Any "Carnivale" viewers in here?

Hawkins had to save Jonzie's life, and in the process healed his bum knee. He danced around in exaltation. I'm not quite there yet, but that's how I'll feel when I'm able to get back on skis.
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

You people don't know what you're missing .

Ben vs. Brother Justin this weekend in the battle royale. Carnies versus Christians! Woot! Woot!
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Yeah, STu Gotz, that's what I'm talkin' about

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz
    Ben vs. Brother Justin this weekend in the battle royale. Carnies versus Christians! Woot! Woot!
    Hmmm...I think you need to pay closer attention as to who the Christians really are.

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    Hmmm...I think you need to pay closer attention as to who the Christians really are.
    O.K Carnies vs. "Christians". Now, what is the "truth"?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Babar
    O.K Carnies vs. "Christians". Now, what is the "truth"?
    Well after last night it should be clear that the carnies are the christians.

Yeah, huh. Good episode. I need some real life faith healing to ungimp my ass. Got a short list of people I'd like to sacrifice for that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Babar
    Yeah, huh. Good episode. I need some real life faith healing to ungimp my ass. Got a short list of people I'd like to sacrifice for that, too.
    Arnie,

I gotta disagree on the "goodness" of the episode. Two seasons of original writing and they end the story like a wet noodle. The world is hanging in the balance and you get a weak ass donnybrook. And you can't kill Jonesy off (although you could see that one coming).

Now what did Lodz mean when he wrote (through Ruthie) that Sophie is the Omega. It seems to be be established that she is a Child of Darkness (like Ben-through Scudder), so why is she evil? The potential is there that she is carrying Ben's child. So is she a combination of both good/evil? Does she control the power of both Ben and Justin?

Too many questions left unanswered. Hopefully there will be another season.

The carnies are humanists observing common moral decencies without defering to a specific dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz
    The carnies are humanists observing common moral decencies without defering to a specific dogma.
    Doubtful. The subtle and not so subtle symbolism associated with Ben as a Jesus figure should be alleviating any such notions. Did you catch the scarecrow on the cross? Wait until word of what he can do spreads in the next season.

Ruthie is up for grabs, I think there willbe a battle over her "soul" in the enxt season. As for a season 3, HBO announced the last epsiode only as the season finale, and the door has been left far too open to call it quits. This and Deadwood are by far the two best shows HBO has ever put together.

Carnivale ROCKS!!!! Have you joined the hbo forum the more members the more unlikely they are to cancel it??! Let's make a lot of noise so that HBO doesn't kill one of their best shows!
    Also best Carnivale forum on Rotten Tomatoes the fans there have some really great theories! Here's the link http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/s...=386545&page=6
    Life should not be a journey to the Grave With the intention of arriving
    In an attractive and well preserved body But to skid in sideways,
    Champagne in one hand, Strawberries in the other,
    Body thoroughly used up,Totally worn out and screaming
    WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!