Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

you may not have known craig

...however, don't let that prevent you from tipping a glass in his name. craig patterson worked for udot/uac as a in field forcaster. 2 days ago craig passed to the other side in what most will see as an unfortunate avalanche accident. i live in a bubble. it is no ones fault but my own. the freudians would say that it is a defense mechanism. they would be correct. today i just found out that my dear friend, craig patterson, was killed in an avalanche.. talk about bluebird bliss going from 10 to 0 in a blink of the eye!! we all knew Craig. telemark turn-a-matic. and like the stupid guppy coming up for air, i re-surface to encounter profound grief. we test our beliefs and sometimes we lose. much could be said about the selfless gifts of our dearest friends. without succumbing to the inevitable blather that surrounds the loss of greatness, i offer my simple bow to the memory of a great one, gathered into the folds of time.

a glass will be tipped here..

+vibes+
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Stuck in the Live Music Capital of the World
    RIP. Never met the man, but I'll tip one for him.

Sorry for your loss Slagg Master...
    Healing vibes out to his friends and family, very sad indeed.
    Sounds like he was a solid guy. Prost
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Well said Slaag, extremely well said. I was talking about it with a friend of mine on the chair today as we close down a very dry season in SV skiing wet sloppy corn and it seemed impossible and so distant but such a shitty part of this sport or life as it is for a lot of us.

Never met the guy but it's shitty when those who keep us safe perish.

May we all go doing something we love so much.

Vibes to his friends and family.

Sorry for your loss, I didn't know him, but if that's what he did for a living he helped/ saved many. I'll raise a glass to him and those left behind.

RIP.

Deepest condolences to those here that knew him and to his wife and little girl especially.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 04-12-2013 at 10:52 PM.

It's amazingly scary reading an accident report where I know I would make the same mistake. RIP Craig.

tipping, sorry man.

Craig was a friend of a friend of mine, sucks to read about this. Vibes, sorry for your loss

he is home
    watch out for snakes

Sorry Slaag. RIP Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Sorry Slaag. RIP Craig.
    sucks, sucks, sucks, always an eye opener when you realize someone as skilled as Craig can become a victim. Earlier this week I was thinking what a good year it has been safety wise. Does anybody know if they have set up an account to make donations to the family?

RIP. accident report is sobering

Craig was a very good friend of mine, my neighbor, and one of my main ski partners. I skied more with Craig this year than anyone else, and had some of the best ski days I can remember, I'm grateful for those memories. Craig was truly one of the best people I know. He was eternally psyched, and was genuinely psyched and interested in what others were doing. It was hard to be around him and not be in a good mood. He will be sorely missed by many. A memorial fund has been set up for his wife and 6 year old daughter at Key Bank, you can go into any Key Bank anywhere and tell them you want to donate to the Craig Patterson Memorial Fund. If you do not have a Key Bank near you and want to donate PM me and I can tell you where you can send a check (I don't want to post his address online).

Sobering. Thanks to Craig for looking out for us for so many years. Vibes to his family and friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    RIP. accident report is sobering
    indeed.

As I mentioned in the Obs thread; my most heartfelt condolences to his friends and family.

To me this incident is no different to an officer being killed in the line of duty and hope it is treated similarly, with the family getting the support they deserve and need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I will think of him next time I tip a glass. Condolences to all who knew him.

A memorial service to celebrate the life of Craig Patterson will take place Thursday, April 18th at 10am at the Albion Grill, Alta. Photos of Craig are welcome.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

There but for the grace of god go I. The picture posted in the article from today looks all too familiar. RIP Craig.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Preliminary report from UAC/UDOT http://utahavalanchecenter.org/avala...-kessler-slabs

Looks like the difference between life & death was about 2'. Sad situation. My condolences to his ski mates, friends and family.

Vibes from VT. RIP

RIP ...vibes to family and friends ..... such a shame......
    always forward but never straight