Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Sweet bar. Definetly will visit my next trip to SLC.

Keep and monitor daily sales and inventory. If you review this stuff daily you'll realize when sales drop off when certain staff is on or inventory is used up. One pretty cool policy a bar had that I did a calculation for was they allowed their staff to comp anyone a drink, food etc, they just had to put it into the system, they pretty much never questioned the comps entered in. But if they caught someone not entering a drink or food in, they were fired on the first offense. Owners said it was a very successful policy.

Empowered and happy employees are less likely to steal than those who feel it is them vs management.
    Compin drinks is a bozo no no here in the land of fucked up liqour laws but rock that spill sheet and flavoring bottles hard.
    Congrats I can only imagine the hurdles props to you moe and hutch. (he's the man)
    do i need a tippy sippy card and a name tag to guest bartend a night?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Wow....sick man. What an accomplishment, especially doing the renovation yourself.

Took a look at your pics when linked in another thread a while back. Awesome work.

What does this mean to the Ogden rating system?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    So very cool. Will definitely stop by next time I am in town. Congratulations on seeing your hard work pay off.

You probably know this, but since you mention you have never worked in a bar thought I should mention it. Employee theft is more rampant in bars than any other industry-run as tight a ship as you can.
    TOTALLY agree here...2 words...VIDEO CAMERAS......and put them EVERYWHERE!!!!

meatdrink==killing it. makes me feel like even more of a slacker than I really am.

Awesome work.

What does "100% of all profits will be reinvested in the further restoration of downtown ogden" mean? This BS you have to do in order to open a bar in utah?
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

I dont see any whores.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    Awesome work.

What does "100% of all profits will be reinvested in the further restoration of downtown ogden" mean? This BS you have to do in order to open a bar in utah?
    This is the BS you do to open ANOTHER bar in Ogden.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    This is the BS you do to open ANOTHER bar in Ogden.
    Got it, pay the contract company you own millions of dollars to build a dive bar...or plant a couple trees.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Thanks for all the input and info.

Yes, we have cameras everywhere and yes most are pointed at bartenders and registers. I can even view them on my phone. My job is to get the place up and running and then pass the torch to MOE to run while I tackle other new ventures. So far it's been a huge learning process.

We have a really great staff. I wish we could comp drinks, but Utah won't allow us to. Pretty crazy. Their measuring system is a pain in the ass too, but it actually makes it really easy to monitor supply/sales and make sure everything is on the up and up.

We played with a loophole in the Utah law and made a menu of 20 drinks that are all 2.5 oz pours of liquor. You're allowed 1.5 oz in the primary pour, but can pour an additional ounce if it's from a bottle labeled "flavoring" and isn't the same as the primary liquor. So far it's been really well received. People are generally blown away by really strong drinks in Utah.

The profit reinvestment is pretty simple. We own the building so we pay ourselves a market lease rate to use the space and then the rest of the proceeds go to buying and restoring more property in Ogden. We will own that property and that property will bring us additional income... so it's still ours, but improves the city/local economy... our history of community investment/restoration is one of the main reasons we got the liquor license so quickly (in terms of Utah wait times). The bar is just one component to an overall larger project/goal of restoring downtown.

skifishbum, yeah, tips card and name tags are mandatory in the state.

Looks awesome: nice work! I'll try to stop by whenever I make my first trip to SLC.

Interesting history. Park City I get; Whoda thunk Ogden was a den of iniquity until the 1950s

Again, well done MD. Some marketing ideas for your consideration or at least amusement:
    -a couple of rooms in the back for ladies to indulge their hooker fantasies?
    - a drink called The Hooker and Blow in honor of the building's history?
    - a maggot inspired libation - Change for a nickel? FKNA? Training for AK?

Cool! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Interesting history. Park City I get; Whoda thunk Ogden was a den of iniquity until the 1950s
    Ogden wasn't settled by mormons, it was originally a fur trapping outpost (Fort Buenaventura) and later a railroad town.

Nice work J, we'll be up to sample these strong drinks one of these days.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Congrats d00d!
    Regarding Ogden, historically it was the rail hub where lots of non locals set up businesses, bought houses, etc. It's always been a den of iniquity and overlooked by the state authorities, rife with opium dens, whore houses and counter culture.

Currently it's the one of best urban ski setting you can find and the dumb part is how few folks have figured it out. Hopefully people will realize how smart a tram from Ogden up to Snowbasin would be and put the damn thing in: environmental win and economic win.

Anyway, I'm still stumping for a bad chemistry night.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

FKNA meat, you are one of the people that can really amaze me.
    A bar in UT. I would have never thought.
    congrats on this place!
    if I ever head that far east and am anywhere near with a car. Im in for around $100.

Can I get a hallelujah! Congrats,fortune favors the persistant.
    Calmer than you dude