We had a great group from UGA at my first Tallulah fest this year. I met 2 friends around 1130 on saturday and we had a really good run. I hadn't paddled since my spring break 1 month ago and was trying out new outfitting for the first time, but I had a nice calm and was feeling good. Weather was perfect. Can't ask for much more than 74 degrees and bluebird with refreshingly cool water for some April Paddling

Last Step

I ran the first two rapids clean and checked things out at Oceana

The Thing @500

I didn't run center, but...

I had a good line and blasted through the bottom

Trey at Bridal Veil

The amphitheatre.

The rest of the run Saturday was good. It was my first dry hair day in the gorge Oceana included

Got pretty tore up that night at the festival.

Sunday was 700 so we didn't hit as many rocks but it was all bigger and pushier. Camera died so no pics. Had another good run at Oceana but got a serious beatdown and a few cartwheels in the hole at amplitheatre. There were a couple more upside down moments but no swims.

It was a great boating wknd! Things really couldn't have gone better. Getting worked in the hole but being able to stick with it and see it through feels great!

Here is a link to the river description on American whitewater. It's a fantastic run and is the closest good whitewater to Athens, about 65 miles away. Only thing that stinks is the limited releases and the 1000 steps to get to the gorge floor

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/co...detail/id/506/