Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 29" AM Combos

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    SWEETFUCKINGJEEBUZJUSTPUTSOMEFUCKINGTIRESONYOURBIK EGODDAMNBIKEANDWEARTHEMOUTTHENBYTHEMAGAINORTRYSOME THINGFUCKINGELSE. itsreallynotthatbigadeal.fuck.
    Haven't heard of that one, I'll check into it. Do the cornering knobs need trimming?

To be clear, that was not directed at you.

But I've found a 17deg inner center knob bevel clip is the best for Enduro.

Still running the stock Ardent 2.4 up front Icon 2.2 in back on my 29 inch bike. really surprised how well it grips in the dry here.
    For me 29ers have mega corner traction compared to 26 inchers so you can give up some of that for better rolling. The Ardent corners harder than a minion dhf 60a or BBG on my 26 incher so I think a minion on a 29er would be overkill.

flowtron, such a bike shop bully.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Honestly loving my Ikon 2.35. great in everything except true mud....

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong View Post
    Still running the stock Ardent 2.4 up front Icon 2.2 in back on my 29 inch bike. really surprised how well it grips in the dry here.
    For me 29ers have mega corner traction compared to 26 inchers so you can give up some of that for better rolling. The Ardent corners harder than a minion dhf 60a or BBG on my 26 incher so I think a minion on a 29er would be overkill.
    Thanks Al, guess the 2.4 probably has a bit bigger cornering knobs then the 2.25. I'm a weight weenie and like to climb as much as I like to descend so I'll probably go that route. Heard a lot of good things about the Ikon. I'll have to try it out at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    Honestly loving my Ikon 2.35. great in everything except true mud....
    Just on the rear, or f/r?

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    SWEETFUCKINGJEEBUZJUSTPUTSOMEFUCKINGTIRESONYOURBIK EGODDAMNBIKEANDWEARTHEMOUTTHENBYTHEMAGAINORTRYSOME THINGFUCKINGELSE. itsreallynotthatbigadeal.fuck.
    This could apply pretty fkn well in ski/snowboard too...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

front and rear. Pretty big durable casing that smooths out the roots and rocks we have in stowe.

The side knobs and rubber compound let the tire be leaned over well, and the sticky compounds also makes them quite capable in wet roots and rocks(not a problem for you but still nice to know). In mud I vastly prefer my Beavers....but then again who would not, and there is never mud out there right ? :P

wow, just wow. rubber, it works. pump up rubber to desired pressure and learn to ride yer bike.

think less, ride more.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    wow, just wow. rubber, it works. pump up rubber to desired pressure and learn to ride yer bike.

think less, ride more.

rog
    This has already been covered f12 bro.

update on butcher/combo...it is the shit. Purg might be a little over the top for the rear, but I definitely find it useful while climbing teh tech that requires standing up on my massively long 24 inch chainstays

the 2.3 Butcher control is the best utah xamtrafr tire evar.
    bumps are for poor people

^^^^^^^multitasking this am, no time to read back, my bad. now on to firewood

rog

Has anyone ever tried reversing a Spesh Captain? It seems like if you cut off every other, or even all of the intermediate knobs, and turned the tire around so the side knobs don't point in that you actually might have something close to a BBG for a 29er. Ya know, like how Schwalbe tires look "backwards".
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.