Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Seriously thinking about an upgrade.

Is a Springfree really that much safer than a "pro" tramp like say an ACON? Enough to be worth double the money in some cases? The YouTube tramp pros say not really. Some of them are younger than my dog, but they get pretty rad, so they're not completely clueless.

Is rectangular worth the extra scratch?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post

Is a Springfree really that much safer than a "pro" tramp like say an ACON? Enough to be worth double the money in some cases? The YouTube tramp pros say not really. Some of them are younger than my dog, but they get pretty rad, so they're not completely clueless.

Same questions. Tramp is in the spring budget. Dantheman, you still diggin the ACON?

Can't speak for the ACON as I have a large square Springfree. Seems it's about the same price as the ACON. I have 5 kids and at least 1 is using it daily. My kids are now 9-19yo but we've had it for 8 years. No issues and still bounces the same. My kids never got into backies or big tricks on it, though. High quality and well made. They came and did set up. If you buy a "demo" they usually knock a few hundred off and you can usually get them to throw in the basketball hoop or ladder for free. If you buy it when your kids are young so you know you'll be using it for awhile, I think it's worth investing in a good one. I thought the price was crazy when we bought it, but we've gotten tons of use out of it and it will last another 5+ years for us.

Well, shit. Since I was looking yesterday, every Acon trampoline is sold out except the rectangle. I was gonna pull the trigger on a 15' round and keep the cost reasonable. That big square Springfree is badass, but fuck it's pricey.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Well, shit. Since I was looking yesterday, every Acon trampoline is sold out except the rectangle. I was gonna pull the trigger on a 15' round and keep the cost reasonable. That big square Springfree is badass, but fuck it's pricey.
    We've been happy with the 15ft Zupapa we bought on Amazon a few years ago, might be worth checking out.

I'd say no to spring-free being meaningfully safer. Yes to the rectangular question. Still loving our ACON. The bounce is so consistent no matter where you are on it.

A Trampoline is really an inspiration when you think about it. Otherwise rational adults: "here boys at the height of your stupidity, knock yourselves out. Really. Don't come back unless somebody is motionless,"

Welp... bought a Skywalker 10x17ft rectangular, lol.

Did you save enough to cover your deductible?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Welp... bought a Skywalker 10x17ft rectangular, lol.
    Did you look at the square one? Amazingly, more surface area.

Norseman- Umbrella Policy FTW

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Did you look at the square one? Amazingly, more surface area.

Norseman- Umbrella Policy FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Did you save enough to cover your deductible?
    I need to look at my policy.

I looked at a lot of other models but almost everything desirable is sold out. Wanted the ACON AIR. If this one sucks I'll sell it, or let it rot in the yard per convention. It is nearly the same size as our two existing garden beds, so the shape nests well in the yard

I grew up with a mediocre round tramp. Tons of hours on that thing. Hope this one is sweet.

Whoops- tagged the wrong person on that one.
    Still a good idea.

Bumping this for some current recommendations. I want to get one for the kids, but its just for everyday fuck around use. I dont think I need rectangular, springfree, etc that drive the price up. Just looking mainly for general durability and moderate safety. The 15 foot circular ones seem to be around 400-800 and besides amazon's rating system, I wouldnt know what to snag. Anyone with a casual backyard tramp have a reco? That Zupapa one looks pretty burly I suppose, but I am only likley saying that because its more expensive.

When I was shopping last year the best bang-for-buck option seemed to be Upper Bounce: https://upperbounce.com/products/upp...closure-system

They're out of stock at the moment, but I think that's the norm everywhere right now.

Craigslist for a spring free?

That flexible net is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    When I was shopping last year the best bang-for-buck option seemed to be Upper Bounce: https://upperbounce.com/products/upp...closure-system

They're out of stock at the moment, but I think that's the norm everywhere right now.
    I have a bit of time before I need to snag this (birthday gift) so I will keep an eye on the Upper Bounce. Thanks Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Craigslist for a spring free?

That flexible net is worth it.
    There are a couple options in the area on CL but they are still pretty pricey, they look to be well used and my kids are just gonna hammer the thing anyway and likely eventually light it on fire. Are they really that much better? The used springfree are like $1500-$1700 and the new spring ones are around $600 - $700

Naw, I don't think a used one is worth $1500. Around here (Ontario) the used Spring-Free's can be had for less than $800 CAD. If you can pick up a used Spring-Free for the cost of new spring, then I think it's worth it.

Crazy they're ~$1500 where you are. Thanks COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Naw, I don't think a used one is worth $1500. Around here (Ontario) the used Spring-Free's can be had for less than $800 CAD. If you can pick up a used Spring-Free for the cost of new spring, then I think it's worth it.

Crazy they're ~$1500 where you are. Thanks COVID.
    Gotcha - yeah they are still super pricey. I think I would happily get one if the used springfree were the same as a new spring.

I paid $299 for this one two years ago (currently unavailable) and it seems perfectly fine for my kids.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks root - I pulled the trigger on the Zupapa because it had good reviews and could actually get to me by the time I needed. Probably a small waste of money but I figured I may have a couple cocktails and bounce around too. Weigh rating was pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Probably a small waste of money but I figured I may have a couple cocktails and bounce around too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pri83015417.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	340216

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Thanks root - I pulled the trigger on the Zupapa because it had good reviews and could actually get to me by the time I needed. Probably a small waste of money but I figured I may have a couple cocktails and bounce around too. Weigh rating was pretty decent
    Keep a lid on yer cocktail, bud.
    I still call it The Jake.

Don’t forget the cost of you homeowners insurance premium, which will skyrocket as soon as they find out (assuming you get underwritten with a trampoline in the yard).

I would look into your own specific insurance policy because it wasn't at all true for me - insurance didn't change at all. I had heard the same thing for years before I bought one so was very surprised when I called my insurance company and there was no change whatsoever.

Anyway, I had a bittersweet moment this past weekend when I took our 14'x14' trampoline down after having it in the yard for 15 years - how time files. That trampoline made our backyard the nexus of the neighborhood.

We luckily never had anything worse than bumped heads and a sprain here and there, but usually by visitors (another trampoline myth - the kids that get hurt are typically visitors. Before a kid could jump on it I made them ask their parents to call me to give their permission).
    Who cares how the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Keep a lid on yer cocktail, bud.
    Amazon suggested a sippy cup so I pulled the trigger on this as well: https://www.amazon.com/NUK-Sesame-St.../dp/B07KQWFH1F

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums