Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    We had one for years. Went through two pads--course the first one was weakened in an unfortunate fireworks incident. My son learned many of the basics of his mad slopestyle skilzz on that thing. Loved it.

I watched a friend break his ankle jumping on a tramp during a drop-in night at a gymnastics club. Nobody else on the tramp, didn't hit anything, just landed a little funny. Snap.

Just sayin'
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Trampolines are crazy dangerous. Ive actually had some proper gymnast training on a tramp and the more I learn the more scared I get.

Great for kids!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Creepy.

I like your style.
    Thanks??

on our second trampoline at the house for kids... first one I destroyed the safety net after missing a back flip drunk, full style points though per the audience. only let a couple neighborhood kids on it but that is rare anymore.

kids are growing out of it pretty much as this time... only use it every now and then so it will be gone soon.

my worst injury so far from it...... got this hopping off the trampoline right into a bunker that my dog was digging....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00177-20090816-1855.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	444.8 KB 
ID:	140269

Well this thread took a creepy turn.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Do you think this is the "attractive nuisance" Tippster was referring to?!
    Indubitably.

We're all going to burn in hell.

Just bumping this thread, as I searched for what the best trampolines are.

I've got a baby and a toddler, so considering options in the future. Probably not until I can dig one into the ground, but then I'll get a good bouncy one.

I love them personally. The first thing I bought, with money from my first job, was a trampoline at 15. Fell off the fucker a few times, but mostly just learned a bunch of cool trick.

We did training at our local gymnastics place in high school. That one was sketchy as could be. Super bouncy, way off the ground, above the concrete floor with inadequate padding. So much fun. The ceiling was about 20 feets up and only 2 people were known to have touched their feet to it during a backflip, Travis Rice and a friend who later went onto join the NYU diving team.

This summer I've been hammering the acrobatics pretty hard at the pool 5m drop, and there's a little fun park here with legit trampolines. It's funny how chill europe is, you can get some serious boost on these things, no waiver.

Just adding, for the record, double bouncing is extremely sketchy.

We have one, though when this thread started I would have been one of the people resisting. We have some rules to mitigate likelihood of injury, but yeah...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

heh, forgot about this thread.

tramp is gone, gave it away to some mag on here in fact. cant remember who, hope his kid had fun on it.

Because a thread like this is incomplete without a video of dozens of people knocking their teeth out and giving themselves chronic neck injuries.

Last time I went to the local trampoline park they had officially banned all inverts everywhere except for in to the foam pit. Doesn't really impact me though because the last time I did back flips on a tramp was more than 2 years ago. No plans for air that now that I'm in my mid 50s. Loved killing it as a teen and early 20s though. I'd be getting my own tramp if I were a younger buck looking to train for airs.

And ya, back in high school I also joined the local gymnastics school just for the tramp sessions and coaching. They had the cables too. Pretty well run considering that was 40 years ago..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I had a trampoline for many years. Both kids were competing in gymnastics. Loved bouncing with them on it. We moved recently and sold it. Miss that thing. Youngest recently had a birthday and wanted it at the local trampoline park. Super fun. All her friends thought it was rad that her dad was out there jumping and pulling flips.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    There's currently a well formed 16 year old girl on our trampoline. I may have been too rash initially.
    More importantly, does this now 21 year old still come over and bounce on the tramp? GIF?

I thought trampolines were mostly used as places for teenagers to explore their sexuality. At least that’s what my friend Janine used hers for...

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Just bumping this thread, as I searched for what the best trampolines are.
    I did a bunch of research this spring, and ended up buying a used Nissen (rectangle) on the advice of a friend. It’s heavy af, but the frame is bombproof.

We got rid of our trampoline years ago. And the skateboard ramp is on wheels so it can be tucked in the garage away from the prying eyes of Google.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    We got rid of our trampoline years ago. And the skateboard ramp is on wheels so it can be tucked in the garage away from the prying eyes of Google.
    My mini half is tucked away along the side of the house fully shaded and covered by trees to block satellite view. Also leave a 4x4 locked across the flat so it's pretty unridable to poachers.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My mini half is tucked away along the side of the house fully shaded and covered by trees to block satellite view. Also leave a 4x4 locked across the flat so it's pretty unridable to poachers.
    2' micro-quarter. Small portable ramp from Ramptech. Plus a 2' straight ramp my son made. We repaved the driveway a couple years ago and it's great for riding.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    2' micro-quarter. Small portable ramp from Ramptech. Plus a 2' straight ramp my son made. We repaved the driveway a couple years ago and it's great for riding.
    A bit challenging being that tight but hella fun..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I had a trampoline for many years. Both kids were competing in gymnastics. Loved bouncing with them on it. We moved recently and sold it. Miss that thing. Youngest recently had a birthday and wanted it at the local trampoline park. Super fun. All her friends thought it was rad that her dad was out there jumping and pulling flips.
    Been there, dun that..

It's now against the rules to do flips on the tramps at this place.

I too am now being strongarmed into buying a trampoline. While the seemingly inevitable ER visits do give me pause (we engage in plenty of high-risk activities as it is, this is just piling on), my main concern is that good rectangular ones that won't degrade into a useless pile of garbage in 1-2 years are nauseatingly expensive. Recs?

Currently looking at the 8x14’ Galactic Xtreme model from Happy Trampoline: https://www.happytrampoline.com/rect...ic-xtreme.html

Their 14' round model is priced much more attractively (https://www.happytrampoline.com/roun...rampoline.html), but my research so far leads me to believe that round trampolines are for poseur twats--the Rossi Soul7 of trampolines, if you will. I'd love to be convinced otherwise.

Mind you, we've already bought this kid a Woodward PC pass....

We have a round one, but I have no idea what would be appropriate for the high flying demon spawn of DTM and AC.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Check out "Springless Trampolines"

Apparently safer.