Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    My son has been begging for one for years -- he competes in trampoline and is quite good at it (has made the Nationals 2 years in a row now.) Our back yard slopes gently toward the house, and a good competition-level trampoline is fucking $$$$. He is disappoint.

They're bouncier when wet because the deck material cools and gets more taut.

Did a belly flop off one when I was 12 onto a hard dry ground when using a garden hose with it in the heat. The deck got slippery. Never thought I was gonna take another breath. Just kept having those racking gulps of air you get when the wind really gets knocked out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Maybe a dopey question, but, do you think it really helps a person to ski better?
    I would most definitely say yes. My zone comes once my ollies are dialed. Early season I just kind of ski. Had I a tramp...

But, what outdoor physical activity isn't good for skiing?

my best friend in high school had one. we would see how high a jump we could tolerate to flat ground. we would also drag it close to the house and jump off the roof onto it. neighbor had one. it was wedged in some trees . we used to pretend to run vertically up the tree. and just had some friends over from the USA who said they had 2 trampolines growing up.

no injuries reported from any. anecdotal evidence is a bitch, huh?
    Last edited by Ripzalot; 05-02-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Maybe a dopey question, but, do you think it really helps a person to ski better? I can see for anything inverted but for just skiing around taking hits here and there? I think it would but maybe I am just trying to justify getting one for "the kids".
    it's excellent for skiing muscles, it definitely builds strength. all you're doing while bombing bumpy hills is absorbing the shocks, which is pretty similar for jumping.

I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Springfree.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	137303

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    I can't see the pic for some reason... anyway, how old are your kids? just curious.
    Hmm, attachment messed up, should work now.

Girl and boy, 12 and 14.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

No trampoline will ever be in my yard and I better not find out my kids have been playing on one. My brother severely messed up his arm on one when he got double-bounced. He is fine now, but those things need to go the way of lawn darts as far as I'm concerned.

While I understand the liability worries, I'm slightly amused that half of a forum that glorifies jumping off of cliffs at highway speeds is terrified of trampolines.

We had one growing up. It was a lot of fun. The springless with netting look like they'd be the way to go. I would have loved to have had one of those if just for how the net would have improved our preferred ball avoidance game.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    While I understand the liability worries, I'm slightly amused that half of a forum that glorifies jumping off of cliffs at highway speeds is terrified of trampolines.
    I could care less about myself or my kids getting injured on one. No worries there. It'd be the neighborhood kids' parents I'd be worried about, or rather their parent's lawyer I'd be scared of.

Yeah that's the part I understand.

Don't trust people who live in fear of litigious actions of others. Pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    my best friend in high school had one. we would see how high a jump we could tolerate to flat ground. we would also drag it close to the house and jump off the roof onto it. neighbor had one. it was wedged in some trees . we used to pretend to run vertically up the tree. and just had some friends over from the USA who said they had 2 trampolines growing up.

no injuries reported from any. anecdotal evidence is a bitch, huh?
    On second thought, its probably due to the fact that we weren't brought up by nanny-state mouthbreathers. Our parents were actually home and yelled at us when we got caught doing that crap rather than drunk in front of the boob tube or bikram yoga class. This instilled a little self control. We were smart enough not to jackass into the biggest jump right away but work progressively towards it.

Better days will never be
    Better days will never be
    NOW
    What does this mean?

Some of you are such fucking pussies. Kids are gonna get HURT!!! ZOMG!!!!!

SAME COULD BE SAID FOR HAVING YOUR KIDS SKI.

PUSSIES

Blurred FTW.

Concise and relevant.

the lawyers have got you little fkers running scared....

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix&2 View Post
    We had our landscaping guy dig the hole out while he was putting in the irrigation system. We dumped the dirt in a big pile and made a natural mound for grass and flowers and shit. The main drawback here is the gap between the trampoline and the decking. Our kids have gotten a leg caught once or twice.

There are risks, yes. But, it's a lot of fun, great exercise, and good training for jumping.

That's a money setup right there. The rectangular ones have a ton more spring than the round ones.

That being said, I can't wait to come over and do some backflips and cork 9's with your kids.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    That's a money setup right there. The rectangular ones have a ton more spring than the round ones.

That being said, I can't wait to come over and do some backflips and cork 9's with your kids.
    if it's going to be done it will be done right. ^

It's easy to say someone is a pussy for assessing risk, both financial (insurance cancellations, rate increases) and from a safety perspective, but maybe your perspective will vary when it's your kids, their friends, your home, and your business that is potentially at risk.

Risk assessment is something I assume even the most advanced thrill-sports enthusiast here engages in prior to proceeding, even though people do get hurt ZOMG!

I also dont want to look at that thing year round, build a fence, or hurt my old self on it. I see it as something like a pool or a boat, better to have a good friend with one.

Trampolines are considered an “Attractive nuisance,” I think. Better find a way to limit access to them.

Brett: It's not that YOUR kids can get hurt, it's that you're liable if some random kids get hurt while you're at work or on the hill.

Edit: Yep... here's some info: http://www.craigswapp.com/blog/prote...your-property/

better off buying one for the next door neighbors as a gift

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    if i were you, i would be more concerned about being hurt while skiing

Over-rotated on my second attempt to do a flip on one of these things back in college and landed head-first into the crossbar. Crushed my nasal bridge, spurted blood everywhere and got a heck of a good concussion out of it. Since I did it at a friends, they were all sorts of paranoid about a lawsuit for a couple of years b/c of it...not from me mind you, but from my medical insurance company trying to hold them accountable for the liability of letting me on the trampoline. Anyways, yeah trampolines are fun, but are also really dangerous.

There's currently a well formed 16 year old girl on our trampoline. I may have been too rash initially.

Creepy.

I like your style.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    There's currently a well formed 16 year old girl on our trampoline. I may have been too rash initially.
    Do you think this is the "attractive nuisance" Tippster was referring to?!
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 08-16-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

We get older they stay the same age.

Watch out for her dad!!!

That's how The Man Show used to end.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.