Page 1171 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 ... LastLast
Results 29,251 to 29,275 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Not to get too poliass but I just realized that after the government footed about 3 BILLION tax payer dollars to help GM develop and sell the Chevy Volt, they've now decided to scrap that car and bring us what now? A new and substantially LARGER Chevy Tahoe, a new Suburban, even more SUVs and crossovers, and are trying to get out of the sedan market all together for the most part.

...dicks.

I can't wait until the next oil price surge royally screws over and bankrupts GM and Ford. But this time without the government bailout that GM got last time. Screw them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    How many people do you know who drive, or even drove a Volt, vs how many Tahoes and Suburbans and GM pickup trucks do you see every day?

Man, all this whining about flying problems belongs in the first world problems thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Man, all this whining about flying problems belongs in the first world problems thread.
    Bunster, you been in an airport lately? It ain't really first world anymore.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    no shit, it's more akin to what a Greyhound terminal was in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Yeah, yeah, back and forth to Rome a month ago. I hate fucking flying with a passion. Leave it at that. As far as bags, whatever. Just, how much will it cost me, and pull out my card. Because, since I'm not like a lot of people here, I fly at most twice a year, and every fucking time, it's different.

Like, OK, this trip to Rome. American both ways. One non carry on 60 bucks and second 100 going out from JFK. Coming back, nothing. Could have had four bags full of grappa and good shit. Who knows?

X

All this airport/flying annoying shit is getting me anxious about my flight Sunday.
    My wife booked everything, hopefully she didn’t fall for any super duper low rate fare bullshit.

Jetblue, so should be ok I hope.

If not there is always booze to get me through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I am sure the agent was not the source of the issue for each person in front of you that took forever.
    Definitely not, but the guy wasn't exactly interested in answering questions, so it's hard for me to believe others got much more info out of him. Guess that didn't stop them from trying...

It turned out that was a hotel where they dump people en masse when there are flight issues. Everything about the experience was a shitshow, except for the room itself, which was nice for a decent price.
    The hotel they put us up in was really nice, other than being right next to the airport with nothing else around. They had a buffet dinner that night for us that wasn't bad at all and the complimentary breakfast the next morning was superb. It certainly could have been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    All this airport/flying annoying shit is getting me anxious about my flight Sunday.
    My wife booked everything, hopefully she didn’t fall for any super duper low rate fare bullshit.

Yeah, based on this thread you're fucked. I'm pretty sure this is gonna cost you at least $300 more at the counter, if you even get there because the line is so long. Then another long fucking line awaits where as a finale TSA will grab your balls so hard you'll feel like puking, and finally at the gate your boarding pass won't scan properly so you'll get reassigned to a middle seat next to a smelly hippie chick with a raging cold, then about 1 hr into your flight an engine will catch on fire and cause the plane to plunge into the icy waters of Lake Ontario.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    I've moved past this by the way. Even if I'm carrying a bag on with me as long as I can spare a few minutes at the destination I gate check my bag. It's free. Now I have noting to carry and no reason to board fast (even nicer with multiple flights. I'll hang out in the waiting area till the last second then slide into my seats after everyone else has been sitting there 20 minutes. Far more chill...

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jet Blue? You're fucked. For some reason Jet Blue is the preferred airline for people taking little kids to see the grandparents at xmas. Then they don't buy seats for the little ones but turn them loose once you're in the air. You might want to just take an Uber.

I live close enough to the MSU football stadium that the announcements during games sound like they're taking place in my house. I have never felt strongly one way or the other about football until recently, but now I can safely say that I hate it. And I definitely wish that the team would lose and this could be all over for the year.

In the same vein, what's with people talking about teams with "we did this" and "we did that". No you didn't, you didn't do a goddamned thing besides get your ears blown out at the game.

come on man. what, maybe six games, three hours each?

Oh, man, yeah, it's not a lot at all and I was just saying the same thing to my wife. It's incredibly easy to get away from it for the most part yet I still complain.

But... this is the "shit that annoys you" thread, not the "shit that has meaningful negative effects on your life" thread. It's like stubbing my toe except instead of mild pain, it's an announcer screaming "Bobcats!" coupled with the cheesiest fake wildcat growl I've ever heard.

In this vein, you can hear the Wednesday and Saturday rodeo announcer everywhere in town here, and it’s pretty cheesy.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ...next to a smelly hippie chick with a raging cold...
    Actually re-watched Alice's Restaurant recently...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    In this vein, you can hear the Wednesday and Saturday rodeo announcer everywhere in town here, and it’s pretty cheesy.
    As loud, annoying stuff goes, I think we've got it pretty easy in our little western towns. It's a small price to pay for what we get, et cetera, et cetera. I won't pay the price of being in town on July 4, though - Baghdad or South Philly would be more calm and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    As loud, annoying stuff goes, I think we've got it pretty easy in our little western towns. It's a small price to pay for what we get, et cetera, et cetera. I won't pay the price of being in town on July 4, though - Baghdad or South Philly would be more calm and quiet.
    We had a place in Alder Creek for 3 years and I loved working in the yard having a cigar hearing the PA for the ‘cats. Pretty unique situation with the playoffs this year, go cats!

Ear worms.

Had this stuck in my head since yesterday.

Must....pass....on....

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

^ will not click.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^ will not click.
    Come on now... you know you wanna...... sing it with me....

Christmas is the time to say "I love you"
    Share the joys of laughter and good cheer
    Christmas is the time to say "I love you"
    And a feeling that will last all through the year

It's a great video - all the original MTV VJs. Very 1980
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Come on now... you know you wanna...... sing it with me....
    Name:  3ABE2026-A3C8-41CF-BCF6-8999D9E3EEDD.jpeg
Views: 333
Size:  70.0 KB

Just once. Once. Let the wife be on time.
    I still call it The Jake.

It annoys me I know MTV didn’t launch until 1981

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It annoys me I know MTV didn’t launch until 1981
    And it annoys me to say this:

as do I but it was meant as the decade as a whole. Those styles hardly ended after 12 months. Suppose I should have put and "ish" on the end.