school me on some beta for Lake George, NY

what it says yo!

my Dad goes to americade (motorcycle rally) every year. but my Mom just broke her foot and they cant go. they already paid for 3 nights (and some stupid harley cruise on saturday), so, we're going.

-mountain biking (more single track than downhill)
    -beach/swimming/frisbee if its gonna be freakishly hot like this weekend
    -fishing
    -motorcycles (yes, I'm aware that it is a motorcycle rally and there will be a gajillion bikes there, and tons of riding events, but we're not riding there, so we can take our mountain bikes. BUT apparantly you can demo all kinds of bikes there from the different manufacturers, for a couple hours at a time) so we will ride.
    -eating good food
    -drinking beer

whatcha got? I already got a good breakfast place and a good street ride

My four year old just about poops his pants over Gooney golf
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I use this site for maps of areas that I'm unfamiliar with http://www.cnyhiking.com/

Some stuff here too http://www.bikerag.com/bike_trail_maps_text_NY.htm

And here http://www.singletracks.com/New-York...trails_33.html

Get to saratoga springs if you can..some riding there and nice place to eat some decent food and/or escape the jersey shore crowd in lake george
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Just grab the local rag from anywhere when u arrive... LG vacation guide or some shit. Has everything you're looking for.

BTW...what kind of queers show up to Americade without mc's??? Fluffers?

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    My four year old just about poops his pants over Gooney golf
    Hmmmm, we'd like to AVOID poopy-pants four year olds, so thanks. We will not go to Gooney golf.

thanks booner those sites will def help

I know, DICK, didnt I already say we were gonna be the queers going to Americade in a car?? Which is worse though, not bringing a MC, or trailering one up there? "Grab a tour guide" GEE thanks for the advice

Again, go to Saratoga. The town of Lake George is one of my least favorite places up there. A traffic filled horror show of obesity and, yeah, jersey shore types. Christ, there's fucking arcades. Add 10000 bikers, and, well.....
    There is no good food there.

Edit: There's a ton of spillover from Americade into Saratoga, so, you'll get the culture. I should know, I lived on Broadway. It was really fucking loud. And then Lake George is an easy highway drive, maybe twenty minutes. Do not drive drunk up there.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 06-01-2013 at 08:12 AM.

There's some really nice hiking, larger peaks, an hour up the road in Keene.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    There's some really nice hiking, larger peaks, an hour up the road in Keene.
    Black fly season right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Black fly season right now.
    Oh joy. Nevermind.

I haven't been to lake George since I was 14 I think...so don't know about beer joints (I didn't know you could even smoke beer....nevermind). We stayed at this place e called Canoe Island Lodge that had its own private island about 3 miles "offshore". From a young kid's standpoint it would have been fun...they had play forts and a great video arcade, etc...but from a 14 yr old's. perspective it was a little lame. They did have nice little cottages, though.
    Lake George has a real big antique powerboat scene
    ...antique wooden Chris Craft and Hackercraft by the dozens. Beautiful boats with silly amounts of varnish.

No visit to the Adirondacks is complete without a visit to the Enchanted Forest!!
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."