Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32
    wow. $250 to attend a birthday party and it's not going to charity??? Not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas View Post
    wow. $250 to attend a birthday party and it's not going to charity??? Not surprised.
    It's a political fundraiser.
    Legal bribery--American "democracy" at its finest.

Andy Wirth retires

A changing of the guard.

What will it mean for Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows?

Andy Wirth – Impact on Squaw Valley USA Leaves Lasting Impression

I don't know what the future will be, but over the past several years I just feel dirty thinking about the whole thing.

Squawpine is just a thing I have to get past to ski Homewood - Doubt we ever recover
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Squaw Valley Legend Andy Wirth Announces Retirement

"We are honored to have been graced with his presence, he was a true leader who encouraged initiative and cultivated teamwork with outstanding entrepreneurial flair. He was a great influencer and listener who operated in integrity with everything that he said and did. Andy has succeeded in planting seeds of greatness within everyone he came into contact with. Not only is the company a better place because of his influence, but the employees are better people."

Click to read the whole article

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofSV View Post
    "We are honored to have been graced with his presence, he was a true leader who encouraged initiative and cultivated teamwork with outstanding entrepreneurial flair. He was a great influencer and listener who operated in integrity with everything that he said and did. Andy has succeeded in planting seeds of greatness within everyone he came into contact with. Not only is the company a better place because of his influence, but the employees are better people."

Click to read the whole article
    Harry?
    Quebec News Tribune?

wtf

That is the greatest fake article I’ve read in years!

My favorite...”In October 2013, Wirth lost his right arm in a skydiving accident. He skilfully reduced the blood flow until medical assistance arrived and he was taken to the Davis trauma center. His arm was surgically reattached and he underwent 23 operations. Andy returned to work within 50 days.”

Well done!

Pretty typical for a private equity leadership change. Wait about a year and quietly retire the previous leader. Be assured he got paid.

Looks like Squaw and the Sierra Club have agreed to move the gondola away from the wilderness. Sierra Watch might still have something to say about that.
    https://www.sierrasun.com/news/envir...ndola-project/
    Alternative 4 looks good to me.
    https://www.sierrawatch.org/squaw-al...acts-released/
    Stays away from Estelle and Bernie's and from West Face. Notice the KT South lift on the map. Is Squaw planning to finish that for Caldwell, open to public?

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    That is the greatest fake article I’ve read in years!

My favorite...”In October 2013, Wirth lost his right arm in a skydiving accident. He skilfully reduced the blood flow until medical assistance arrived and he was taken to the Davis trauma center. His arm was surgically reattached and he underwent 23 operations. Andy returned to work within 50 days.”

Well done!
    Tourniquet?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Looks like Squaw and the Sierra Club have agreed to move the gondola away from the wilderness. Sierra Watch might still have something to say about that.
    https://www.sierrasun.com/news/envir...ndola-project/
    Alternative 4 looks good to me.
    https://www.sierrawatch.org/squaw-al...acts-released/
    Stays away from Estelle and Bernie's and from West Face. Notice the KT South lift on the map. Is Squaw planning to finish that for Caldwell, open to public?

Tourniquet?
    Observation 1
    The fucking environmental groups have put us in a place here any development will come through a giant corporation with deep pockets. It's not a good thing.

2 They should just extend the funi over the hill to alpine.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~