Thread: On3p Wrenagde?

On3p Wrenagde?

Looking for an all mountain / side country ski I'm. 6'4 and weigh 220 and a pretty aggressive skier would these suit?
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Yes.....

^this........^

They're great daily drivers. Love 'em.

Thanks chaps, as I live the uk it's harder to make decision sometimes but these seem like the perfect ticket for me.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

I know im one of few but the Wrens were my least favorite ski ive tried. I sold mine after 4 days. They construction was amazing, I just felt like they were ok at everything and there float was poor for such a big ski.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    Looking for an all mountain / side country ski I'm. 6'4 and weigh 220 and a pretty aggressive skier would these suit?
    YES. the 191's And I do not think there are allot of other skis out there that would do as well as an all mountain Slayer for a guy your size.

Bro 192 maybe. But no near as accessible as the ON3P
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I never cared much for them in pow. too much camber and stiff for me, but everything else - especially if you want to go fast - is dandy.

Caylors for pow when you need float.

Fantastic daily charger for places that get 300-400 in a year. They like the fall line, and don't run timid. Like Oftpiste said, there are better skis for powders, but the wrens do decent enough and slay everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by deeppo View Post
    I know im one of few but the Wrens were my least favorite ski ive tried. I sold mine after 4 days. They construction was amazing, I just felt like they were ok at everything and there float was poor for such a big ski.
    I will have some dedicated pow skis at some point but in the last four years of skiing in Europe Ive only had one day that was over waist deep. Even on the knee deep days ive still coped on GS skis.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I never cared much for them in pow. too much camber and stiff for me, but everything else - especially if you want to go fast - is dandy.

Caylors for pow when you need float.
    Thanks thats pretty much the aim for them esp as they will see a fair few scottish trips.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Fantastic daily charger for places that get 300-400 in a year. They like the fall line, and don't run timid. Like Oftpiste said, there are better skis for powders, but the wrens do decent enough and slay everything else.
    Pretty much sums up my exp in Europe, Ive had just over 30 days this year with about 7 of them pow and it only being about knee / boot deep. I cant justify a full powder weapon if im flying as i can take two sets of skis with me max and I like to have my carving skis too.

I will have some dedicated pow skis at some point but in the last four years of skiing in Europe Ive only had one day that was over waist deep. Even on the knee deep days ive still coped on GS skis.
    Given this statement, you are really going to like the Wrengade's
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Wrens carve great. Leave your carving skis at home and take caylors and wrens. That's been pretty much my flying quiver for the western US for several years. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Wrens are great skis. They will punish you if you don't drive them hard. I personally prefer the BG, but the Wrens make a great DD.

Echo what everyone else has said, I have a pair of extra stiff 181's and at my size (5'8" 140 with gear on) they're a bit of ski. Super fun in variable, at speed, eat crud etc. They do what I expect and do it very well.

One day I shall stop faffing and make my mind up but has anyone compared these with the Praxis GPO? Esp flex wise as I know Praxis rate the medium stiff GPO at around 7.5 on their levels. I have to bear in mind stiff to me is a full metal word cup GS with a solid metal race plate under the binding.

One day I shall stop faffing and make my mind up but has anyone compared these with the Praxis GPO? Esp flex wise as I know Praxis rate the medium stiff GPO at around 7.5 on their levels. I have to bear in mind stiff to me is a full metal word cup GS with a solid metal race plate under the binding.
    According to others, the 'med-stiff' GPO is softer than the Billy Goat. The Wren is stiffer than the Billy Goat. Thus, the standard Wren is probably on par, or stiffer than a 'stiff' GPO, and definitely stiffer than a 'med-stiff' GPO.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 05-21-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    According to others, the 'med-stiff' GPO is softer than the Billy Goat. The Wren is stiffer than the Billy Goat. Thus, the standard Wren is probably on par, or stiffer than a 'stiff' GPO, and definitely stiffer than a 'med-stiff' GPO.
    Thanks that helps a lot, might just stick with whats been suggested and have a Wren / Caylor quiver, why have one set of skis when you can have two.