Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Denver Toyota people! or Denver truck people...

So if I wanted to get a Toyota truck lifted 3", where should I go?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Why do you want it lifted? You can do suspension lift, body lift or a combo of both. Which you choose depends on what you're doing with it.

High County Performance 4x4 seems to have some cred. I've never used him before but a buddy of mine does fab work in addition to general automotive repair and maintenance at Dakota Ridge Automotive. Denver Spring and Suspension is expensive but they'll custom build and install new leaf packs for you.

Honestly though, late model Toyota pickups have tons of aftermarket support. Just find a good kit online with the lift you want and them pay a local mechanic to install it for you. 3" shouldn't require any custom work so any competent mechanic should be able to do the install easily.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Just throwing it out there, but a 3" suspension lift is in reality very easy to install over the course of a weekend. Got any gearheads in the neighborhood. Id bet theyd do it for a hundo (you provide the parts) and a case of beer.
    Live Free or Die

Depending on what you want Performance Wheel and Tire on Santa Fe did my leveling kit (3" front, 1" rear) on my Tundra for $200 plus parts (the kit was ~$400).

Otherwise Slee in Golden are the d00ds for Yotas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

What do you have? I've got an '11 access cab with spacers up front and extra leaf in the rear I wouldn't mind getting back to stock. In Keystone.

any body shop or really any local shop, i like mom pop shops rather than brand name. Buy the parts in advance from useful links here. glad you found a new rig~!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Priorities for a vehicle more trailworthy:
    1 Bumper/Armor/Sliders.
    2 Tires (upsizing and A/T).
    3 Lift (primarily to accommodate bigger tires).

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    High County Performance 4x4 seems to have some cred.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/

/thread

in golden........

I would go with a 2" body to start. Cheap and easy to do yourself and with a few other guys goes on super fast.
    No brake lines or anything tricky to mess with.

If you go to High country take your wallet, it's not cheap. Jason on the counter can help you. He's working on a beard and working off a hangover usually.

I was at performance wheel Friday and the place was all closed up, did they shut down???

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Move back to Texas.
    Hahahaha, how did you guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    2 Tires (upsizing and A/T).
    3 Lift (primarily to accommodate bigger tires).
    This. So I bought a 97 4x4 with only 110k miles. So tight and the price was right too. Anyway, it has sorry little wheels on it. Will my sweet german 31x10.5 AT tires and big rims fit without a lift? They both have the 6 lug pattern.

Also, there are these pinprick rust spots developing on the body. I am thinking those need to be ground out and painted over right away before the cancer spreads. Where should I go for that? Would much rather do mom and pop than empty my wallet.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I ran 31's on my stock '96 with no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Move back to Texas.
    Go back to lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I ran 31's on my stock '96 with no problems at all.
    Nice, save me some monies then.
    Henry David Thoreau

So I wonder where in denver you can buy nice body kit and interior stuff like seat covers and floor mats? Nice ones, but good prices.

You know, online might be ok for this stuff too. Who has the best prices and selection? Is there an amazon.com of car accessories?
    Henry David Thoreau

WeatherTech floor mats. Worth every penny.

There is a mag who sells really nice rugged interiors. Lobstameatwad perhaps? A search should pull it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    So I wonder where in denver you can buy nice body kit and interior stuff like seat covers and floor mats? Nice ones, but good prices.

You know, online might be ok for this stuff too. Who has the best prices and selection? Is there an amazon.com of car accessories?
    Find a tacoma forum online, that'll have all the info you're looking for. and amazon does a surprisingly good job of being the amazon of car accessories. just need to know exactly what you're looking for.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

Call the Slee dudes.

Holy cr@p, everything is so expensive! I just ordered bushwacker fender flares online, $330.

I'm gonna get the exterior taken care of, interior will have to wait. It's not terrible, just a little stained. Maybe I can save up and put in some sweet bucket seats or something next year. The toyota split bench is not that comfortable for road trips...

Hey can cruise control be installed after the fact?
    Henry David Thoreau

Call Slee. They will answer your questions without trying to sell you anything. They know everything Toyota.

Don't have answers to your other stuff...but Slee is the way to go for a Toyota. Toytec sells good stuff that Slee will install and are here in Denver. Check them out on line.

And just for some Tacoma stoke...just replaced my FJ with this:

Up next is some skids, sliders, and bumper protectors. I am skiping the advice on tires and a lift and leaving it with the stock 2" front lift and tires. My FJ was lifted and had bigger tires and was over kill for what I use it for. Congrats on the new truck!

EDIT: Forgot to give credit for where I got the pic:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/04...mments/page/2/
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Hey can cruise control be installed after the fact?
    Yes

I have one question: is it purple????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Call Slee. They will answer your questions without trying to sell you anything. They know everything Toyota.
    Again

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes

I have one question: is it purple????????????
    You're the second person to ask me that in a day. Funny. I'm having it painted so it could be any color but I'm digging the white.

I'll try to remember to take the camera today for some before pics. The change will be pretty dramatic with fresh paint, fender flares, big rims and tires.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    And just for some Tacoma stoke...just replaced my FJ with this:
    Awesome! Someday maybe I will drive a new one off the lot again. Car payments are such a beyotch though. Dunno if I would get the huge cab/doors - I prefer a sporty little truck.
    Henry David Thoreau