Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Neighborhood dog won't leave & its owners are angry with us

This started around 2 months ago . My wife takes our pugs for their daily walk down the hill to a park by Issaquah creek. About a block down the hill there is a dog (australian shepard I thnk)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	734564_10200875898845856_434752480_n.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	135646 "Swimmy"
    that stands in front of the house in the street and follows our dogs & my wife to the park than back to our house. We have taken Swimmy back to her home over 20 times after she follows us home and won't leave. The guy that owns Swimmy seemed nice enough and my wife gave him some expensive dog food that our dogs didn't like. The owners of the dog seldom answer the door even though they are home. The dog did come in 1 time and ate some of our dogs food out of the plate but we do not feed her. The other night I was coming home from the gym on a rainy high 30's night @ 1130 and the dog was standing in the street in the rain. It makes me angry that people don't take better care of their dogs. So after listening to her whine outside we let her in a few nights ago and let her run around with our dogs for a while before taking her home. The owner said he was looking for her. We have told him multiple times where we live and that she comes over. Well tonight my sister came over and let Swimmy in and I was busy on the phone so she ran around the house for an hour and we were about to take her home and the kids that live in Swimmys house came and picked him up. This is where it gets weird.
    The wife (Swimmys mom whom we have never met) comes over and says that we are feeding her dog and that is really strange that we would let her in our house. She then threatens to call the police if Swimmy ever comes in our house again. My wife told her to get an electric fence like we have so her dog doesn't wonder. I got so mad I just walked away. I feel like all we have done is been nice to a neglected dog that gets no attention at home. I want to write her a letter but my wife says I shouldn't. Had the lady been nice about the whole thing I could have gotten a phone number and texted her when Swimmy is here. Now it will be awkward dealing with these assholes. I told her we have no intention of stealing her dog as we have brought her home many times. On top of it all I feel sorry for the dog. She loved playing with our dogs and that is now off.
    Last edited by Ski to Be; 03-30-2013 at 12:01 PM.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Some people are fucking assholes. Sorry dude.

Also, that photo is simultaneously sad and comical. I love dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Go ahead and call the cops. Swimmy is loose without a leash which is certainly an ordinance violation.

Id call animal control and ask them if theres any way you can adopt swimming, without the full consent of the owners, since they are obviously negligent.

Swimmy sounds like one smart pup that you wont regret making part of the pack if its possible.

Then again probably no way to do that without causing a huge shit show with the neighbors, but I've found dogs that adopt humans are usually pretty awesome dogs and are totally worth a BIT of a shitshow with some humans.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Yep all you can do is call animal control and nake sure they know who owns the dog. If they care about the dog they will listen and make sure the dog is fenced in and cared for well. Likely they won't and if you want the neighborhood dog you can have that one too cause they aren't going to fight hard for it.

Are they the vindictive kind of folks? If so, get ready you could be in for some fun, or depending on how you look at things, maybe snaky, sneaky shit from your neighbors.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 03-30-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Swimmy knows who is good and who is not.
    watch out for snakes

Just go over there with a bone and some beer... tell the owners the deal and how you want to make friends. Take it down a notch and everybody's happy?

Don't make the dogs suffer any more.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^^^Agreed.

I was camping out on a hippy farm(bunch of little cabins built on an old farm no longer being farmed, cuz hippies don't do physical labor and are hypocrites) ten years ago down south. This Aussie that lived on the farm used to come and hang out with me every day when I was around. It was flea ridden and generally neglected. Not abused, but neglected.

Anyway, I was leaving to move back North and I was so close to throwing the old pup in the front of my pickup and skipping town with her. I didn't though, and thinking about it now makes me a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    blah blah blah

eastside animal control needs some business.

Tou guys actually have a good idea. I'm so impressed that I almost have a hardon.

Obviously they see you letting their dog into your house as crossing the line. Yes, they sound like lame owners, but Swimmy is still their dog. Can you put a nice dog bed on your front porch where Swimmy can hang?

Smear dog shit under the door handles before sending Swimmy home. Opps wrong thread.

Actually I just had this happen yesterday. Clients dog got out went over to the neighbors who smeared shit all over it. Not sure to what purpose, but it really happened.

Sorry, but the only legal option is call animal control each time the dog comes over. After a few impound fees the owners "might" wise up.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Don't really want to blow this up or adopt the dog. . Just a little pissed
    at the women. All of the sudden they are concerned owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Don't really want to blow this up or adopt the dog. . Just a little pissed
    at the women. All of the sudden they are concerned owners?
    They're not concerned owners as in concerned for the welfare of their dog. They're concerned owners, as in concerned about protecting their property.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

By the way, how is the dog on your side of the window a "pug"???
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Also, don't assume that the dog is neglected just because he follows you home and hangs out. I have had neighbor dogs do that, and the owners' only "sin" was letting their dogs wander. The dogs were well cared for, and well loved, but liked to pay visits on the neighbors and hang out, especially when the owners were not home (but sometimes even when they were).

Not saying this dog isn't neglected, but just because he likes to hang out with you and your dogs doesn't prove it. And the owners do sound like jerks, but being a jerk to people doesn't make one a bad dog owner.

Black pug

get that dog some food that'll give em the hershey squirts. projectile diarrhea can be your friend and their foe.
    just an idea
    bF

So OP, where would you place Swimmys humans on the spectrum between yuppie and redneck?

I wonder if Swimmy is a point of conflict between wife and husband, and that spilled over to you...sounds like somebody is shirking their responsibility to keep him from running wild.

can you talk to husband alone and see if two guys can set up a back channel to make sure there is at least a détente and Swimmy doesn't end up as road kill.

And this seems appropriate

go to the pet store and buy a bunch of mixed breed puppies and tell your neighbors that their dog knocked up yours and they need to pay puppy support or you will call the police.

OR...

harden the f up and don't let some strange dog in your house to eat dinner.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Also, don't assume that the dog is neglected just because he follows you home and hangs out. I have had neighbor dogs do that, and the owners' only "sin" was letting their dogs wander. The dogs were well cared for, and well loved, but liked to pay visits on the neighbors and hang out, especially when the owners were not home (but sometimes even when they were).

Not saying this dog isn't neglected, but just because he likes to hang out with you and your dogs doesn't prove it. And the owners do sound like jerks, but being a jerk to people doesn't make one a bad dog owner.
    Letting dogs roam unsupervised is neglect. Dogs do not understand cars, roads, neighbors that don't like strange dogs visiting, coyotes, livestock if this is a rural area, etc.

The dog could be hit by a car, poisoned by a jerk neighbor, hurt in a fight with another dog or coyote, etc.

It IS neglect, and it is inconsiderate to others in the neighborhood. Not everyone likes dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    By the way, how is the dog on your side of the window a "pug"???
    I was wondering that also, one big wierd looking pug.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Letting dogs roam unsupervised is neglect. Dogs do not understand cars, roads, neighbors that don't like strange dogs visiting, coyotes, livestock if this is a rural area, etc.

The dog could be hit by a car, poisoned by a jerk neighbor, hurt in a fight with another dog or coyote, etc.

It IS neglect, and it is inconsiderate to others in the neighborhood. Not everyone likes dogs.
    Spare me the sanctimonious crap. I don't know anything of this guy's living situation (do you?), and if his neighborhood is urban, that's one thing. If it's rural, that's another. Letting a dog roam may be inappropriate or dangerous or inconsiderate; I called it a "sin" after all. But that doesn't automatically mean "neglect", not in the way the OP was talking about (as in not loved, not getting attention, etc).

I'm not going to judge someone I don't know with many missing facts, but you obviously have no problem doing so. Do you call the local humane society and report every outdoor cat that you see?

Bitch is gonna call the cops on YOU? For letting their dog THAT THEY LET JUST ROAM AROUND in your house?

Here's my advise:

If the dog looks neglected (skinny, flinchy) I'd dognap the pooch and take him to a rescue or a cousin or somewhere where he's going to actually be cared for, then I'd hit the bitch owner in the head with a framing hammer.

If the dog's just roaming around because the owner is a dumb bitch I'd tell her to shut her dumb bitch pie hole, then I'd hit her in the head with a framing hammer.