Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Canyons gets EPIC

Heads up Utards......VR is in the house.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

That's going to shake up the old beehive.

Ahhh yes another perfect shit-pile to match the VR portfolio.

Hope this somehow derails the ski link deal for you UT dudes.
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

^^^ I'd think it would accelerate that link shit
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Maybe they’ll bring in a few bulldozers and rid the Canyons of all those damn canyons….

doesn't surprise me all that much. Vail gets the mountain they want and free hand to run it, Talisker gets to hand off the day to day operations and focus on development.

Very cool they are being added to the epic pass though, thats a shitload of resorts for cheap.

“We look forward to building on that momentum and including Canyons in our industry-leading season pass products, which next season will offer guests access to Colorado, Tahoe and Utah on one season pass, a first in ski industry history,” Katz added.

“We will also leverage our guest database and domestic and international sales and marketing efforts to continue to drive Canyons' growth. Talisker has an outstanding track record of high-end resort development and we look forward to working together to create something truly extraordinary with Talisker's four million square feet of remaining approved residential and commercial density at Canyons.”

it is a lot of resorts plus a canyons pass just went from $849 to $689 for those interested but i'd be interested to learn what they plan on doing with the "four million square feet of remaining approved residential and commercial density"

I can't wait till VR comes for Snowbowl!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I can't wait till VR comes for Snowbowl!
    Don't laugh, Vail Resorts bought Afton Alps in MN last winter. ANYTHING could happen!
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

park city could be next on the hit list

I would change backin a second if it wasn't owned by Talisker

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    “We look forward to building on that momentum and including Canyons in our industry-leading season pass products, which next season will offer guests access to Colorado, Tahoe and Utah on one season pass, a first in ski industry history,” Katz added.

“We will also leverage our guest database and domestic and international sales and marketing efforts to continue to drive Canyons' growth. Talisker has an outstanding track record of high-end resort development and we look forward to working together to create something truly extraordinary with Talisker's four million square feet of remaining approved residential and commercial density at Canyons.”

it is a lot of resorts plus a canyons pass just went from $849 to $689 for those interested but i'd be interested to learn what they plan on doing with the "four million square feet of remaining approved residential and commercial density"
    This change would have saved me alot of money. It will be a game changer for the pricing and packaging of resorts locally. It really sucks that they had the forsight to do this and PCMR didn't. Please just buy out Talisker and I will name our next child Vail!!

They aren't going to Montucky. They are all about M&A with resorts near major population areas.

VR is gonna have Canyons switched over by November.

Will the curse of The Canyons continue...even with Vail at the helm?

I wonder whether there will be a significant change in the work force?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Epic + Mountain Collective = buy a good car and follow the snow.

Cheaper passes are gonna make it a bro-brah clusterfuck in the Slackcountry, not that it wasn't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Cheaper passes are gonna make it a bro-brah clusterfuck in the Slackcountry, not that it wasn't already.
    haha, just wait until all the Summit County bro brahs start making road trips to the other Summit County (CANYONS)!!!!

oh, and remember it's just Canyons now. The THE got chopped.

Question for the Utards? Does Canyons run the lifts for bikes? I know PC has some sweet riding.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    haha, just wait until all the Summit County bro brahs start making road trips to the other Summit County (CANYONS)!!!!
    My only hope now is either:

1. All-out season pass pricing war (which is long overdo for UT)

2. Caahhnyyuuunns buys out PCMR and/or Soli.

Edit: RE; HBM bike question. I'm mostly in VT during summers So i'm not the best to comment but ... Canyons is getting mostly good reviews for building up trails and taking the lead with a bike park for the PC/SL:C area
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 05-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    get paid

Optimistic: "The lease has an initial term of 50 years with six 50-year renewal options." Or is this how long it will take to develop 4,000,000 sqft at the Canyons?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Optimistic: "The lease has an initial term of 50 years with six 50-year renewal options." Or is this how long it will take to develop 4,000,000 sqft at the Canyons?
    c) however long it takes this version of the ski resort real estate roll up to go tits up. like ASC, Intrawest, and every other one has.

I want to know how Vail is planning on making money given how difficult (damnnearimpossible) it is to turn a profit running a ski resort. It almost Seems Talisker should be paying Vail to run the ski area, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    c) however long it takes this version of the ski resort real estate roll up to go tits up. like ASC, Intrawest, and every other one has.
    I use to play the "wait em out" game. I'm getting to old for that shit nowadays
    get paid

I want to know how Vail is planning on making money given how difficult (damnnearimpossible) it is to turn a profit running a ski resort. It almost Seems Talisker should be paying Vail to run the ski area, not vice versa.

Read the small print, VR has some development in the deal as well.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

VR is moving toward revenue from Season Pass sales. They have a crazy goal set for number of passes they want to sell. Their thinking is from a larger viewpoint, in the sense that they would like tourists to be buying season passes which would then lock them into a winter vacation.

And again, the reason for purchasing the MN/MI resorts is because they want those skiers to buy an Epic Pass and, eventually, buy some property in Tahoe/Utah/Colorado.

The VR Machine is in full-throttle right now. Look for them to buy up some more Midwest resorts over the next couple of years. They are getting pretty fucking good at taking over and switching all of their infrastructure to VR systems & policies.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    VR is moving toward revenue from Season Pass sales. They have a crazy goal set for number of passes they want to sell. Their thinking is from a larger viewpoint, in the sense that they would like tourists to be buying season passes which would then lock them into a winter vacation.

And again, the reason for purchasing the MN/MI resorts is because they want those skiers to buy an Epic Pass and, eventually, buy some property in Tahoe/Utah/Colorado.
    They added some days in St. Anton, Austria to the epic pass this month as well:
    http://news.vailresorts.com/corporat...s+now+epic.htm
    and there's "free" skiing in Las Lenas if you stay at the overpriced hotels there as well with the Epic.

Are there that many people interested in the crowded epic pass weekend experience?