Page 1356 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 ... LastLast
Results 33,876 to 33,900 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    My own mind.

Friday I did a double ride and returned to have to break down a shifter. I'm working away in the garage and hear "Oh you scared me". I jump because it scarred (startled) the crap out of me. Turn around and there is some sort of solicitor. I've got bearings and micro Shimano parts in my hand and say, "Sorry, it isn't a good time for a solicitor now. "She yells, "Oh, Okay, it is a bad time for a black person to come to your house". I say, "No, it isn't race, it's me working with small parts and timing." She goes from my house to the black guy across the streets house screaming about me being a racists the whole way. Since that time, I'm replaying the thing in my head and thinking how that could have gone better. Little shit people say and do occupy too much time in my head. Wish I wasn't wired that way.
    Sounds like a few folks here on TGR! Perhaps the young lady spends her free time hanging out in PolyAss.

In all seriousness, though. That's messed up. What an a-hole. The term "racist" gets thrown around way too often. It's hurtful, most often unwarranted, and is just used a way to shut people down. "Don't have a rebuttal or dislike someone for offending your precious sensibilities? Just call them a racist! Then they can't do/say anything back to you. If they try and defend themselves? Just call them racists for attempting to defend themselves. Then call them racists again for having the audacity to point out they are married to a black person, or mostly have black friends, etc. Are they black themselves and you still find yourself disagreeing with them? No problem! Just accuse them of INTERNAL racism! Boom! Check mate." Yup. That's how it goes these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Painting everyone with the broad brush of racism really hurts their credibility. People who do this just start to sound like a bunch of snowflake Karen's. No matter had hard one may try, calling me a racist doesn't make me one.
    Um, if multiple people, on separate occasions, have called you a racist, I would stop blaming them and take a hard look inside yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Um, if multiple people, on separate occasions, have called you a racist, I would stop blaming them and take a hard look inside yourself.
    Actually never been called a racist, I was speaking to these broad generalizations that if your not POC your a racist.

While I was self employed, I was giving an employee a ride home and I was followed by a cop for quite some time, finally was like fuck it and pulled into a 7-11, cop followed, did nothing but give us the stink eye. Mark apologizes to me explaining it was his fault. I'm like, what crap, he's like man that is the way it is. Eye opening.

Get to his place and we hang out on the stoop enjoying a cold one. Now as his neighbors walk by they are looking at me funny. Finally Mark says, "he's cool, he's not one of them." That was the 90's we have a long way to go. There are good and bad people out there, give people a chance before you start with your unsubstantiated judgments.

Sorry Super that you have been called a racist multiple times, I'm sure your a decent guy.

I had a dog who was a racist. God rest his soul, he passed a few years ago, but he didn't like African-American people.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Actually never been called a racist, I was speaking to these broad generalizations that if your not POC your a racist.

While I was self employed, I was giving an employee a ride home and I was followed by a cop for quite some time, finally was like fuck it and pulled into a 7-11, cop followed, did nothing but give us the stink eye. Mark apologizes to me explaining it was his fault. I'm like, what crap, he's like man that is the way it is. Eye opening.

Get to his place and we hang out on the stoop enjoying a cold one. Now as his neighbors walk by they are looking at me funny. Finally Mark says, "he's cool, he's not one of them." That was the 90's we have a long way to go. There are good and bad people out there, give people a chance before you start with your unsubstantiated judgments.

Sorry Super that you have been called a racist multiple times, I'm sure your a decent guy.
    Nah man, I’ve never been called a racist. Everyone is racist though, so people who say they aren’t are delusional or lying. Only difference is people who actively work on it vs people who don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I had a dog who was a racist. God rest his soul, he passed a few years ago, but he didn't like African-American people.
    Racist dogs definitely exist. It’s trained into them by how their owners react.

My current pup does not exhibit these tendencies.

Fuck Microsoft for continually changing where they hide the setting to get rid of the fucking Bing Toolbar.

Last time I did this it was hidden in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows\Explorer
    But that path no longer exists

If any of you IT dentist know where it's hidden, please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Ok Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Ok Larry
    Haha. I remember that one:

ebay charging sales tax annoys me.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Haha. I remember that one:

Ha. I never saw that episode, but I know how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    ebay charging sales tax annoys me.
    You have to pay the Man. You think the Feds have a money tree growing in the basement of the Eccles Building?

It's prolly just me...

It annoys me when a friend calls and leaves a voicemail. (Where I come from, common sense requires that if I hear a VM prompt I hang up and text any message if appropriate)

It annoys me even more that I'm too stupid to figure out how to gently explain these things to the offenders...

Change your VM message.

"The number you have dialed does not have voicemail setup"

"The voicemailbox is full. Goodbye"

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    It's prolly just me...

It annoys me when a friend calls and leaves a voicemail. (Where I come from, common sense requires that if I hear a VM prompt I hang up and text any message if appropriate)

It annoys me even more that I'm too stupid to figure out how to gently explain these things to the offenders...
    Everyone has different "rules" when it comes to stuff like this, and it's annoying to try and remember everyone's personal rule. On my end, if a friend calls, I would like them to leave a VM if they want me to return the call. Seems silly to expect them to hang up, open a different program, and type a message to me when they can spend 10-20-30 seconds leaving a message. It's not like it is hard for me to listen to a VM.

But again, that's my personal preference, the fact that everyone has their preference and gets annoyed when someone doesn't communicate in their preferred way is annoying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Voicemail to text is the answer. Plus it occasionally leads to some hilariously poor translations.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Voicemail to text is the answer. Plus it occasionally leads to some hilariously poor translations.
    This. Solves everything... except when it's *completely* indecipherable.

Guy I worked with used to dictate medical notes into a voice to text program. He spoke English well but with a thick Trinidad accent which led to some hilarious notes. I guess those programs can be taught if you bother to read and correct your notes but he didn't have the patience for that. This was years ago and I suppose the programs are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    the fact that everyone has their preference and gets annoyed when someone doesn't communicate in their preferred way is annoying.
    Haha. Seriously!!!

Having posts that I've checked to multi-quote show up in my posts, post after post after post is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    try and remember everyone's personal [preference]
    I believe I can help with that. All normal people under the age of 65 prefer text. Others don't mind if what they do gets mixed in and results in similar urgency as the random salesmen and robocallers.

I believe I can help with that. All normal people under the age of 65 prefer text. Others don't mind if what they do gets mixed in and results in similar urgency as the random salesmen and robocallers.
    So 'normal' is a desire of the young folk these days? I do miss when 'Why be normal?' was the mantra of a generation
    <sigh> Youth is wasted on the young.

Ain't nothing wrong with bucking the norm, just that it would be memorable.

Let's take the next reader of these messages as an example. Maybe they like driving down the freeway at the truck speed limit instead of the car speed limit. Ain't nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, if me and Danno were the passengers, we'd tend to be able to remember that.

Ain't nothing wrong with bucking the norm, just that it would be memorable.

Let's take the next reader of these messages as an example. Maybe they like driving down the freeway at the truck speed limit instead of the car speed limit. Ain't nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, if me and Danno were the passengers, we'd tend to be able to remember that.
    Well shit I’m not that old yet.

So my wife was giving me some grief (more likely i was being a douche) and I told her she;d better watch out or she may come home someday and find I've packed my bags and left. I got a woot woot in response. No respect.

Phew, looks like I'm under 65. Much prefer text. Hate talking on the phone. But if you're calling me, leave a voicemail. I won't be mad if they don't but text, but I'm certainly not annoyed by a voicemail.

But this is my personal preference, and other people feel differently, which is annoying..
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy