Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude

Anybody have Rhinoshield on their house?

They claim you'll never have to paint again which sounds fantastic and worth the extra it costs to have it applied.

However I found almost zero (maybe 3?) reviews of the stuff on websites that weren't Rhinoshield company websites. This Old House.com had one thread where a few people said it's not that great as it doesn't allow vapor through so the wood underneath rots and a few other complaints as well as one guy saying he's happy with it.

It's a bit dodgy to me that EVERY website that comes up in google is a Rhinoshield website presumably to get rid of bad reviews.

So, anybody use this stuff? Is it worth it and THAT much better than latex paint? I live a block from the beach in Mass so salt, cold, wind and rain would be factors as well.

EDIT: actually I did find a few reviews, none positive.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

It's hard to find objective info but it seems like a fucking scam to me. What kind of siding do you have now? What kind of finish do you have?

There is a good reason why certain siding applications are more prevalent than others in coastal (or other demanding) scenarios.

agreed. the fact that google returns 60000000000 of their company websites makes it seem scammy.

plus I did find one response on yahoo questions where the guy listed a place you can buy it yourself under a different name to avoid paying the extra money the company wants you to pay for their "exclusive" paint services.

we have latex painted shingles. probably have to paint the whole house next year or maybe the year after....just wanted to believe the dream that I could paint it once and it was a good solution.

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

The only way that you can be assured that you will never have to paint again is to never paint in the first place.

Does a van count as a house if you've lived in it?

yes. but can rhino shield be applied to vans and will it experience the same non-breathability issue which would rot out the wooden frame of your van?

As a contractor, I guarantee all my jobs...

Will peel. It's New England.

Like you heard, I would worry about water getting behind it and rot. Major headaches to repair house and touch up.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!