Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seen any Weird Shit Lately?

Like odd things in the natural world? Not talking about poitics or dumb stuff people do, talking about something where you go, "What the FUCK was that?!??"

Happened to me few minutes ago. Just got here to Mass., called the wife, turned around to face towards the ocean and a large phosphorescent green cylinder (like a giant really really bright glowstick) fell into the ocean. Way slower than an asteroid/shooting star but probably as fast as something falling from a good height. A few hundred miles per hour. Not much to judge perspective by but a wild guess would be that it was 10 miles out and probably 300 feet long by 50 feet thick, total wild guess.

No fighter jets so i guess all is good.

Whatcha got?

huge inbounds slides at alpental this weekend, fortunately no people harmed.
    b

Think you might be peaking... just say'n: http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/201...aking-now?lite
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

A visible orange orb materialized between myself and the wife, about the size of a softball/cantaloupe. It floated by us and into the next room in the basement of the "infamous" KOA house near Williamsport MD. It was witnessed by 12 other people who were there with us on a guided ghost hunt.

Sadly I missed getting the picture as I was totally awestruck. I even had my camera around my neck and turned on RTG.
    watch out for snakes

You've seen Cloverfield...right?
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Like odd things in the natural world? Not talking about poitics or dumb stuff people do, talking about something where you go, "What the FUCK was that?!??"

Happened to me few minutes ago. Just got here to Mass., called the wife, turned around to face towards the ocean and a large phosphorescent green cylinder (like a giant really really bright glowstick) fell into the ocean. Way slower than an asteroid/shooting star but probably as fast as something falling from a good height. A few hundred miles per hour. Not much to judge perspective by but a wild guess would be that it was 10 miles out and probably 300 feet long by 50 feet thick, total wild guess.

No fighter jets so i guess all is good.

Whatcha got?
    God took a huge dump

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Think you might be peaking... just say'n: http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/201...aking-now?lite
    Yeah probably. weird how slow it was going but hey.

z-bo's pkg. arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That's all that makes you think that it couldn't be?

I would most likely think it was a meteor enough to say it was.

We are in comet debris right now, and near the peak of it of the Lyrid meteor shower. Green Fireballs that streak like cylinders are normal. If it is true that you saw this at near 1050pm eastern time, and you said that you were looking out to sea, you should have seen Vega just North of East where the radiant of the meteor shower is located. A fireball moving downwards from the radiant and Easterly from your position would from your perspective look to be slow and cylindrical heading down towards the ocean. Seen these countless times.
    Last edited by GaugeSymmetry; 04-21-2013 at 09:07 PM.

I saw my baseball coach drug me and then next thing I know I wake up in a tool closet pant less. Must have been a crazy daydream.

Quote Originally Posted by GaugeSymmetry View Post
    That's all that makes you think that it couldn't be?
    I'm sorry, I only speak English. whut?

So, uhh....how big was the splash?

haha. Try this. It was to the East? What was the local time? My time zones on the forum are wack.

How long was it? Use this: holding your fist out at arms length and using the fist as a unit of measurement. How many fist lenghts was it? Say like 4 or 5?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    So, uhh....how big was the splash?
    learned from tgr that a layer of tp can diminish the splash!

I could write a fuggin book...

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    I could write a fuggin book...
    a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step grasshoppa.

I saw a 150' by 135'+ span underground, where a pillar used to be. The piller had just crumbled and left the back intact with this massive room standing there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

I saw this hot ass chick trick this evil dude into giving her an entire army of slaves for one dragon. She then turned the army and the dragon loose on the slave masters and fucked shit up. I still think she is totally hot too, probably great in the sack. How crazy is THAT?

We will be fishing through the ice during the walleye opener. Never done that before. -14 below zero F on Sat. morn a few miles nort of here. Weird.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

I see dead people.

I saw the Browns win a game last season. I'm told they won at least one more but I can't speak to the truth of that.
    I still call it The Jake.

Wasn't me, but this seems like the right place for this observation. Scroll down to 10:05 pm:
    http://t.steamboattoday.com/news/201...april-19-2013/

Fuckin' giraffes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Fuckin' giraffes.
    Seriously. What are the odds they'd be at a ski area?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Wasn't me, but this seems like the right place for this observation. Scroll down to 10:05 pm:
    http://t.steamboattoday.com/news/201...april-19-2013/

Fuckin' giraffes.
    I didn't think giraffes were that aggressive. Weird.
    I still call it The Jake.

I LOVE chocolate dipped portabellos... WTF?