Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I hear you on complainers and generally ignore them as well. This guy was notable because he complained then you see him riding around all the hard stuff as he rides away.

Also agreed on MTBers being annoying as a group. I'd add the word entitled.

Speaking of "that one rock," I've been removing some of them lately because of the trail widening they always lead to here. This used to be narrow singletrack, but a rock starts to poke out of the dirt and all of a sudden people have to take the low line around it, doubling the trail width. But remove it, and someone will get outraged for dumbing down the trail. lol

Attachment 401795
    Haha! Yup, I've seen all of that as well. In the end, if you're the guy doing the work then F em really. Do what you like and feel is appropriate and truthfully most riders don't know anything about trail maintenance or construction but man do they have opinions! The really experienced riders that have done work generally aren't going to complain and know how hard the work actually is.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

All I've got to say is I'd love to ride that shit that evdog is building. Keep doing what you're doing, only wish I lived close to take advantage of it. Looks rad.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    All I've got to say is I'd love to ride that shit that evdog is building. Keep doing what you're doing, only wish I lived close to take advantage of it. Looks rad.
    x2.

Those rocks are very cool, it's always fun to work with perfect, rollable geology. Thanks for your work evdog!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I know, it's quite strange. The Pease trails have an old dump in one area. It's disgusting. The amount of broken glass on the surface is disheartening. I cannot imagine how the wildlife avoid cutting the paws/hooves whatever wide open. I wish the PDA would go in there and clean it up. I also think a lot of trash just gets blown in the wind and the leaves bury it...year after year. I have certainly pulled a lot of trash out of the woods over the years building trails. I'm not sure it offsets the damage I've created in the woods by building trails. There's a fine line and I do struggle sometimes with disrupting habitat. Not on purpose or knowingly, but I know I'm messing with nature and the natural order of things. But hey, the deer definitely love our trails! We see their tracks all the time.
    Based on the volume of deer droppings I'm already getting on my raked out trail - they approve. Also sounds like if it isn't getting that much traffic, likely a hard, deep rake/till is called for - especially given this area has a ton of biomass everywhere with a big organic layer (Right next to a swamp with easy capillary access to water and a ton of diverse species moving through).

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    x2.

Those rocks are very cool, it's always fun to work with perfect, rollable geology. Thanks for your work evdog!
    I mean yeah I agree, but it looks too easy