it. Does anyone really?

It's a new helmet, smith is trying to get into bikes, this is how marketing decided to present it. Still it seems like a good product and I would actually like a helmet like this with more coverage than my road helmet for mountain usage. Or the bell super or something from poc or whatever. TBH it's going to be whatever has the best venting, is cheapest, and comes in the colors I want.