Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

There are a lot of cool-as-hell bikes this year

Enduro, all-mountain, trail, whatever they're calling it, I've been keeping my eye out for a way to consolidate the stable, and have a light, but no-holds-barred DH cabable rig, and the options are dizzyingly good. Just thought it worth a mention that the bike industry is making some really cool shit. For starters:

Specialized Stumpy Evo 26 and 29 carbon
    Specialized Enduro 26 and 29 carbon
    Yeti SB95C and SB66C
    Ibis Mojo HDR (hoping to demo one next weekend, if I can find a babysitter)
    Ibis Ripley
    Santa Cruz Bronson and Solo
    SC Tallboy LTC

There's so much stuff that looks so good I'm just kind of sitting back to see what shakes out. In the meantime, my SB95 alu is absolutely crushing it. Long XC days? OK. 15-20' gap jumps? OK. Berm blasting, transfer lines, manuals? Sure. Yeah, on a 120mm fork. It's almost scary that bikes, suspension, and components have gotten this good.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Agreed. I'm even kinda interested in the new GT's, which isn't something that I've said at any point in the last 18 years.

What? No Rocky Altitude Love?
    Have you demo'd one yet?

But yeah, I old have been happy with any number of bikes this year, for sure. Probably would have been going for the Bronson Carbon if the Rocky hadn't of shipped first.
    That said, I fucking LOVE my new bike!

Talking I'm 4 years in on an altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What? No Rocky Altitude Love?
    Have you demo'd one yet?

But yeah, I old have been happy with any number of bikes this year, for sure. Probably would have been going for the Bronson Carbon if the Rocky hadn't of shipped first.
    That said, I fucking LOVE my new bike!
    For what I do, I could not have found a better bike. My cross country is to climb a mountain and ride back down it. It has more suspension than I need and the ability to lock that thing out and climb is very nice. It actually climbs better in the saddle than my old carbon fiber hard tail. It is amazing what has happened in the last 15 years with mountain bikes. I was able to go from a full XTR carbon fiber hard tail to an altitude with a big cross country suspension and match the weight. The advance in bike technology is huge.

where's that Ibis demo at?

I'm kind of in the market for a full squish wagon wheel. So far I've tried the TBC and SB95C. Compared to my yelli both were a little underwhelming but I think I like the 95 better.

Bikes are so fucking good now. Even my original mojo is starting to look long in the tooth (not that I even remotely ride enough to justify a new ride)

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Agreed. I'm even kinda interested in the new GT's, which isn't something that I've said at any point in the last 18 years.
    I just got the Force 1.0 and love it
    @EdgeLinkJohn

Not a new design but my new Cannondale Jekyll has been pretty sick so far. Lots of pretty bikes out there.

Blur TR aluminum. Ripper. Tia.

true DAT!

i have been ready to build a lighter trail bike for a bit now.

those Speshy SJ EVO's/ enduros look wicked sick.... but keeping getting bugged by 1) fuck specialized 2) fuck propreitary shocks & mounts. almost pulled trigger on a (slightly) used EVO a month ago.

the v2 banshee spitty is top of my list now.. swappable dropouts for ALL wheel sizes.

650b knolly endophin and a 650b canfield bros trail bike is in the works i hear!

GT seems to be following in giants footsteps--->> rad but afforable product sells baby
    one step forward, no step backward

... and somehow my Karate Monkey still makes me grim on every Shore ride. Go figure. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371615250.104664.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	138881

Steel hardtails will never stop being fun. Ever.

The array of shiny baubles is so dizzying right now I bought a fat bike just to tide me over until the dust settles. Picked up a Salsa Beargrease and it makes me smile, my FS bike is gathering dust

I'll be building up a Bronson/Range/Altitude/ or the Giant 650b that will drop in a month or so.

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

The aptly named Endorphin delivers the goods every time.

Particle, that Pitch you sold me is still kicking ass too. Might not be the newest, lightest, or anything, but it does it all. Still stoked on it. Lift served, XC, whatever. Fun all round bike. Of course, now I'm eyeing a Bronson for the future...

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    The array of shiny baubles is so dizzying right now I bought a fat bike just to tide me over until the dust settles. Picked up a Salsa Beargrease and it makes me smile, my FS bike is gathering dust
    That's my plan too. I just want a bike that makes me grin and giggle. I have a quiver of bikes that do that now so most of the new stuff interests me to just such a point... Fat is gonna be where it's at for my next ride.

Definitely a lot of cool bikes Particle but almost the worst time to be buying with so much happening in that genre of bikes.

Having the hardest time right now deciding between the SC TBLT and Bronson, at least either way, can't go wrong. Its been a great run with the Mojo HD but I'm going to give an SC a try, they fit better in the XLs. Rode both a bunch last week and they both feel really good. First time riding 27" and liked having that meaty tire further out in front, felt much more confident than the OTB feeling I often get on the HD...and the stability of the TB is oh so nice too.

Anyway, would anyone care to speculate how a TBLT would run with a 1 degree Angleset and 150mm Pike. My math and geometry skills show a 0.6" increase in wheelbase (still shorter than comparable, ie. Enduro 29, Yeti95) and no (0.1") change at the handlebars or BB.

On a side note, got an entry for the Whole Enchilada Race today, stoked to see you Americanos in September.

i'd say go for it. it puts the length in the best place (out front) instead of long cs. I just put a works component headset in (-1.5) wanting to take some twitch out of a small frame(i'm in between a sm and med). thinking i'd slow the steering down. the biggest change was the added wheelbase and sticking the front axle out in front more. really happy I didn't buy a new frame now. sticking it in to corners way more comfortable now. having a lot of fun with it, loading it in the corners and trying to pop out. before I was just tensing up over the front trying to control it from pitching me. it took a day and a half to get used to it climbing tech or steep switchbacks. best $115 I spent in yrs

I'm even kinda interested in the new GT's,
    fuckin groupie
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

^^^HA!

and we are only 2 stops in....... should i sell my new demo?
    one step forward, no step backward

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    ^^^HA!

and we are only 2 stops in....... should i sell my new demo?
    Aaron gwin not winning world cup dh races by insane margins has proven twice now that the specialized demo is an inferior bicycle. I hope you haven't had any fun on it because if so, you're wrong.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

just bought a demo too. wishin I was 10 seconds faster last ride.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    fuckin groupie
    The DH rig is still fucking ugly. I can't be seen riding ugly bikes.

But the trail bikes - they're like semi-URT's and shit. What do you call it when the rear end isn't unified but the BB is flopping around all over the place? A Maverick?

And yeah, for the record, I switched from a Session to a Demo this year. I'm definitely slower now.

But the trail bikes - they're like semi-URT's and shit. What do you call it when the rear end isn't unified but the BB is flopping around all over the place? A Maverick?
    The funny thing is that the old i-drive actually kind of made sense. This new mess is seriously 4 dudes wasted off their asses going "I betcha we can get people to buy this. Quick! What's the budget for fast guys??!!"