Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: REI="Return Every Item" is no more

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The Kaiser Soze of trolls.
    Solid reference.

Had no idea....I thought it stood for R-eally E-xpensive I-tems...

Had no idea....I thought it stood for R-eally E-xpensive I-tems...
    Sure? Everything is Expensive! unless it's a piece of shit, used/instore at 2 or more seasons old, or you're core enough for bro-deals / or a dentist.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

You think REI will take Blurred's garden hose back after his house burns down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Well, trolls can't be obvious any more, at least not around here, but old goat's post got me to thinking - is purposely being really boring and wrong a good way to launch a successful troll?
    No.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Could be some 400 pound guy lying in his bed.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that
    DD?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Not totally on point but REI members now get upgraded benefits including;
    -free shipping
    -20% off shop services
    -buy/sell used gear.

Not bad for not doing anything other than buying a $5 membership back in 1991.

Did they also just bump up the membership to $30 too?

The free shipping is a nice touch and the 20% off services is pretty explanatory.

Listing their used gear shop as a new benefit raises my eyebrow though. Rei.com/used has existed for a while and I swear you've been able to trade in gear prior to today. According to the Gear Junkie article, it sounds like the permanent garage sales are being absorbed into their used gear system branding? A rebrand isn't exactly a new benefit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    A rebrand isn't exactly a new benefit though.
    I see that you're not a marketing executive.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think they had some limited trade in on things like kids skis and bikes, but the garage sale has always been returned items, so it seems to be expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Not totally on point but REI members now get upgraded benefits including;
    -free shipping
    -20% off shop services
    -buy/sell used gear.

Not bad for not doing anything other than buying a $5 membership back in 1991.
    Sort've on topic for TGR - members also seem to get a free, overnight hot wax. On their skis.

Glad you clarified.

I read free machine wax, not hot wax. I'm guessing it's just done first-come first-serve without dropoff too. Machine wax takes all of 30 seconds.
    Free is good though.

Shipping was basically free before too (over some really low threshold) so not much of a change there.

free ship, no min is good for me. glad to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I read free machine wax, not hot wax. I'm guessing it's just done first-come first-serve without dropoff too. Machine wax takes all of 30 seconds.
    Free is good though.

Shipping was basically free before too (over some really low threshold) so not much of a change there.
    Yep. Did last week. Quick machine wax done while I was at the counter. While not a hot wax, was still nice, especially for free.

You're right, the used site has existed for a couple of years and they've had a program in place to buy back used gear. They didn't advertise the buy-back program all that much, seemed like a low key pilot project for a long time. I'd assume putting it front and center means they've got the kinks better sorted and its ready for wider adoption.