Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Was I the only one who got an email from the Pats proshop to pre-order my Tebow Jersey

Mcdaniels brought this pariah into the league, he should have to deal with him.

The kid can play football though, maybe not QB so much, but there's gotta be a place for him. I mean shit, he got the Broncos just as far into the playoffs as Manning for a fraction of the price. There's something to be said for that right? Maybe Brady can teach him how to throw a spiral

IMO he'll be 3ed string QB, he will never see a snap. They should get rid of this guy, there are plenty of hard working players few are good NFL football players. Even less are great NFL football players. Kids a waste of time and space, he would do great in Canada but not real Football.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I agree with others (sorry Rob) that brady is 1, Mallet is 2, and Timmy will most likely be out of that red jersey sooner than later. I'm imagining a variety of schemes where he may or may not throw the ball from a RB or WR spot.
    I don't disagree that he may be the worst qb on the field. He may end up on the practice squad. But I don't think they brought him in to be a fb, te, or wr.

To everyone saying that, oh he's 6' 3", or his forty time is comparable to X, there are hundreds of people sitting at home and playing in Canada who are bigger, stronger and faster. He is not that athletic.

Either Bill sees something and thinks he can improve him, or they brought him in to sell jerseys and he gets cut before the season starts, at no cost.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums
    Last edited by neufox47; 06-12-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

To everyone saying that, oh he's 6' 3", or his forty time is comparable to X, there are hundreds of people sitting at home and playing in Canada who are bigger, stronger and faster. He is not that athletic.
    Thank you
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I admit I'm not a football fan, so excuse my ignorance, but if Tebow sucks so bad how did he win a Heisman? There's got to be something to this guy, right?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I admit I'm not a football fan, so excuse my ignorance, but if Tebow sucks so bad how did he win a Heisman? There's got to be something to this guy, right?
    Because there are plenty of Heisman winner's who never make it big in the pro's - like say Danny Wuerffel - jeopardy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Trophy_winners

another theory:
    they know mallet has talent but possibly lacks drive. they brought in tebow to try and motivate him a little more?

(i do realize this could have the reverse effect and mallet thinks he's a lock for the back-up spot again)

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    In Tebows case, he could make decent college passes and was a decent college running back, the hybrid threat, along with playing on a stacked Florida team, made him dominant. Pull him up to the pros where everyone is fast, defenses are disciplined, and he can't run anyone over, and he is below average. His throwing windows shrunk from the size of a small room, to the size of a big beachball.

With a lot of other great college players (non qbs) who are busts, they usually lack great speed. Ron Daybe ran over most college players but couldn't outrun them. Get to the pros and he's now even slower compared to his peers, and he can't run them over.

That said, the athleticism of these guys is mind boggling. Never had the opportunity to see high end NFL players but I've seen a lot of elite college and struggling for the pros players and they amaze me every time.

Watched a corner back (didn't get drafted this year, but is an undrafted free agent in NFL) messing around with three elite highschool athletes, a tight end, wr, and QB. All three were getting looks from D1 and AA schools. He covered both of them on a half sized field. Rules were the qb had to throw it beyond 10 yards and they had 5 seconds to throw. He defended 8 out of 10 passes with two interceptions.

Guy also caught me in a prone start 20 yard dash when I had a 10 yd headstart. I'm really not slow, but he's that fast.

Dude if Usain Bolt (or anyone, since Bolt is known for a slow start) catches you in a 20 yard dash when you have a 10 yard head start, you are slow as hell.

Granted, small sample size and I'm no Tebow backer, but if he is so terrible then how is it that he outranks every QB in the league with respect to TDs/touch and least number of TOs/touch? Based on a % of how often he handles the ball, the guy produces more than anyone else and without giving the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Thank you
    Says the IT guy on a skiing message board.

Look, this guys life is sports. To sit at a computer and say the guy isnt an athlete is laughable.

He either gets with the program and changes positions or washes out. Dude could be a hell of FB if he learns the position IMO, but I still think its a long shot.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Dude if Usain Bolt (or anyone, since Bolt is known for a slow start) catches you in a 20 yard dash when you have a 10 yard head start, you are slow as hell.
    Prone start. As in laying down flat on your stomach. Good test of quickness, better than a straight sprint. Also a 4.4 40 time would catch a 5.4 forty time in a straight 10 vs 20 yard dash.

5.4 isn't fast, but a 5.4 electronic time isn't really slow either. People always talk about their 40 times that were taken by a coach standing with a stopwatch waiting to start it on the movement of the player, which is usually about .2-.3 seconds faster than electronic.

Adironrider, yea he's an athlete, and an amazing one, but not such a freak athlete that he's better than the amazing athletes who've been playing TE or FB for most of their lives.

My point was this dude, who I saw run a 1.45 second 10 yard dash (translates to a 4.4 40)and jump 42" vert, will probably never see the field in the NFL. He's hoping to just play on the practice squad and make a couple hundred K a year for a few years.

Last edited by neufox47; 06-13-2013 at 11:12 PM.

anyone actively playing in the NFL (including timmeh) is automatically a PHENOMENAL athlete.

Hands down.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Sagamoron View Post
    Was I the only one who got an email from the Pats proshop to pre-order my Tebow Jersey
    So when does your new jersey arrive?

(sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Says the IT guy on a skiing message board.

Look, this guys life is sports. To sit at a computer and say the guy isnt an athlete is laughable.
    Im not saying he is not an athlete, we call 10 year olds in our ski race program athletes. I'm saying hes an average athlete dime a dozen, and not NFL caliber.

I won't get into the IT guy sitting at the computer thing.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Athlete ≠ NFL player is what I'm saying.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Also a 4.4 40 time would catch a 5.4 forty time in a straight 10 vs 20 yard dash.
    okay I'm not gonna say you're wrong since i have no fucking idea, but how does that work? Sure seems wrong.

okay I'm not gonna say you're wrong since i have no fucking idea,.
    lol good call thats what I do.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

okay I'm not gonna say you're wrong since i have no fucking idea, but how does that work? Sure seems wrong.
    First, I shoulda clarified what I meant by Catch, that means "tag", realized afterwards that to someone who isn't doing these catch would mean pull even. So by pull even it would be a greater difference but not by much. This obviously isn't an exact science, as Ussain bolt has a "pedestrian for the NFL" 4.5 forty time (he also gets to use blocks to start) who then runs several mph faster than the field for for the next 60 yds. Interesting thing about world class sprinters and Usain inparticular, they take steps at about the same rate, it is the force they strike the ground with that seperated them.

But, 65-70% of that 1 sec difference is probably in the first ten yards, there are exceptions, where one guy has significantly better top speed (which is a misnomer because only people slow as hell hit top speed in 40 yds), but for the most part the first 7 yards are where a forty is made great. This is also why most combine athletes only run 10 and 20 yard sprints to train for the forty (with occasional full distance run thrown in). The first 20 yards tell you all you need to know. Also, this is why you see D lineman chase down skill players occasionally in down the field sprints. Their top speed is almost identical, but that skill player is way faster in the first 20 yds.

Last edited by neufox47; 06-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Well that cleared that up.

Neufox rips on skis, tho. Would kick Usain's ass!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Well that cleared that up.
    Sorry, the short of it is that 60-70% of that time difference is most likely in the first ten yards. But I didn't want that statement to be taken as an absolute.

TEEEEEEEEEEEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    holy fucking shitballs