Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Blast ravaged a good Dorchester family.

http://www.dotnews.com/2013/ashmont-...irl-badly-hurt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Jer- You know MPPG put in a drunk disclaimer.
    Doesn't matter - I always assume he's severely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Yeti, Don't allow yourself to get so downtrodden over this...The fact is 99.9 percent of the people on planet Earth, no matter their nationality, skin color or creed, want these kind of heinous acts to happen. this is the cowardly act of a random few. Fuck them.
    Cute, keep drinking. It's fake terror and the war for your mind. The cowardly random few are our psychopathic leaders.

"Another thing those agents are responsible for, however, is plotting those very schemes.

The FBI has in recent years used trained informants not just to snitch on suspected terrorists, but to set them up from the get-go. A recent report put together by Mother Jones and the Investigative Reporting Program at the University of California-Berkley analyses some striking statistics about the role of FBI informants in terrorism cases that the Bureau has targeted in the decade since the September 11 attacks.

The report reveals that the FBI regularly infiltrates communities where they suspect terrorist-minded individuals to be engaging with others. Regardless of their intentions, agents are sent in to converse within the community, find suspects that could potentially carry out "lone wolf" attacks and then, more or less, encourage them to do so. By providing weaponry, funds and a plan, FBI-directed agents will encourage otherwise-unwilling participants to plot out terrorist attacks, only to bust them before any events fully materialize.

Additionally, one former high-level FBI officials speaking to Mother Jones says that, for every informant officially employed by the bureau, up to three unofficial agents are working undercover. "

Quote Originally Posted by reganized View Post
    Blast ravaged a good Dorchester family.

http://www.dotnews.com/2013/ashmont-...irl-badly-hurt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    I heard on the radio this morning that 8 year old Martin had just hugged his father to congratulate him. So sad.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This one.

Attachment 136570

Hard to look at
    Of all the pictures I've seen this one has been the most striking to me. Yesterday I had only seen the upper part of that picture and figured the lower part had been cropped out.
    The fact that the guy in the cowboy hat is litterally keeping the guy alive by holding his artery is incredible. The hollow look of shock on the victims pale face is saddening. You can tell he has lost a ton of blood.

Story about the cowboy hat guy here:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/boston-...ry?id=18963955

The fact that only 3 have died is amazing. The official responders and volunteers (bystanders and marathon medical personnel) who jumped into action deserve huge praise here for stablizing so many of these injuries in the street.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

from local15tv.com

University of Mobile's Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

"They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about," Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. "It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill."

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

"There was just smoke, another explosion went off," Stevenson said. "We all started running. There were people crying."

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

Comment: Update 16 April 2013

Local15TV have added the following details from Stevenson's testimony:

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He's been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

"Evidently, I don't believe they were just having a training exercise," Stevenson said. "I think they must have had some sort of threat or suspicion called in."

There are officials in South Station with body armor, assault rifles and bomb dogs every single day. Same with most places of mass gatherings. Maybe it's out of the ordinary in Mobile, but not around here. It would suck if there was a valid threat prior but having bomb dogs around is not a sign that they knew anything. I would find it more out of the ordinary if there weren't any.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

The report reveals that the FBI regularly infiltrates communities where they suspect terrorist-minded individuals to be engaging with others. Regardless of their intentions, agents are sent in to converse within the community, find suspects that could potentially carry out "lone wolf" attacks and then, more or less, encourage them to do so. By providing weaponry, funds and a plan, FBI-directed agents will encourage otherwise-unwilling participants to plot out terrorist attacks, only to bust them before any events fully materialize.
    Strange but I think the suspected terrorist minded individual has the option to say no and call the police himself.. no?

Mother Jones and IRP at Bezerkely...credible sources for sure.

Take it to Polyass....beat it kook....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1366121836.416525.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	136574
    From a local NH artist Dan Blakeslee

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-c...the-nazis-did/

Comments made starting around 3:40 are the things that make me very leery, especially because of whose mouth they are coming out of. CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN! INCREASE DEFENSE SPENDING!! says the chief from DHS.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    it could be a bitter american marathoner protesting getting his ass kicked by the africans every year.
    Muricans aren't good at anything anymore

Well except for killing sand niggers and creating toxic debt instruments. We're AWESOME at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    Muricans aren't good at anything anymore

Well except for killing sand niggers and creating toxic debt instruments. We're AWESOME at that.
    Don't forget AWESOME at creating food that is both unhealthy and cheap.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

my wife and I brought the kids in for a nice day of celebrating and watching the marathon. We were two blocks away when the explosions happened and got the hell out of there. Ended the day trying to convince them that the bad people won't be climbing in their window to hurt them. Shitty world.

Quote Originally Posted by AyasFreeski View Post
    Cute, keep drinking. It's fake terror and the war for your mind. The cowardly random few are our psychopathic leaders.

"Another thing those agents are responsible for, however, is plotting those very schemes.

The FBI has in recent years used trained informants not just to snitch on suspected terrorists, but to set them up from the get-go. A recent report put together by Mother Jones and the Investigative Reporting Program at the University of California-Berkley analyses some striking statistics about the role of FBI informants in terrorism cases that the Bureau has targeted in the decade since the September 11 attacks.

Additionally, one former high-level FBI officials speaking to Mother Jones says that, for every informant officially employed by the bureau, up to three unofficial agents are working undercover. "
    Put the pipe down, son. Jesus-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Yeti, Don't allow yourself to get so downtrodden over this...The fact is 99.9 percent of the people on planet Earth, no matter their nationality, skin color or creed, want these kind of heinous acts to happen. this is the cowardly act of a random few. Fuck them.

Just like with skiing: Never approach your day from a place of fear; be it looking down a 55 degree Alaskan spine, or walking down Copley square tomorrow.
    ...If that makes sense, i'm a lll' drunk.
    It's not very often that I agree with MPPG (mostly because he is antagonistic to every single thing I write, be it silly or serious), but I agree with him here. And unlike Jer, I am not so pin-headed to believe that he left out the key word "don't " on purpose. Just a simple mistake we've all made. The point was clear.

The Boston Bombing, Boston Massacre, whatever they're gonna start calling it, was of course a horrific event, but we can not, must not let such events take us even farther down the dead end road of fear that we are already traveling on and have been on since before 9/11. We cannot let such fear define us as a people, as a nation, for we are better than that...we deserve more than that.

Kooks will do kooky things...they always have and they always will. People are talking about complacency now. Complacency???? WTF? There is really nothing that can be done to prevent such lunacy. Just like Newtown, just like Aurora, etc. All we can do is mourn for those who were lost and injured and strive to carry on...carry ourselves forth and beyond this, as that is what we humans do best...we adapt. If we give in to fear and the call for even more stringent surreveilance, we are lost. We become strangled and neutered by our own fear.

The gruesome thing about this event was, like Newtown, that it was so pointless...so random. And yes, that's also the scary part...because, if it can happen there, like that, it can happen anywhere...in your town or mine.

But we cannot give in to fear of the random...to fear of something we cannot objectively fight. What are we supposed to do? Ban all garbage cans? We NEED garbage cans. Ban ballbearings?? We need those too. Explosives? Explosives can ALWAYS be had by those who want them enough...just like guns.

Already we have Echelon system that reads through all of our email text scouring for keywords (that's the pre-event "noise" that officials refer to), we already have too many biometric facial recognition cameras on our streets , and soon to be in the sky via drones. What is next? Thought Control Fahrenheit 451-style?

Kooky people do kooky things. Always have. We cannot build and control what is STILL a good and mostly free society around the random actions of a few kooks, otherwise we lose the very ideals that make us human.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Nice Blood on the Bricks with the American flag? Is that staged? Way to much symbolism there to be random
    That's one of those camp chairs still in its bag. Saw it in a pic taken from ground level. Maybe someone grabbed their 4th of July flag chair because it was Patriot Day? I really, really doubt people were taking the time to stage shots.

Don't know what's going to come of this, but if it turns out to be jihadist, I get the feeling this will not end well for them. I feel like the fact that nothing major has happened in the US since 9/11 has given them a slight reprieve from the full force of our wrath. Imagine if, God forbid, several of these events happened over the next couple months. Shit would get real for those freaks.

I still don't fully understand terrorism. So we're supposed to get all scared and do what? All convert to Islam? Engage in a holy war with some small, dispersed group of fundamentalists? Really, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Of all the pictures I've seen this one has been the most striking to me. Yesterday I had only seen the upper part of that picture and figured the lower part had been cropped out.
    The fact that the guy in the cowboy hat is litterally keeping the guy alive by holding his artery is incredible. The hollow look of shock on the victims pale face is saddening. You can tell he has lost a ton of blood.

Story about the cowboy hat guy here:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/boston-...ry?id=18963955

The fact that only 3 have died is amazing. The official responders and volunteers (bystanders and marathon medical personnel) who jumped into action deserve huge praise here for stablizing so many of these injuries in the street.
    It's too bad that most of you continue to turn this into a political argument to push your fucked-up, narrow minded agendas at a time when so many people are going through the worst; much like the Newtown shooting thread did with gun control. More people should be reporting and talking about stories like this guy, who is a hero coming from a life of tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    That's one of those camp chairs still in its bag. Saw it in a pic taken from ground level. Maybe someone grabbed their 4th of July flag chair because it was Patriot Day? I really, really doubt people were taking the time to stage shots.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

So who did it? I see nothing out there. Can this guy or people really just disappear?

Anyone with a conspiracy theory about this:
    You're an asshole.
    Seriously.

Not to mention the fact that if there was some sort of conspiracy, someone would have taken credit almost immediately for it, so it could be pinned on them.

So fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    You do that? Good job, whoever did it.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Anyone with a conspiracy theory about this:
    You're an asshole.
    Seriously.

Not to mention the fact that if there was some sort of conspiracy, someone would have taken credit almost immediately for it, so it could be pinned on them.

So fuck you.
    Agreed. Had to "unfriend" a couple facebook people over this. I've but up with their incessant conspiracy shit for long enough and this was the tipping point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by danimal's dead View Post
    So who did it? I see nothing out there. Can this guy or people really just disappear?
    Eric Rudolph hid out for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You do that? Good job, whoever did it.
    Can't take credit for it. But a tip of the cap to whoever did it.