Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Chimney, good. Enchanted, one stretch of mud near the spring, totally rideable, bro.

We will be riding Mtn Lion soon if unwinter keeps up.

And snakes, mother fucking snakes
    Mt Lion in April would be some CRAZY-ASS shit.

Rode Hall today for the first time in a long time (wimpy way up and down Antelope), nice to be out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Mt Lion in April would be some CRAZY-ASS shit.
    My buddy rode Mule Deer in GGCSP today... ridiculous.

Heil Ranch was duuuusty today.

Did any snow accumulate in the lower trails near Golden? I am staring down the barrel of an office weekend both days but am hoping to at least fit in a quick ride on Saturday afternoon.

About an angry inch above Golden this AM.

Anyone been out at Hall Ranch in the last 24 hours? Was thinking of going out today around 3pm to take advantage of the clear skies, but I'm seeing conflicting information on trail conditions (BMA site is showing Hall as poor condition with mud/standing water as of this morning, but Redstone Cyclery tweeted "Perfect dirt at Hall Ranch right now" as of last night).
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Anyone been out at Hall Ranch in the last 24 hours? Was thinking of going out today around 3pm to take advantage of the clear skies, but I'm seeing conflicting information on trail conditions (BMA site is showing Hall as poor condition with mud/standing water as of this morning, but Redstone Cyclery tweeted "Perfect dirt at Hall Ranch right now" as of last night).
    I'd believe Redstone over the BMA website, those guys sit right at the base of it and ride it all the damn time.

I'm sure it's never been discussed before but who was the mastermind that named Hall right next to Heil?

The families that owned the ranches?

Interesting, I ride further South and don't ride there enough to have gotten the notion they were actually ranches previously. Then again I've been up Falcon hundreds of times and still not sure what the story about the summer white house is all about...

The fact that they're called Hall Ranch and Heil Ranch didn't clue you in?

Everything around here was a ranch at some point, we also have Walker Ranch and Joder Ranch and at least a couple more.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'd believe Redstone over the BMA website, those guys sit right at the base of it and ride it all the damn time.
    Yep. If Dave says it's GTG I'd believe that over a random BMA member.

How's it looking down there?Will things around Golden and Boulder be dry by Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    How's it looking down there?Will things around Golden and Boulder be dry by Sunday?
    Check the 303 Trail Monitor group on Facebook. Stuff around Lyons should be fine by tomorrow, Golden is wetter but things are drying fast and I'd bet there's plenty to ride by Sunday.

Yep, absolutely... should be perfect. I rode up around Loveland/Ft. Collins today and it was totally dry, but they got a little less snow/rain than Boulder.

powder/packed powder
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Sounds like Boulder is doing a pilot program for riding mountain bikes at Chautauqua. I’m pretty shocked!

It's cold and damp today. You can ride today, but you'll be cold and the trails will be a bit damp.
    There's your Front Range Trail Update.
    Be safe out there kids.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sounds like Boulder is doing a pilot program for riding mountain bikes at Chautauqua. I’m pretty shocked!
    Please tell me you're smarter than... Oh never mind.

The descent down the third flatiron is going to be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The descent down the third flatiron is going to be epic!
    Finally some steep-ish trails around here!!!
    However many are in a shit ton.

Betasso never fails to remind how great directional trails are in the right place.

Is it just me or has the Benjamin loop become more chunky over the years (not that it is now technical, but no longer all smooth). I'm sure it's been happening little by little, but I just noticed.

Just saw JeffCo is closing Longhorn Trail at White Ranch for bikes only. That’s pretty badass.

Just saw JeffCo is closing Longhorn Trail at White Ranch for bikes only. That’s pretty badass.
    Not only that, but downhill directional....
    Not the whole trail though, just from Shorthorn to Whippletree. Also the 2mi lollipop that COMBA is building on Dakota Ridge will be bike only.
    Progress.