Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2040
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Not really, but what one would expect from some trust funder with his hand in his pants dicking away his life with Euro trash.
    nice! but i work for a living. at a real job. for far too long with no end in sight. i mean, i only get about 30 days of skiing a year so my life isn't perfect.

p.s. i actually agree with a LOT of what taibbi writes but his hyperbole really discredits his arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Hey, anyone seen any solid detail on what they were doing on? the MIT campus with Bombs and guns and enough ammo to hold down a pretty good gun fight?

Did they have a reason to be there? or did that MIT Cop save an untold number of people and maybe prevent something even bigger than the Marathon.

I just have not read that much about this part.

When the Boston Bombing went down it was all about, why has no one claimed responsibility, they did not kill themselves, Because they were not done yet! So was MIT part two? Something that was a result of their pictures being on nation TV?

OR? they were there to do some damage and fortunately got intercepted
    It looks that way to me. They were ready to go out with a bang, and take alot more with them.

His last social network feed (on twitter?) was something like: "Downtowns are dangerous places. Stay safe, people."

I don't get it, how could he be uttering those words while planning such an outlandishly hurtful and deadly event??
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    His last social network feed (on twitter?) was something like: "Downtowns are dangerous places. Stay safe, people."

I don't get it, how could he be uttering those words while planning such an outlandishly hurtful and deadly event??
    Because he's a huge dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    or the fact that the older brother was dressed almost exactly like them? black hat, black backpack, black jacket, khaki pants ... forgot his shoes i guess. what are the odds that he could dress so similarly?
    Is this a joke? I'd say the likelihood of it being pure coincidence are 100X greater than it being planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover
    Pretty sure he tweeted that after the bombings.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Is this a joke? I'd say the likelihood of it being pure coincidence are 100X greater than it being planned.

Pretty sure he tweeted that after the bombings.
    A joke? No, seriously, what are the chances a guy committing a crime would be wearing almost all black, a hat, and sunglasses? Slim to none, right?

But really, how did the little brother get away after the car chase and shoot out?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    But really, how did the little brother get away after the car chase and shoot out?
    The cops at the scene were trying to save the life of one of their own who bled out? Jesus, the cop lost all of his own blood from a severed artery
    http://www.newser.com/story/166605/h...-shootout.html

Whoa.

Donahue and Sean Collier at graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    So I hear he's writing responses to questions...

Just talked to friend whose kid's beau lived across the hall from #2 @ UMASS. Said he was still wearing the same hat at a party. His response to comments on the bombing were, "That shit happens all the time in Europe".

No one can believe it was him, but he was pretty callous and un fazed.

Umm, the FBI/DHS/ATF would need to speak to those kids ASAP. You may want to give your friend a call, unless you or your friend is full of
    I can smell it

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Unsurprisingly, you don't understand Miranda. All it does is prevent prosecutors from introducing evidence obtained from tainted interrogations at trial. They don't need him to confess to get a conviction, so they are not concerned about having his self-incriminating statements suppressed.
    Took NPR three days to figure this out, with none other than John Ashcroft. Clearly Ashcroft is a TGR lurker...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    is it wrong to ask questions and think about this stuff? or should we just shut up and swallow what the government tells us. there is a lot of bullshit out there and lots of discussions and pictures with a lot of mistakes but there are some highly suspicious shit there too.

so no one can comment on why there were at least 7 blackwater ("the craft"!) guys there? snipers on the roof? yet they could do jack shit to stop them. is this standard op for every big event to have independent contractors doing security?
    7 blackwaters ops, huh? havn'y heard about that many. the two from the pics are the only i've hfeard about, do you have a link? (infowar doesn't count) ....also, they're not called blackwater anymore, changed their name after the shitshow that was Iraq, and their indiscriminate killing spree
    snipers? haven't heard about that.... again, do you have a credible link, pics?

or the fact that the older brother was dressed almost exactly like them? black hat, black backpack, black jacket, khaki pants ... forgot his shoes i guess. what are the odds that he could dress so similarly? black and khaki are not really a great color combo anyways. i mean, what color belt do you wear with that?
    NO WAY! the guy trying to look inconspicuous in a crowd, was wearing a black hat AND Khakis???
    or how about how the fbi so incredibly dropped the ball on this? does it make any sense that they would investigate him (being referred by russian intelligence) and then just shrug their shoulders and never look back?

and why did they have to try to kill the younger brother? they were going for a head shot! good thing the guy fucked up. now we might actually get some intel from him. they could have waited it out longer or sent the hurt locker guy in. it was like a dillinger movie. how many shots were fired? fuck that was ludicrous.
    Maybe because he was trying to kill them first? ...possibly had explosives on hand and was wired with explosives??? also They weren't " taking head shots at him", they shot into the hull of the boat.
    i'm absolutely not implying that the brothers did not do the bombings but they may have been the stooges in a bigger operation. there's a lot of interesting discussions going on out there. again, lots of mistakes but like the photo analysis leading to the identification of the actual suspects, there will be some errors along the way. try not to dismiss everything out of hand.

Just do yourself a favor and don't read that infowar garbage. total BS for the tinfoil crowd.

here is a pic of the infowar "reporter" assigned to the Boston case:

Attachment 136616
    Attachment 136615
    dude seems credible...
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 04-22-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Purveyor of Slack View Post
    Umm, the FBI/DHS/ATF would need to speak to those kids ASAP. You may want to give your friend a call, unless you or your friend is full of
    and you know this hasn't already happened how??
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    and you know this hasn't already happened how??
    Point taken.
    I can smell it

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch
    Unsurprisingly, you don't understand Miranda. All it does is prevent prosecutors from introducing evidence obtained from tainted interrogations at trial. They don't need him to confess to get a conviction, so they are not concerned about having his self-incriminating statements suppressed.
    But it seems to me the most important info they could get out of this kid is information about who else, besides his brother, was involved in planning this attack. They aren't going to want that information tainted.

But it seems to me the most important info they could get out of this kid is information about who else, besides his brother, was involved in planning this attack. They aren't going to want that information tainted.
    Hopefully they will get info like that, but it's already inadmissible, as hearsay, unless they get a sworn deposition.

[not a lawyer, but talked to one about a traffic ticket once..., so could be way off on this...]

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Hopefully they will get info like that, but it's already inadmissible, as hearsay, unless they get a sworn deposition.

[not a lawyer, but talked to one about a traffic ticket once..., so could be way off on this...]
    I'm thinking of a situation such as Tsarnaev naming others involved and then the difficulty in getting arrest or search warrants based on Tsarnaev's (tainted) statements. I've seen Law &Order!

One thing I would like to know is about the FBI. If they knew he was around and had interviewed him a couple years ago, why did they have to release his picture and ask our help to identify him? I mean, I know they probably have a ton of suspected people around in their files but it couldn't have been that difficult for one random person to say "hey, he looks a lot like that dude we interviewed a couple years ago. Maybe we should look back into that guy."

But then again, maybe it could be a giant PITA I don't know. Seems like they would be slightly more efficient in figuring something like that out. Hell it didn't come out they ever interviewed him until almost a week later. Even if you cleared the guy in 2011 I would think that you would still go through every single lead you had for the last few years, right? The guy lived a few miles away for chrissakes.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    One thing I would like to know is about the FBI. If they knew he was around and had interviewed him a couple years ago, why did they have to release his picture and ask our help to identify him? I mean, I know they probably have a ton of suspected people around in their files but it couldn't have been that difficult for one random person to say "hey, he looks a lot like that dude we interviewed a couple years ago. Maybe we should look back into that guy."

But then again, maybe it could be a giant PITA I don't know. Seems like they would be slightly more efficient in figuring something like that out. Hell it didn't come out they ever interviewed him until almost a week later. Even if you cleared the guy in 2011 I would think that you would still go through every single lead you had for the last few years, right?
    I think Lynsey Graham's a POS generally, but he made it sound like there was some confusion over his name/coordinating identities which appears to be a longstanding difficulty for them and non-European standard names.

Also, per this, the reason he was investigated is the Russians were suspicious he wanted to go to Chechenya. A Chechen wants to go to Chechenya? Shocker.

But then again, maybe it could be a giant PITA I don't know. Seems like they would be slightly more efficient in figuring something like that out. Hell it didn't come out they ever interviewed him until almost a week later. Even if you cleared the guy in 2011 I would think that you would still go through every single lead you had for the last few years, right? The guy lived a few miles away for chrissakes.
    Word. I've heard conflicting reports about that. one report states that the aunt ID'd them and nitified the FBI. another report says they got the ID from a fingerprint scanner on scene after the first perp died.

important to remember that inaccuracies in reporting Does not = Conspiracy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Even if you cleared the guy in 2011 I would think that you would still go through every single lead you had for the last few years, right? The guy lived a few miles away for chrissakes.
    Hell of a good point. The bombing was suspected to a be a terrorist act. Seems like you turn over the most obvious stones first. Someone investigated for possible terrorist ties recently and who lives in the area would seem to be an obvious stone. Then again hindsight is always 20/20 and this whole thing played out in just a few days. You sure don't want to go in with guns blazing and find out you've got the wrong guy.

Also, RE: the Craft dudes - Did it ever occur to you that maybe they were there as private security, because the Marathon is a huge and international event, and I'm sure there's some rich people out there who hire them.
    This is probably also why they were so obviously dressed, so they don't get shot by police.

You sure don't want to go in with guns blazing and find out you've got the wrong paper deliver lady and her mother.
    LAPD says, "You're fired!"
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

This tragedy has just started for many many people. Please, a moment of respect.

http://www.cityofboston.gov/news/default.aspx?id=6090

You would think so and FBI is going to get called out for missing this. Apparently there are not infallible. My source tells me, there is a hole in terms of tracking his type... investigated and cleared, but still suspect. Profiling is something they are given a lot of shit for, even though this guy fit the mold... Like I said, they are very upset with themselves for not stopping this one. No conspiracies, just a fuck up.

I'm trying to get more details about #2 at this party... It is known he was there the day after the bombings, so I'm sure FBI is all over UMASS Dartmouth. The kid said they were joking with him about how he looked like the suspect, but that would mean he was partying Thursday night, right after the vids were released, but before they got discovered. Doesn't make sense unless he left the party at nine and headed right to Cambridge. It's possible, but I admit, this part sounds like BS.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!