Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Logan to Concord NH during rush hour

So I land in Boston at 445 tomorrow afternoon to head up to Burlington for a wedding. Renting a car and driving. Been a while. What does everyone think is the best (aka fastest) route to get up to rt 89 that time of day. I realize this is going to blow regardless, but after flying all day from Jackson I want to minimize the damage. Ive always gotten screwed on 93, but I doubt 95 to 101 and over will be better to compensate for the roundabout way. Any insider tips as last time I made this journey this time of day the big dig was still going on full force.

Given Ive been gone for so long and the routes are always different due to construction, bullshit, etc whats the collective got? Blunts and booze await at the end of my journey, preferably sooner rather than later.
    Live Free or Die

I find Rt 3 to Nashua/293 through Manch is the least painful option. Also, there's open road tolling at the Hooksett tolls, so if your rental has access to EZ Pass try to hook that up.

+++ Vibes +++

If yesterday's (Thursday) traffic was any indicator of how today is going to be, you better get comfortable. 2 hrs to go 16 miles. Flying into Manchester would have been easier for you.

You can't avoid the traffic getting out of the city, but I'd go 93N all the way to the split. To get to Rt 3, you'll have to take 95 and that could be all jammed up to. Rt 3 is no picnic either sometimes.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    pretty much 93 to 89. once you hit manchester the traffic will thin out a bit.

Land, get your car, take the tunnel to the north end, have a beer or two and let traffic die down a bit. The entrance to 93 is RIGHT there and you might as well chill out and grab something to eat plus it's POURING rain here and flights are already being delayed.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Its bike week, stay away from 93N at all cost.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Its bike week, stay away from 93N at all cost.
    93 is the lesser of evils, beside, once you hit 89, it'll open up. Because I live near it, I use Rt 3, but as BLB says, it's a little out of the way and it will be packed, too.

Beautiful weekend though, and Vermont will be fun.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Bike week? You're fucked. Only other route to Burlington is Pike to 91, which may be the best option given bike week.

^^^that's gotta be like 75 extra miles or more, just listen to Vinz, have some dinner and a couple double espressos in the North End and then hit it.

^^^+100 on this . . . looks ridiculously longer on a map, but trust me, it works and is a lot less stressful when there is rush-hour, or extra traffic due to Friday travel on the 93 to 89 route.

Id sit around the North End and wait. Youre getting there at like 10pm no matter if you go 93 and sit in traffic, wait it out, or take the Pike. Wait that shit out. Check traffic on your phone and leave whenever looks decent.

Side note, this afternoon is supposed to clear up so may not be so bad to walk around.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Id sit around the North End and wait. Youre getting there at like 10pm no matter if you go 93 and sit in traffic, wait it out, or take the Pike. Wait that shit out. Check traffic on your phone and leave whenever looks decent.

Side note, this afternoon is supposed to clear up so may not be so bad to walk around.
    This... I'll be there tonight on anniversary dinner... Just ask for change.

Rent a rice rocket and lane split all the way up to BTV.

Doesn't Jet Blue fly logan to burlington? Hey it's only money.

edit: haha, they do...via JFK. Only 6 hours and $440., such a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ^^^that's gotta be like 75 extra miles or more, just listen to Vinz, have some dinner and a couple double espressos in the North End and then hit it.
    I never said it was a good option, but there's a good chance 93 north will be a parking lot until 9PM or so.

Well Gimp Too thinks it's good...hey at least you'd be moving, that's better than sitting in a traffic jam for hours.

Another factor is the Boston exodus to NYC... 90 can back up, too.

I do the Boston to VT drive tons of Fridays at rush hour... You'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeagueBrian View Post
    If yesterday's (Thursday) traffic was any indicator of how today is going to be, you better get comfortable. 2 hrs to go 16 miles. Flying into Manchester would have been easier for you.
    Holy Shit how do people do that everyday??? I was in Woburn yesterday and drove to Logan at appx 6pm. 1hr and 42min to go 11miles.

That SUCKED!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Can't get theyah from theyah.

Well, I knew it would be bad but not that bad. Looks like ill meet up with the sister and get some free drinks while she tends bar at legal seafoods. Thanks for the tips guys.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Well, I knew it would be bad but not that bad. Looks like ill meet up with the sister and get some free drinks while she tends bar at legal seafoods. Thanks for the tips guys.
    Which one?

Don't worry, I'm married.

Good call. Unless you are wheels up before 3:00 leaving the city going north you are better of having dinner/drinks and leaving at 7:00. Probably arrive at roughly the same time.
    Bikers weekend, 93 North is gonna suuuuck.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Which one?

I'm married too but I like to drink.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Yeah, for realz. I'm "close" to harborside and aquarium and about to check out.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

pass in the right lane as often as possible.
    b