Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi Beoytches...it's KARMA BIKE TIME! :)

I spoke with Zig and it's time to put the karma back in gear. The Yeti bike is again up for a deserving maggot to use, hopefully not abuse, and then pass on. Zig is still at the bike shop and plans to give it a good tune up and ship it out as soon as we have our candidate. Inspector Gadget did a very nice write up last time, and I'm not good with logical thinking, so I'm going to borrow from his last post (thanks Inspector!) and explain the situation below. Can't wait to see it go on to new maggoty adventures!

Pics and specs in original threads:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ght=karma+bike

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Cast-your-vote!

I will upload recent ones if/when I can...got a lot going on here right now!
    Love,
    Sprite

PS...bear with me as I get the poll up and running. I used to work in technology as many of you know, but there are times when you'd never know it.

Karma Project Bike Yeti AS-X-- PASSING OF THE TORCH!
    It's time for the collective to come forward so we can decide who will receive the Karma Project Bike Yeti AS-X. If you feel that you or someone here is a deserving maggot who would use, enjoy, love, care for, and pass along this cool bike then please post up in this thread and let us know the scoop! Why would you like it? How would you use it? Have you a need for a little sunshine in your life and this would bring it...tell us!

You should PM me your nominations so that I don't have it all up here in public. I will then "anonomize" the people who write to me and you can vote on it as a collective.

Thanks! And below are some general rules about the bike and the karma involved

The rules:

1.) The recipient of a Karma bike must be a contributing member of the Maggot community. In the event that a contributing member of the community submits an entry on behalf of a non-member, there must be a very compelling story that accompanies the proxy entry.

2.) The recipient of a Karma bike must post stoke related to the bike. Photos and TRs of where they've been and what they've done with their Karma bike.

3.) The recipient of a Karma bike must maintain the bike in the same or better condition than when they received the bike.

4.) Karma bikes are not to be sold. When the recipient of a Karma bike is able to upgrade to a better bike or otherwise buy a new bike, the Karma bike needs to find it's next home in the Maggot community through the same selection process.
    Last edited by snowsprite; 06-10-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

I had a nice conversation with Snowsprite yesterday. (She is one of my most favorite Maggettes, which is pretty funny considering we've never met and only talked on the phone a handful of times.) I'm pretty happy to see that Zig is going to pass the Karma Project Bike Yeti on to the next deserving person, so put on your philanthropic thinking caps and let's figure out who is next in line to receive the KPB Yeti.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

awesomeness!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I had the very same thought after reading his thread.
    Last edited by InspectorGadget; 06-11-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    I had the very same thought after reading his thread. It seems like a great fit to me, but what does the collective say?
    lurked the past karma bike threads...... good stuff. grippen would be good choice

All good on the be front! I know there are many other mags out there that deserve it!
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

I agree with passing this on to Gripen.
    There would surely be TRs and more to come out of it. Imagine local mags would get in on it too.
    This can only end well.

Good to have the feedback on Gripen...I have always liked the dude!
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Ii really really appreciate the offer guys but I have more bikes then I know what to do with. I was just trying to get a full DH bike for me my brother for a weekend in thr other thread. I already have both an xc and Dh sled.

I love the idea of the karma bike and there are so many people on this board that deserve it, so many people that I've seen help and support complete strangers. I know there is someone on here who'll put the ride to good use and deserve every minute of it! Someone who doesn't already have a sweet ride
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Ii really really appreciate the offer guys but I have more bikes then I know what to do with. I was just trying to get a full DH bike for me my brother for a weekend in thr other thread. I already have both an xc and Dh sled.

I love the idea of the karma bike and there are so many people on this board that deserve it, so many people that I've seen help and support complete strangers. I know there is someone on here who'll put the ride to good use and deserve every minute of it! Someone who doesn't already have a sweet ride
    I agree Gripen...but you fit criteria number one though as stated in your post. Glad you already have a sweet ride(s) already!

The bike is there for that person who needs it though, so if you know someone post it up here.

Sprite

I'd like to nominate njfreeskier

Here's some of his stoke from his drastically shortened season this year. He definitely had a rough one and kept on smiling and working hard even though life kept throwing him curveballs.

Last edited by PearlJam09; 06-12-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Awesome! Thanks Pearljam for PM'ing a great nomination!
    Last edited by snowsprite; 06-12-2013 at 08:55 PM.

PS guys...I will post the ones I get and then you can vote, but we will give it some time.
    Thanks!
    Sprite

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    I'd like to nominate njfreeskier
    Nice nomination njf.

People, please follow the rules when submitting a nomination, you know this process is double-top-secret.

You should PM me your nominations so that I don't have it all up here in public. I will then "anonomize" the people who write to me and you can vote on it as a collective.

I was never good at english class and reading comprehension. Just say the word and I'll take the post down. I'll PM sprite (again) instead.

No worries, the cat's already out of the bag.

I'd say, put more emphasis this round on giving it to someone who's more likely to bring teh stoke.

I wish we could get _aaron_ remotely interested in bikes, for the TR's and pics alone! And he would never, ever buy one.

Hi, some noice nominations coming in...and the top one is someone w/the time & energy/in the right place in life right now to bring the stoke. So it's looking good

Hi, update: we have received nominations for 2 mags and I will be posting those up this weekend for your voting!

If you have a nomination please send it to me...I'd like to post the poll Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks

I beat the shit outta that bike :-)

jk...it's not my size...and I'm not always funny

TWO??? somewhere this thing has lost it's shine....

the stoke was not brought because it was a surprise on a kid with a lot on his plate....you don't give with expectations of receiving....you give to give...

well now fuck that shit :-)....this time it should be someone who is a regular contributing member...

beat the shit out of that bike and post pics

InspectorG put a lot of effort into that....this comes with rules...

TWO???
    (no offense to any nominees...just thought this deserved more action...but it's not always quantity that counts)

I have my poll ready to go but wanted to bump one more time to see if there were any more nominations. Otherwise it goes up tomorrow!

We seem to have lost radio contact with sprite. Anyone know if the poll is happening, and if so, where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    We seem to have lost radio contact with sprite. Anyone know if the poll is happening, and if so, where it is?
    Bump...