Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59
Results 1,451 to 1,453 of 1453
    The last storm didn't seem like it would be huge but it took this bridge out. Looks like a heavy palm root ball came tumbling down and took out footings on one side like a bowling ball. The bridge deck was not affected and still together in one solid unit.

We planned to disconnect the ramps from the center span and use those as a temporary bridge. But after getting one end off and removing the footings we were able to slowly lift the longer section back into place and get it stable. Then we excavated a bit and got the loose end sitting stable. So now we'll try and stake them in and see if this will hold up permanently rather than rebuilding the whole thing.

Before and after

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    The last storm didn't seem like it would be huge but it took this bridge out. Looks like a heavy palm root ball came tumbling down and took out footings on one side like a bowling ball. The bridge deck was not affected and still together in one solid unit.

We planned to disconnect the ramps from the center span and use those as a temporary bridge. But after getting one end off and removing the footings we were able to slowly lift the longer section back into place and get it stable. Then we excavated a bit and got the loose end sitting stable. So now we'll try and stake them in and see if this will hold up permanently rather than rebuilding the whole thing.

Before and after

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
    Cool bridge work. It's not often that you see land managers on board with wood work like that.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Hey mags,

Apologies in advance for the thread hijack. I'll delete this if the mods want.

Gravity Logic is hiring excavator operators for the 2024 build season. We have Canadian jobs on the both the East Coast and West Coast this summer.

If you're an experienced machine operator, check out the link below.

We're currently looking for Canadian operators, but if you're an American operator and looking for a job, drop us an email. We have contracts south of the border as well. We're all staffed up for our USA jobs at the moment, but this could change.

Pay is $28-36/hour depending on experience, plus a per diem for days on the road. Opportunity to work up to 60 hours/week with OT after 40 hours.

https://www.whistlergravitylogic.com/careers

I started a specific thread for this so if you have any questions feel free to DM me or drop them in the other thread.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...4-build-season

/endthreadhijack
    Last edited by Clownshoe; 04-13-2024 at 10:40 AM.