Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    good for you....

I just started kayaking over the summer. It's really fun, but the community is definitely small. I also noticed that there are a lot more old people into this sport compared to other extreme sports.

I am into it. Whether it is lake, river, bay or ocean inlet, it is a fun thing to do with the Mrs. I just picked one of these up on sale from Brooklyn Kayaks. The color is a little whack, but it haas great reviews and the price is right. I think that this will be a great tool for rural/wilderness camping on Lake Powell and Jackson Lake

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.45.27 AM.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	347701
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Title of thread edited to be more specific.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I see lots of people with kayaks but they are mostly old people with rec boats some even have real sea kayaks

but the fringe wierdos in WW kayaks are still fringe wierdo's same as it ever was
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am into it. Whether it is lake, river, bay or ocean inlet, it is a fun thing to do with the Mrs. I just picked one of these up on sale from Brooklyn Kayaks. The color is a little whack, but it haas great reviews and the price is right. I think that this will be a great tool for rural/wilderness camping on Lake Powell and Jackson Lake

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.45.27 AM.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	347701
    Did that thing come with divorce papers?

Exactly. We will be ok, so long as I paddle, and she tells me where to go. I'm going into it knowing the she is Davy Jones, and I am Bootstrap Bill Turner. This is the only way to get her to camp at Rainbow Bridge, which is a bucket list item for me.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 11-13-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Lots of kayakers around here--like the man says the demographic tends to be older than SUPers. The most popular paddling sport here is SDP ing (sit down paddleboarding)--the water gets pretty choppy.

Quote Originally Posted by m70448 View Post
    очень интересно
    иди на хуй

Like telemark skiing, is squirtboating dead?

Squirt boating is way cooler than telemark, I got an old paddle bud in Castlegar who i'm pretty sure still squirts

the XXX was pretty slicey/ low volume but never Squirt worthy

The Clearwater has been attacked by the WW crowd for most of the last month. The way the water is coming up, only other week or so for the spring paddle season. More shuttle vehicles at the take-out than I can remember since I moved here in '08.

Great cameo in the Raven seasonal blog XXX-er. Reminds me to refresh my paraffin stock for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

the XXX was pretty slicey/ low volume but never Squirt worthy
    Yeah, I still paddle my Mr Clean and even with my added weight over the years, I think a true squirt boat would be a whole different animal. I keep my eyes peeled for one but no luck yet. Missed out on a few that didn’t fit.

back when boats were transitioning from FG to plastic there used to only be the one vehical at the takeout which usually meant no ride to hitch, so a bicycle shuttle

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    The Clearwater has been attacked by the WW crowd for most of the last month. The way the water is coming up, only other week or so for the spring paddle season. More shuttle vehicles at the take-out than I can remember since I moved here in '08.

Great cameo in the Raven seasonal blog XXX-er. Reminds me to refresh my paraffin stock for the season.
    we kinda talk about that stuff all the time, I really don't remember writing that artical, BUT the 2 best things you can do to save yerself money,

- When a zipper breaks it costs too much to fix so the suit is facked, all the metal zips break 5 " from the top/end because people try to get out with the zipper still partially closed , the zipper should be fully open OR fully closed at all times period, lube the piss zipper and try it out, a lot of them barely open IME

- your seals will last way longer if you buy a 32 oz jug of 303 and use it once a month

I been doing Ravens dry suits for 3 years now since i sold out to BIG RESCUE, I even wear the Raven logo'd clothing they gave me like a uniform cuz I kinda like the FN designs but as i pointed out to the ceo really its still like the girl wearing the excessive Flair in " Office Space "
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-09-2021 at 01:20 PM.