Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: Free Sirius XM 2-month trial

In case anyone has a Sirius/XM tuner, but no subscription, you can get a 2-month free trial, no strings attached.
    https://care.siriusxm.com/preownedve...al_view.action

I signed up, and it works. My new used car came with satellite radio, but I don't really want to pay the subscription costs. Free is good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Sweet! Perfect timing, as I'm just now pulling my car out it's winter slumber. Thanks for the heads up!

Just to add, I just signed up for Sirius internet for another 3.50 a month, and am very happy I did so. Excellent app (both apple and android), and, as long as you are in a solid wi fi network, works well. Way too much data for cell. Now I can listen on many devices in a lot of places, and even in two former spots that had sketchy satellite reception.
    They're also competing with Pandora with "My Sirius XM" which allows one to tailor content in some stations.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

This is a good gig for them. When I bought my FJ I was sure Id never sign up for it after the 3 month trial was over, now I cant stand being in cars without it. So worth it, even when not free.
    Live Free or Die

If you decide to continue at the end of your trial subscription, service will continue until you call us at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel.
    Almost perfect. I always forget to call and cancel free trial shit until the bill comes.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I got free sirius with my new ford truck until it ran out after 6 montsh

what you do is ignore all the offers until sirius phones you with a dirt cheap offer that is at least < half of what they 1st offered you

when the sirius person tells you it will automagiclay renew just tell them NO because you want them to call you again ... with a stupid cheap offer

the sirius person will laugh and do it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Just to add, I just signed up for Sirius internet for another 3.50 a month, and am very happy I did so. Excellent app (both apple and android), and, as long as you are in a solid wi fi network, works well. Way too much data for cell. Now I can listen on many devices in a lot of places, and even in two former spots that had sketchy satellite reception.
    They're also competing with Pandora with "My Sirius XM" which allows one to tailor content in some stations.
    a friend told me that they were doing a promo for free up until xmas or something. I don't have it in the car anymore but she said hers came back on. I've been streaming online last few days. Petty ,Dead, Faction, etc so much good stuff. Willie is great, too. $5 a month to stream online for a year (or less) is kinda worth it,gonna try to run the cell phone in the car thru blu tooth and see if the bandwidth is there, just eats up some data. Lemme know how you guys make out running it.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Since I first posted in this thread, I've been using a series of 5-month trial subscriptions for Sirius - about $5/ mo, plus tax. Near the end of the 5 month period, call and request cancelation, and they'll offer the same deal again.

They don't seem to care that I do this over and over again. If they ever do, I'll just cancel and put the $ towards more data on the cell phone, and stream Pandora instead.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Since I first posted in this thread, I've been using a series of 5-month trial subscriptions for Sirius - about $5/ mo, plus tax. Near the end of the 5 month period, call and request cancelation, and they'll offer the same deal again.

They don't seem to care that I do this over and over again. If they ever do, I'll just cancel and put the $ towards more data on the cell phone, and stream Pandora instead.
    Where does one find a 5-month trial subscription? I see 30-day offers everywhere...

Forgive the thread drift but I got my 1st year at $130 cdn now they want $260 for they same package.
    Did anyone let they subscription expire and were you offered a better deal to win you back?
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Where does one find a 5-month trial subscription? I see 30-day offers everywhere...
    https://care.siriusxm.com/sirpromopl...STREAM499FOR12

doesn't include the radio for your car but seems to be the same deal to access everything.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    https://care.siriusxm.com/sirpromopl...STREAM499FOR12

doesn't include the radio for your car but seems to be the same deal to access everything.
    Oh, that's for the app.... I thought it was $5/mo for the in-car radio service. I'd be willing to pay for that, since we don't have shit for radio stations around here.

However, I'd never pay $5/mo for their streaming service... their music sucks, and I can get Spotify/Pandora/etc. for free.

The $5/ mo one I mentioned is for the car. If you have a Sirius radio in the car, sign up for any short trial (30 day free, whatever), and then call them before the trial period ends. They'll offer you some discount like $100 for the year - tell them it's too much, you'll pass. Then they'll offer you something like $25 for 5 months - take it, and calendar to call again just before that period ends. Rinse and repeat.

I ran it on my phone in the car today, streams fine. I have a blu tooth to radio dealio cuz the 2004 Focus SVT ain't got no new fangled sirius radio built in. $5

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Forgive the thread drift but I got my 1st year at $130 cdn now they want $260 for they same package.
    Did anyone let they subscription expire and were you offered a better deal to win you back?
    they will probably do it for 130 if you just let it lapse and wait for them to come back to you, I used to do this but i seem to have dropped off their radar, i don't drive long distances so I don't miss it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Been playing this game for a decade. Call and threaten to cancel and make them transfer you to the retention department. Make sure you tell them you want to pay with a check, they can not enroll you in auto-pay via check and jack your rate when it ends. Refuse the $2 check processing fee. Add a note on your calendar 11 months from now so you can repeat the process again.

Cool game. I got a life time subscription a long time ago. Was like $399 dollars. I figure I'm paying just under $5/mos Will continue to go down toward zero over the years.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Same here although I haven't done the check thing, good idea. I got mine and my wife's at $120 per for full packages including online and all fees this fall. I had to call back a few times to get a US based agent, the overseas call center cs agents won't give you anything in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Cool game. I got a life time subscription a long time ago. Was like $399 dollars. I figure I'm paying just under $5/mos Will continue to go down toward zero over the years.
    broke asssssss 1998 me is still kicking myself for not going for the life time subscription.

BUMP

not sure why the BUMP but, anyway...
    pulled the trigger when the freeniss ended today. $5 is worth it, BUT, seems ya can't stream on a pc, ya gotta have a player.
    works fine through my phone blu tooth to mini jambox unit.
    any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
    I might even look into putting it the car for long rides, but pretty sure the phone will suffice.

Listening to Jim Florentine chat with Joe Perry.
    Very cool .
    Eddie Trunk has a show, too. I miss That Metal Show.
    Last edited by willywhit; 11-27-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Recently they’ve been restarting the 5/5 deal without my having to intervene. Maybe they’re sick of dealing with my calls every 5 months.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Recently they’ve been restarting the 5/5 deal without my having to intervene. Maybe they’re sick of dealing with my calls every 5 months.
    I'll get addicted at $5 a month. Found this , what a gem
    Grateful Dead Live at Cape Cod Coliseum on 1979-10-27
    just listening to the channel, it came on , so I looked it up
    magic
    https://archive.org/details/gd79-10-...10-28d3t04.shn

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    I'll get addicted at $5 a month. Found this , what a gem
    Grateful Dead Live at Cape Cod Coliseum on 1979-10-27
    just listening to the channel, it came on , so I looked it up
    magic
    https://archive.org/details/gd79-10-...10-28d3t04.shn
    Bumping this cuz I am at the end of 3-month trial with the new vehicle. Willy u can use the APP "MUSI" to listen to YouTube audio on your phone without the video, that dead show is there. And so is the Cape Cod Coliseum as a warehouse, u can see it from the highway and make out where the lettering was on the wall.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/musi...591560124?mt=8

ANYWAYS - I have been ignoring the Sirius calls, but I have 3 days left on the trial. I kinda like it in the car and am willing to pay up front for a cheap 6-month subscrip and just set a reminder to myself to call up and cancel in 6 months, this is doable? What is the best deal? If I give them the credit card for the 6 months up front, I can cancel with no strings after?