Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Have you ever forgiven the unforgivable?

So I turn to the arm chair psychiatrists in The Padded Room....

I had someone do something totally and completely, IMO, unforgivable. Since it happened, I've felt sick to my stomach and mentally confused. Hopefully this terrible feeling goes away in time...but...

Have any of you had something done to you that you considered unforgivable? How long were you mentally eff'd for? Did you eventually forgive them...or just cut them out of your life completely?

If you did forgive them: how long did it take...what did it take?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

We'll need pics of this cheating whore before we can offer up guidance.

that person has yours balls ... until you forgive
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It depends. How big are her boobs?

Forgive but take appropriate action.

I forgive you for being a slut, you are human, fallible and moronic for making that choice. Forgiving you means I can start to unload the resentment.

Now move the fuck out and leave my 1986 Slippery When Wet mesh tanktop here.

I usually try to forgive... Depends on what it was. I have some dickhead friends that I give a fresh start to whenever I see them every Couple years, till they prove they're still the asshole I remember.

It's probably best to cut them off for now, as it will "grind your gears" And make moving forward difficult. If after some time off you feel like you can let them back into your life than that is an option

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Define forgive. If it means trust them again regarding a similar situation, no. You'd have to be a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I had someone do something totally and completely, IMO, unforgivable. Since it happened, I've felt sick to my stomach and mentally confused. Hopefully this terrible feeling goes away in time...but...
    1)

2)

3)

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Define forgive. If it means trust them again regarding a similar situation, no. You'd have to be a fool.
    i am a one striker if it was malicious in nature, otherwise my crew gets a pass for dumb stuff.
    bF

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    This. I try not to harbor resentment because that doesn't do anyone any good. But there are plenty of people that I've pushed out of my life for something they've done. Have I forgiven them? I dunno. Not in the fullest sense of the word.

I've born witness several times to some shit I'd never thought someone could forgive, but the offended party was able to.

It blew my mind that they could, so I've learned to never say never. I've also seen grudges that ruin families, taking this BS to their graves, so forgiving and moving on, is the healthiest option.

(You're not talking about my insult regarding NH drivers are you? )
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    (You're not talking about my insult regarding NH drivers are you? )
    Fucking NH drivers!

I live right on the border and all the old-timer NH guys in their beater trucks come over and drive on Rt#5 going 10-15mph under the speed limit.

That's Un-fucking-forgivable
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    So I turn to the arm chair psychiatrists in The Padded Room....

Have any of you had something done to you that you considered unforgivable? How long were you mentally eff'd for? Did you eventually forgive them...or just cut them out of your life completely?

If you did forgive them: how long did it take...what did it take?
    Out of sight, out of mind. Stop calling her and hope she goes away. I won't say a word to your wife, I swear.

Sounds like you got cheated on maybe?

I've been married and with my wife for a long time but I still remember the punch to the gut feeling I got when my long term live in college gal cheated on me.

I learned to forgive her finally after I saw that her little trist way back in undergrad led her down the path of 3 divorces in 5 years, 2 kids, and she really packed on the pounds.

Saw her at a reunion with her patchwork family, husband #3, and McDonalds girth; while I had my smokin hot wife on my arm and the glow of a fresh tan from a month in the BVIs.

It was then that I guess I really finally let go of any resentment.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 06-10-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    I still call it The Jake.

It's a trick question

Forgive? No. I couldn't forgive someone who intentionally lied to everyone around them and built a web of deceit that hurt so many people. Family and friends.

That is the only person I will never forgive so far. Not bad for 34 years.

Best thing FOR ME was to distance myself from this person in every way. No contact. They are dead to me.

Actually, I couldn't forgive my friend who murdered someone either. Fuck that guy.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Life is a series of experiences with lessons to be learned. If someone wrongs you, why? I mean it isn't like people go out looking for things to make their life messier. Contrary to the t-shirt shit does not just happen.

I don't know about forgiving....I tend to turn apathetic in regards to them.

Definitely no more love, but also no anger either....that takes too much energy.

Pics or it didn't happen.

People are just doing the best they can.

Even Hugh.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Even Hugh.
    I let you out of the dungeon and this is how you repay me?

Never! It's a sign of weakness!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Wait, are we talking about her or whoever fuct her? It makes a difference.

jgb@etree Guest
    Oh, damn. Reading comprehension fail. You haven't done something, it has been done by someone else. If it is what I think, serious vibes bro, but I've got no good advice other than to be true to yourself, and carefully consider what is best for your kids and yourself (Yeah, kids come first, but they aren't going to be happy if you aren't too). Do what you think is right. Personally, I don't know if that is something I would ever be able to get over. Give me a ring if your bummed and just need someone to vent to. I may not have answers, but I'll try to help you out however I can.

Keep your head up, dude.

i think if it's unforgivable you cant forgive it by definition. for a lawyer you sure dont understand words very well.

this place needs a random alias generator so we can get the facts here...