memorial day riding in sun valley?

I seem to be getting conflicting reports of ride-able trails around Sun Valley over Memorial Day. Thinking about heading over for the long weekend for a change of scenery while the snow continues to melt or (accumulate) in MT.

Anyone with first hand knowledge? Much appreciated.

Bumping this because I'm trying to talk some friends into it. How are things looking? Was your winter more tahoe or Jackson?

winter was tahoe! sun valley didn't have the bowls open until February if I'm not mistaken (for a reference I had an awesome powder weekend in 12/13 before Xmas)

I don't have first hand info but I'd call the resort or check out their website/blog, pretty good info in between all that bs about restaurants and boutique shopping!

Finstah Guest

Snotels are showing a right about average snowpack for the Big Wood Basin. Lower elevations already down to zero, still 19" of swe at Galena Summit. A lot will change in 4 weeks though. Last year conditions were great at Memorial Day, chances are good again for this year.

Sounds promising. Thanks, appreciate all the info.

My homies are saying the low down is riding great already. I reckon almost everything would except the white clouds zone would be on in 4 weeks
    one step forward, no step backward

right now the plan is to still head up there for the weekend but should I be concerned about all the red on this map?

http://summertrailink.bcrd.org/

I'm not expecting all the high alpine stuff to be ready and really just enough "fun" trails to have a variety to pick from for the weekend.

Bumping this. Want to do some riding over memorial day weekend but want to avoid the moab gong show. Looked at the map in the link above, should I be concerned about all the red I am seeing? Don't need epic riding just fun stuff that will keep us entertained with the dog.

That map is likely to change dramatically over the next ten days. I haven't been over there lately (other than a day indoors two weeks ago), but this time of year almost anything that happens other than a late spring blizzard actually helps the trails, and the chances of late spring blizzards this year are pretty low. Rain encourages melting, warm weather encourages melting, and sun will dry things out fast.

You can also have a backup plan to ride in Boise. 2.5 hours from Ketchum, better brewpubs, and everything is cheaper.

Dfinn, my lady and her friends went back and forth between SV and Durango and I think we chose Durango, unfortunately.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"