Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May Day protest

May Day protest

This Seattle one is hilarious, the news guys are getting flash banged and peppered on king 5

Here's a link

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/3.0/video/us/2013/05/02/vo-wa-seattle-may-day-protest.king/index.xml?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2013/05/02/vo-wa-seattle-may-day-protest.king
    Last edited by AK47bp; 05-02-2013 at 10:39 AM.

I sure am tired of these "anarchist" losers. What a bunch of cowardly morons.

I've never been a fan of the police and like to stick it to "the man" when I can, but when I see the cops pepper spraying and flash-bombing these idiots it makes me want to cheer.

I'd like to organize an "anti-anarchist" rally next year so that when these dipshits crawl up out of their holes we could hogtie them and toss 'em in Elliot Bay.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I was downtown last night and was more freaked out because they locked the mall parking garage that my car was in than I was afraid of this "event" despite cops crawling all over the place. (One door turned out to be open under the supervision of a security guard.)

With all the problems in the world, you'd think they could do something more productive than breaking storefront windows and throw rocks at the cops and desperately attempt to be visibly beaten on youtube. Pretty soon they will be beaten by annoyed civilians who are tired of their tax dollars being wasted on police overtime before the cops even get a chance! The whole thing is so juvenile.... real radicals make real change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    With all the problems in the world, you'd think they could do something more productive than breaking storefront windows and throw rocks at the cops and desperately attempt to be visibly beaten on youtube.
    I always found it funny when they taunt the cops like that, verbally and physically, but then scream "police brutality" when the cops finally take action.

All I want to know is where was Phoenix Jones and the Rain City Superheroes during all this?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

Batman wouldn't of stood for this in Gotham.

While the stuff on Capitol Hill last night was extremely fucking lame petty vandalism and has nothing to do with legitimate protest or even illegitimate protest.

It would be a huge mistake to not recall how really, really, bad the SPD are dealing with this stuff, or any stuff.

Just as a for instance Pugel the interim chief who has been very critical of rcent FBI probe which found a SPD culture of violence was also in charge of the preparation for WTO. I was at a meeting he chaired for downtown businesses back then and watched him pat himself on the back about the preparedness and work with demonstrating groups that would guarantee a peaceful celebration of Seattle on the world stage.

He's also the guy who recently purchased police drones and insisted he was going to use them until the mayor made him send them back.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 05-02-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Mission Accomplished! Another May DAy safely come and gone with no discussion of social justice, income inequality and the role of big capital in fomenting world wide misery.

Look it! Sparkles!

Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    Mission Accomplished! Another May DAy safely come and gone with no discussion of social justice, income inequality and the role of big capital in fomenting world wide misery.
    You can thank the "anarchists" for that.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

Fuck em.

Nuke from orbit. Behead the remains, if any.
    I still call it The Jake.

PNWBrit - after watching the video of the cop shooting the Indian woodcarver dude I lost all respect for the SPD.

Still, if I gotta cheer for one group of thugs or the other, it'll be for the ones who are at least preventing further senseless, childish acts at that particular moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    P
    Still, if I gotta cheer for one group of thugs or the other,
    You could cheer for neither... you don't have to have a dog in the fight.

I know. But I like watching self absorbed, clueless assholes get pepper sprayed.

I found myself in a quandary. When some hipster anarchist wannabe got popped by a flash bang or a billy club I got a deep chuckle inside and a warm feeling. But when the protesters were fucking with the news reporters and camera men on live tv I felt the exact same way. It was a great live reality tv show from about 7:30 - 9:00pm time, full of laughs. Can't wait for next season.

as noted above, the event was perfectly timed to capture a prime time tv audience but allow the hipsters to get home in time for modern family.
    winning the first world problems one episode at a time!
    bF

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I found myself in a quandary. When some hipster anarchist wannabe got popped by a flash bang or a billy club I got a deep chuckle inside and a warm feeling. But when the protesters were fucking with the news reporters and camera men on live tv I felt the exact same way. It was a great live reality tv show from about 7:30 - 9:00pm time, full of laughs. Can't wait for next season.
    I had a similar reaction.
    The press heckling was entertaining.

Yeah, SPD, not a very good record.
    All things considered, from what one could see on the t00b, what should they have done differently?
    Seems to me it was an improvement from past disturbances.
    They have to start somewhere, right?

I know. But I like watching self absorbed, clueless assholes get pepper sprayed.
    This from a union man. WTF?

ETA: Here's a history of your self-absorbed clueless IBEW brethren fighting for decent wages: IBEW History: 1891-1920 IBEW vs. The Corporations

ETA2: IBEW Local 46 (Seattle): May Day: The Labor Day:
    As workers, we must recognize and commemorate May Day not only for its historical significance, but also as a time to organize around issues of vital importance to the working-class, i.e. the people, of today.
    Last edited by Big Steve; 05-02-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Still, if I gotta cheer for one group of thugs or the other, it'll be for the ones who are at least preventing further senseless, childish acts at that particular moment.
    So that means you are cheering for the protesters? I never got the attitude of SPD, it was ... unique. Only city I've ever been harassed for jaywalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Only city I've ever been harassed for jaywalking.
    No fooling...
    One time we were in this coffee house on Cap hill, this guy runs across the street, and in the door, gets a coffee and a pastry and sits down with his paper.
    About 60 seconds later, two bike cops walk in, one asks the other what he wants and gets in line to order, the other sits down with the J-walker d00d and writes him a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    They have to start somewhere, right?
    The only way they have to go is up?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    as noted above, the event was perfectly timed to capture a prime time tv audience but allow the hipsters to get home in time for modern family.
    winning the first world problems one episode at a time!
    bF
    Next season I hope they get Jesse Jones out there crackin hipster skulls. And that hot weather chick from Fox to hit the streets too mm mm. All star cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post

ETA: Here's a history of your self-absorbed clueless IBEW brethren fighting for decent wages: IBEW History: 1891-1920 IBEW vs. The Corporations

ETA2: IBEW Local 46 (Seattle): May Day: The Labor Day:
    When I attended an ultra political hippie college I quickly learned the difference between a protester who is genuinely committed to positive world change and someone who is just desperate for attention.

Wow, a union man with independent thinking. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Next season I hope they get Jesse Jones out there crackin hipster skulls. And that hot weather chick from Fox to hit the streets too mm mm. All star cast.
    i know, let's make this some must see tv. komo morning show has 2 fabulous looking union reporters.
    get those ladies running around as 5-0 hunts down the eugene anarchy tribe
    plenty of camera angles to choose from.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    When I attended an ultra political hippie college I quickly learned the difference between a protester who is genuinely committed to positive world change and someone who is just desperate for attention.
    I remember hearing such palaver when people were protesting segregation and the Viet Nam war. So, are you certain that each of those protesters was motivated by nothing more than a desire for attention? Are you certain that not one of them was motivated by their perception of undue concentration of wealth and power into fewer and fewer hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    I remember hearing such palaver when people were protesting segregation and the Viet Nam war. So, are you certain that each of those protesters was motivated by nothing more than a desire for attention? Are you certain that not one of them was motivated by their perception of undue concentration of wealth and power into fewer and fewer hands?
    Yeah, because smashing windows, taking dumps on cop cars, lighting random things on fire, and acting the fool in general is how you REALLY achieve true change.