Ice Climbing Trip

I am getting mad about this ice climbing. Itís a complete mass of freakiness and I just love it. To get a start I would like to join for some fast track ice climbing course in Alberta. I got a recommendation with this Mountain Skills Academy. I think this will work for me and a 5 member gang. Can you share some tips on climbing?

Ice climbing is super easy. You should just get the gear and solo a lot.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Climb, climb, climb, climb, climb.

I just started ice last season, other then a little here and there. It is a great option to mix up with skiing. Rest days are no ice days when conditions allow.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

https://www.facebook.com/icounthighschool

an ice climbing tower being built on a 1st nations reserve in northern BC
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

sounds interesting.... but seems a bit difficult for people who were doing this first time..
    Last edited by avacairnduff; 10-16-2014 at 11:29 PM.

I don't ice climb and I am not entirely sure what they have in mind but I imagine there will be some commercial app and I think it will be another cool draw to the area, the hankin evelyn backcountry ski area is < one hr away, Hudsons bay mtn in Smithers is close and so is Shames further out west in terrace ...more reasons for people to hang out in this area and recreate
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

ICE CLIMBING TRIP! Such a brilliant idea for outdoor adventure lovers! I never experience ice climbing but I can imagine; it must be amazing. Here I would like to know about the attractions for ice climbing around the world. So guys let me know your views about it. I am curious to know.

My opinion is that one of the companies hasnīt updated their price, since -20.000Isk. is rather a low price.

Both these tours are more hiking than climbing, and are arranged as, easy, with no experience needed".

And more than half the day is traveling in a vehicle, unless you show up on place yourself, then you would feasibly get the tour contemptible. You can get there yourself with all transportations.

I think the Ouray Ice Park is the place to start, using a guide. Once it opens next year, of course. Guide will provide the equipment you need, and they will rope you up, so you are safe.

Iím thinking strongly about doing it next year.

What is going on here, its june 14th

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    What is going on here, its june 14th
    You mean patch skiing season? And plenty of ice to be climbed in the big mountains.

Ice Climbing Trip

maybe, but this thread is still a bot party
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Thanks for the information

Awesome

Sounds awesome! Thanks