Indoctrination: Welcome to the Tribe

Many of my ski friends are moms and dads. Probably in their experience and certainly in mine, when you first become a parent, your skiing days go way, way, way down. I know that for about 2 years I didn't get hardly any days or so it seemed. But then the kids get old enough to ski and your ski days start going up. Then you realize the secret to more ski days for you is getting the kids skiing and loving it as much as you do.

Fast forward 16 years. You have accomplished your goal. Your ski days are way, way, way up and the kids are there with you on many of those days. They are old enough and skilled enough to ski anywhere. You have begun there avalanche training and it's time for true indoctrination into the tribe. So you pull the trigger on the big trip, in a big snow year.

This is the story of a bunch of 40 something year old kids teaching teens and 20 somethings year old kids what the life can be like if done safely, with a positive attitude and a never ending hunger to have fun and stay kids themselves.

Welcome to the tribe.

Last edited by H-man; 06-18-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

maybe it is the mid-week vodka - ok, eff that, todays vodka, but did mr rogers enter the room???!!! shoot that biotch!!! “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

I really enjoyed it.Thanks H-man

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

the tribe should embrace the groms from day 1.
    b