Thread: Oblivion

Oblivion

Anybody else see it? Went this last week, really liked it. Real similar feel/vibe/sound/design to Tron Legacy, just with a much less shitty plot! Actually felt Tom Cruise was fitting for the character he played...

Previews looked pretty good, first Tom Cruise movie I've wanted to see in a long while. I think I'll go see it this weekend, thanks for the recco.

I saw a lot of parallels to the movie "Moon".

Question: if Cruise' wife in the movie was still asleep when they found the Tet, how did she know about it after she landed on earth, but before she listened to the flight recorder?

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Question: if Cruise' wife in the movie was still asleep when they found the Tet, how did she know about it after she landed on earth, but before she listened to the flight recorder?
    and why did everyone have to die at the end?

Aaaaaaaaannd the micro-antipersonnel-cruise missile appears to have gone wide! ..... no, wait it's swinging around and just obliterated the back of his head!!!

Best. Antispoiler snarl. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Real similar feel/vibe/sound/design to Tron Legacy...
    Perhaps this is due to the fact that director Joseph Kosinski also directed TRON: Legacy. Not to mention that the score for Oblivion was crafted by M83, who you could say is a contemporary of Daft Punk (who crafted the score for TRON: Legacy).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Perhaps this is due to the fact that director Joseph Kosinski also directed TRON: Legacy. Not to mention that the score for Oblivion was crafted by M83, who you could say is a contemporary of Daft Punk (who crafted the score for TRON: Legacy).
    + some good Led Zeppelin

She knew about it because she was on the mission the investigate what it was.

Good flick.

a blend of matrix+Prometheus+THX 1138

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    She knew about it because she was on the mission the investigate what it was.
    Ah, you might be right. I apparently didn't pay enough attention. I was thinking that she was still asleep when they actually made contact with the Tet. But. . . I can't remember if they actually started the journey to investigate the Tet. . . Hmmmmm. Anybody else remember?

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Aaaaaaaaannd the micro-antipersonnel-cruise missile appears to have gone wide! ..... no, wait it's swinging around and just obliterated the back of his head!!!

Best. Antispoiler snarl. Ever.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I left the theater thoroughly confused, yet highly entertained. And the girl who sold me my ticket had a PHENOMENAL set of tits...

Yes. That's my review.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    . . I can't remember if they actually started the journey to investigate the Tet. . . Hmmmmm. Anybody else remember?

Seth
    The mission was originally set up to go to Titan but was reassigned when the Tet was discovered.

From wikip:

During the flight, Jack listens to the Odyssey's flight recorder, which reveals that he and Victoria were originally pilots on the Odyssey mission to Titan, which was reassigned by NASA to explore the newly-discovered Tet. Sally was their supervisor at NASA mission control, with other personnel, including Julia, on board in sleeping capsules. Upon approach, the Tet drew them in with a tractor beam. Recognizing that capture was imminent, Jack was able to jettison the passengers, who orbited for sixty years in suspended animation until Beech sent the signal to recall their craft.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.