Page 1595 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 ... LastLast
Results 39,851 to 39,875 of 46281
    People that don't use the right turn lane.

People that half-ass the left turn lane.

Probably already covered in the thread.

#11, 12, and 13 Killed. I no longer am a live and let live type. I am 100% kill. There are far more than I ever imagined. I watch youtube video's on rats, I surf the web for rat info. What is it, 1000 hours of something and you become an expert. I am well on my way. In the beginning I wasn't catching them. Now I fill my traps daily. I have resigned to the fact that the battle will never end, this is my new normal. My truck goes into the the shop next Thursday to dismantle the ventilation system to clean it out-can't drive my truck anymore without the windows open. At that point whatever is in there needs to be out and a new system to prevent future residents will be put into place.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    People that don't use the right turn lane.

People that half-ass the left turn lane.

Probably already covered in the thread.

Was the beneficiary of a heretofore not seen variation: two lanes, I'm on the inside passing a car that's signaling to turn right; suddenly realize they're swinging reeeaaaaly wide, as in to my lane and squeezing me up on to the center divider. Now I'm on alert for such behavior - suspect it's more common than I realized.

And of course it was a geezer driver.
    Last edited by PB; 11-03-2022 at 06:23 PM.

I had a Business Meeting (TM) today and I forgot to pack a nice shirt with me, so I Google the local mall which says open at 10 am. I get there at 10:05 and the place is all shut down. There’s a handwritten not that says “new hours 11 am to 9 pm.”

Cool, cool, cool. Security guy comes by and I ask him how long have the new hours been, and he said SIX MONTHS! WTF. Update your website people.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Was the beneficiary of a heretofore not seen variation: two lanes, I'm on the inside passing a car that's signaling to turn right; suddenly realize they're swing reeeaaaaly wide, as in to my lane and squeezing me up on to the center divider. Now I'm on alert for such behavior - suspect it's more common than I realized.
    Yeah, it's pretty common. Maybe these people are all used to driving a semi or school bus? You certainly don't need to do that in a normal passenger car.

I have a pet theory that all this chaos (on the road and society generally) is because HIgh Schools rarely now if ever offer Drivers Ed. It was boring but at least everyone got on the same page yielding their left turns to oncoming traffic and had some idea of the consequences of poor driving thanks to those horrific Highway Patrol videos. This theory is based on my highly scientific anecdotal science

On the plus side, if you want someone’s insurance to buy you a new car just find an intersection that people abuse the left turn take your no turn right away to the bank

maybe this deserves its own thread, but...

Suicide. It annoys the fuck out of me that you almost never see mention that someone took their own life. I got a notice from my kid's school today about the death of an 11th grader, and reading between the lines it sure seems like she took her own life.

I think it is so much harder to discuss suicide and mental health, and so much harder for people to see what a real problem it is, when we cannot even acknowledge that someone killed themself. But there's such a stigma about suicide that people never want to acknowledge it.

But maybe there is something I am missing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Oh man. That’s tough. I think it’s hard for families to talk about because of the stigma around it, so they talk around what actually happened, which makes it harder for other people to talk about it. And around and around. I’ve lost a couple people close to me because of this and it’s really difficult for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    how about someone who is anxious ?
    My wife did grand-jury with a person who was "just anxious" [really a lot more than that word implies] and her impression was that this person would have had a very difficult time living a reasonably normal life without the dog.

So, IMO Danno's advice is super relevant.

You just don't know someone else's story.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    My wife did grand-jury with a person who was "just anxious" [really a lot more than that word implies] and her impression was that this person would have had a very difficult time living a reasonably normal life without the dog.

So, IMO Danno's advice is super relevant.

You just don't know someone else's story.
    As much as I'm annoyed by the fucktards that abuse the service dog (animal?!?!?!?) classification, I must admit that there are people who are unable to interact with people very well and having companion helps them overcome this. I propose including such dogs as therapy dogs, but ONLY after rigorous vetting. "Emotional support" is not a thing.

sure it is

you’re one of my emotional support maggots
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Does he have to wear a vest?

The song "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac is really starting to annoy the shit out of me.

Christmas music everywhere. The hell has started.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Christmas music everywhere. The hell has started.
    Headphones ftw. Noise canceling on and I just meander my way thru my store chores. Added benefit is chumps are less inclined to attempt to engage me in convo with headphones applied.

The Mike Lee vs McMullin race this year has been super annoying. First of all it's Mike Lee, who is probably one of the most punchable people I've seen, but secondly, I get a phone call, text and mailer EVERY SINGLE DAY from some nut job group supporting Lee. I wish I had saved them all since some of them are down right entertaining in their weirdness.

Fucking Mike Lee. Waste of skin amoral salad tossing d bag (not that there’s anything wrong with salad tossing in the right opportunity)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah I was one of the "RINOs" who registered republican in order to participate in primaries, and now I'm on every goddamn one of their calling lists. Endless spam.

Fuck Mike Lee, such a piece of trash

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I like the system in VT where I don't have to register any party affiliation. I can submit any party primary ballot I want, but only one. I voted for John Kasich in 2016 and Bill Weld in 2020 primaries. I fully expect to vote for Darth Vader's daughter in the 2024 primary.

Threads by DSM

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I like the system in VT where I don't have to register any party affiliation. I can submit any party primary ballot I want, but only one. I voted for John Kasich in 2016 and Bill Weld in 2020 primaries. I fully expect to vote for Darth Vader's daughter in the 2024 primary.
    Colorado is like this if you're registered "Unaffiliated."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty common. Maybe these people are all used to driving a semi or school bus? You certainly don't need to do that in a normal passenger car.
    Real good odds that they drive a 50’ motorhome.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Does he have to wear a vest?

The song "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac is really starting to annoy the shit out of me.
    https://house-music-podcasts.podster...rning-man-2017

And I cannot stand fwm. This moment turned me.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    suddenly realize they're swinging reeeaaaaly wide, as in to my lane and squeezing me up on to the center divider.
    And of course it was a geezer driver.
    I'm seeing this a lot lately - from all age groups - in cars as small as the 1st and 2nd gen Imprezas that are ubiquitous here. Probably a monkey see, monkey do element to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I have a pet theory that all this chaos (on the road and society generally) is because HIgh Schools rarely now if ever offer Drivers Ed.
    A handful of my friends' kids have just gone through this phase, and driver's ed is alive and well in my town. But they basically only teach the test, and apparently most of the kids are entirely disinterested in actually acquiring the skills to properly control the machine.

Shit that annoys you

You don’t need to do that with almost any vehicle, excepting the semi and school bus examples. I almost got smacked yesterday by some guy with a 16ft trailer doing the same thing. He was turning left from the left lane. I was in the right lane. He goes way wide into my lane. No obstacles and no opposing traffic, turning onto a wide empty road. I’d like to get into their head and thought process and fix it.

When I took drivers ed, I distinctly remember the instructor telling everybody that you don’t have to do that with modern cars. You travel straight in your lane, and when you want to turn in a direction you ONLY turn in that direction. I dunno what the modern cars bit is really about, but maybe that was just to acknowledge that parents or whoever might have instructed them to do that.
    focus.

Maybe it's the car equivalent of prancersizing??