FS: Canon 1D Mark IV & 300mm f/4 L lens

Canon 1D Mark IV:
    Price: $3000.00
    Payment method: PayPal
    Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks

Asking Price: $3000 shipped OBO - PLEASE MAKE OFFERS!

Shutter Count: 15,213

For sale is a Canon 1D Mark IV camera. Included in this kit are 1 Body, 2 Batteries w/ dust caps, 1 Camera Strap, 1 Dual Battery Charger w/cable and dust caps, 1 Front Cap, 1 Original Box, 1 Manual, 1 Warranty Card.

I purchased this camera brand new from Adorama in November 2011. Since then the camera has accumulated just over 15,000 shutter actuations, and it has also been to CPS for a standard Clean & Check.

I am selling to fund a 5D3.

I take good care of the functionality of my gear - it's never been dropped or had any other physical damage to it. That said, I am a photographer that uses my gear!! So there are some scratches and dings here and there, but look at the photos and you'll see they aren't too terrible, but yes they are there. For interested parties, I'll send a photo of the base which has some scratches due to tripod use (I don't want to post that photo here since it has the serial number visible, but am happy to send via email, along with additional detail photos of the camera body)

The black square you see around the LCD screen is for use with a Zacuto Z-Finder. You can remove this easily, but I recommend keeping it on as it offers extra protection to the screen, even if you don’t use a z-finder for video applications.

I am located in Denver, Colorado. I will do local pickup/dropoff, but only accept PayPal.

------

Canon 300mm f/4 L lens:

Price: $925.00
    Payment method: PayPal
    Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

Asking Price: $925 shipped OBO - PLEASE MAKE OFFERS!

I am the original owner of this lens. Went to CPS for Clean & Check January 2012.

Since the lens came back from CPS, the focusing speed, accuracy and sharpness improved dramatically. It was almost like using a new lens, not sure what they did there but the performance is superior to when it was brand new.

I am located in Denver, Colorado. I will do local pickup/dropoff, but only accept PayPal.

Items also listed here:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	804595.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	137160  
    Last edited by dipstik; 05-02-2013 at 01:51 PM.

BUMP...

Damn, just bought this lens last week for $1000. Wished I waited. Someone scoop this thing up!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Didja move up to the 1D-X? Glad they finally went full-frame.

i wish

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Didja move up to the 1D-X? Glad they finally went full-frame.
    I'm actually just going to the 5D3, so I'll be running with a 5D2 & 5D3 setup. The 1DX is sick, and it's the first digital Canon that matches their best film body (full frame @ 10fps), but the 5D3 does 90% of what I need for 1/2 the price. Hard to get around that.

Also, the 1-Series are pretty tricky to balance on my glidecam...
    Last edited by dipstik; 04-28-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Both still available!

I thought I had the Mark IV sold on FredMiranda.com, but the guy turned out to be a complete lunatic. I would really love to sell this to a maggot instead of having to deal with all of the anal retentive people on that site!!

"There was a smudge of page 87 of the user manual. I will be returning this item as it was not as described"

Fred Miranda? Anal Retentive?

That 300 is a lot of lens for the money. I love mine, especially for landscape shooting. It's an easy one to justify, hopefully someone does soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Altmanator View Post
    "There was a smudge of page 87 of the user manual. I will be returning this item as it was not as described"

Fred Miranda? Anal Retentive?
    Hahah oh man, the sad thing is, that might as well be a direct quote. I had sold my Mark IV but the guy returned it to me because (and this is a direct quote): "you screwed me over, there are gouges on the eye cup that you did not disclose." - see for yourself in the pics above, the "gouge" he was talking about is that tiny ding you see on the top right of the eyecup. Even offered to paypal him $10 so he could buy a new eyecup, but he declined. Total lunatic. Either that or the guy just buys and returns gear for sport.

Anyway, I added some more pics and dropped the prices on both items.