FS: 2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport

Autotrader ad here: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=346327557
    TGR Price: $20,000

ONLY 69,000 miles on it

2007 Dark Mica Grey colored Toyota 4Runner Sport/ 4.0 Liter V6/ 4Wheel ABS/ 4 Wheel Drive/ Traction Control (w/ limited slip lockout) / Stability Control/ Hill Descent Control/ Hill Start Assist/ Descent Control/ Power Steer & Brakes/ Tilt/ Intermittent Wipers/ Automatic Transmission/ Tow Package/ Reciever Hitch/ Dual Air Bags/ Luggage Rack/ Moon Roof/ Falken Rocky Mountain All Terrain tires (new within last 12 months)/ CD Player/ MP3 outlet/ KBB value is at $21,449. Bought it used in fall 2010 from dealer. Replaced air filter, front brakes/ rotors / calipers within last 7 days. Just had a full detail done on interior and exterior. Best vehicle I have ever owned- and it shows. Very clean inside and out. 21 mpg hwy/ 17 mpg city. If you have done your research, you know that these will easily eclipse 350k miles in their lifespan. At only 69,000 miles, it has a lot of trouble free miles left in it. Only selling due to purchase of new house.

Love this vehicle, but just bought a house and it has to go. Perfect shape, apart from 1 small ding in rear bumper from trailer.
    PM me with Q's

Thanks and happy day!
    Last edited by mn_teleskier; 06-14-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

We have the exact same truck made in 2003 with 168k miles (sport same options except no mp3 outlet). The only thing it needed between 68k and 168k was new front drive axles, an a/c relay, serpentine belt tensioner, and new front calipers/rotors.

Great truck.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We have the exact same truck made in 2003 with 168k miles (sport same options except no mp3 outlet). The only thing it needed between 68k and 168k was new front drive axles, an a/c relay, serpentine belt tensioner, and new front calipers/rotors.

Great truck.
    Yup- sad to see it go. Best built vehicle I have ever owned. Looking at getting an older one or a Taco to replace it

I'll echo the 4th gen 4runner props... driving a 2004 and loving every second of it. Minimal maintenance... Super solid with 130k on mine. Actually looking to upgrade in the next 2 years to a 2008/9... probably not even go with a 5th gen.

Free Bump - I'll test drive it for any mags out there!! (being in mn and all)

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleskier View Post
    Yup- sad to see it go. Best built vehicle I have ever owned. Looking at getting an older one or a Taco to replace it
    A Taco with two kids? Be honest... I see a mini-van in your future.

Swede's a good guy, and takes alot of pride in that truck. He usually hugs it good-bye when we're headed out on to the hill.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post

Swede's a good guy, and takes alot of pride in that truck. He usually hugs it good-bye when we're headed out on to the hill.
    Thanks for the bump- Taco would be of the double cab variety only~ essentially a 4Runner with a bed instead of an enclosed rear.

Need to get the gang out for a beer this spring.

Wanna drive it out to CO? I'd seriously consider trading you for my 4 door 2008 Taco (also 68k)

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    Wanna drive it out to CO? I'd seriously consider trading you for my 4 door 2008 Taco (also 68k)
    I would seriously consider a swap if I didn't need to get rid of a monthly payment. We are trying to get rid of a monthly car payment with the purchase of a new house. If you sell your Taco and are intersted in the 4Runner, we could probably work something out to get it in your hands. We live 15 min from MSP airport and could split the cost of an airline ticket to get you here from CO. I have done this 2x before- sold my 76 built Landcruider to a guy from TX and my built TJ to a couple from IL. PM me and we can talk more if interested.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleskier View Post
    Thanks for the bump- Taco would be of the double cab variety only~ essentially a 4Runner with a bed instead of an enclosed rear.
    FWIW, Mrs. C. used to have a double cab Tacoma (2005 model, so same one as current body style), and I still have my '08 4Runner -- size-wise, the Tacoma back seat feels slightly roomier than the 4Runner back seat. Two kids fit just fine back there.

Compared to the 4Runner, the Tacoma had more wind noise, cheaper materials on the interior, better (more bolstered) front seats, better headroom up front (my 4R has a sunroof though, so that eats up some room), better base stereo (replaced both of them anyway with aftermarket), standard external automatic transmission cooler (4R only gets one with the V8, otherwise only has the in-the-radiator cooler), rear drum brakes (4R has rear discs), beefier rear axle, more-basic 4WD system (part-time transfer case vs. fulltime switchable on 4R; 4R also has electronic stability control & Toyota's ATRAC traction system), worse headlights (projectors on the 4R), two 12V outlets up front (4R has one up front, one in cargo area), and better storage under the rear seat (4R has essentially none; Tacoma has compartments underneath and behind the rear seat). They're fairly comparable in ride and drive, as the drivetrains are basically identical. Tacoma has weak rear springs, but I think they may have been improved over the years of production of the 2nd gen -- low carrying capacity for a pickup truck, but the soft springs give it a smooth ride for a truck.

Mrs. C.'s Tacoma was the TRD version, which had an electronic rear locking differential, which was only available on the 2009 "trail" version of the 4th gen 4Runner, but IIRC, was optional on all 2nd gen Tacomas. It's a nice feature for offroad. It also had a 110V outlet in the bed as part of some package, but we rarely used it.

Also, all 4Runners are built in Japan; I think all 2nd gen Tacomas sold in the U.S. are built in the U.S. My 4Runner has been the best-built vehicle I've ever owned, and there have been a lot of them. No issues at all, except for a HVAC blower motor that got squeaky and was replaced under warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Decided to put new front brakes / rotors and air filter on this weekend, as their lifespan was coming to a near end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0354.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	138744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0343.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	138745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0347.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	138746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0351.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	138753
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0344.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	138747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0345.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	138748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0355.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	138749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0346.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	138750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0284.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	138751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0348.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	138752
    Last edited by mn_teleskier; 06-14-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Good price for a very solid vehicle. Just picked up an 08 sport recently and absolutely love it. Good luck with the sale

Might want to list it here too:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Does the rear seat lay flat (for a sleeping platform in bed)?
    Horsepower?

Seats fold completely flat. Huge cargo area. V6 is 245 hp and 282 lbs of torque. Doesn't feel powerful but has enough grunt to get it moving and tow stuff around. V6 has a chain so no timing bekt to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Does the rear seat lay flat (for a sleeping platform in bed)?
    Horsepower?
    Rear Seats do lay flat. You can also seperate them 60/40 and lay only one side down if needed.

Horsepower is more than ample. Much bettertowing power and acceleration than V6 Jeep Cherokee.

Balance of 7yr/100k warranty still applies.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers.

thanks compadre'

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Might want to list it here too:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/

to the top

offers?

out of towners- i can help with your flight here. pm me.

Free bump for a sick ride! C'mon somebody get on this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Free bump for a sick ride! C'mon somebody get on this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    Still available. PM for best response.

Willing to work with out of towners, etc

cheers

s