Page 1447 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 ... LastLast
Results 36,151 to 36,175 of 46183
    I think it’s neat how one pandemic turned so many people into revolutionaries, quack theorists and infectious disease doctors all at the same time.

Wait, no I don’t.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    In my absence:
    FIL (93) & MIL (91) being visited by nephew and wife come into inlaws house, clearly marked with "masks required" on the door, not wearing masks.
    Claim that masks don't work and COVID is not all that bad. Guess which political party nephew and wife support.

Inlaws had just been diagnosed with COVID contracted by MIL after her hospital stay, she's recovering from a broken tailbone and can't walk.

This just blows me away, far more idiotic and egregious than Jan. 6, Q or white supremacy. The USA is fucked.
    Seems like the castle doctrine would apply.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I think it’s neat how one pandemic turned so many people into revolutionaries, quack theorists and infectious disease doctors all at the same time.

Wait, no I don’t.
    You forgot constitutional law scholars.

Maybe they stand to inherit some of their estate and are just trying to accelerate things?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Maybe they stand to inherit some of their estate and are just trying to accelerate things?
    Boy, that's twice in one week I've been forced to remember cases from dentistry school.

I bet one of the other orthodontists here can recall better than me, but there was this case where a guy either killed or had his father killed in the hopes of accelerating his inheritance of some land. Apparently the law thought that was a bad idea and disallowed it.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Except in this case the olds are the potentially infectious party. Masks are required to keep the visitors safe.

I don’t have any horseradish

it would go good with my steak
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Wait, no I don’t.
    When this all started going down I actually had the fleeting hope that it could unite us. I couldn't believe that something that had the potential to kill millions would actually end up being divisive. God, I'm naïve.

My AppleTV remote. The fucking thing has one of those touchpads that takes up the bulk of the remote that is so sensitive that if you breathe on it you're not only backed out of whatever you were watching on tv, but now you're in a new app and there's no way back to what you were watching.

Also, I hate that I have to click through about 10 different user screens and app screens just to turn on the damned tv. What user is turning the thing on? What user is using this app? What would you like to watch on the app? Oh live TV? That will be 3 more submenus then you get to see our suggested guide and not the one you need. Go back and reset if you want that. FFS I sound like one of you old fucks.

My AppleTV remote. The fucking thing has one of those touchpads that takes up the bulk of the remote that is so sensitive that if you breathe on it you're not only backed out of whatever you were watching on tv, but now you're in a new app and there's no way back to what you were watching.

Also, I hate that I have to click through about 10 different user screens and app screens just to turn on the damned tv. What user is turning the thing on? What user is using this app? What would you like to watch on the app? Oh live TV? That will be 3 more submenus then you get to see our suggested guide and not the one you need. Go back and reset if you want that. FFS I sound like one of you old fucks.
    Okay so I have this same remote and yes as an avid remote-fidgeter-while-watching-TV I hate it too. Apple got a lot of shit for this thing and the new remote is MUCH better. However, you have crossed over from hardware design complaining to being a typical boomer who needs a lesson in their tech.

Use the Apple TV app. You can have it exclude shit you're not paying for, but all your streaming shit will show up there. One click away - loads right in to Netflix or DIsney+ or whatever app you need and starts the show. And even if that doesn't work for you and you do have to select the right account and then find something to watch, it's still miles better than what we used to have to do with actually arranging our lives around Thursday 9pm Seinfeld or setting the VCR and hoping nobody messes with it before your show gets taped.

Oh and if you do click that remote accidentally to get back to what you were watching double-click the screen button, scroll 1 app over and click the touchpad and you'll be back in whatever you were watching. I can do this in about 1/2 a second thanks to repeated practice with this terrible, awful, remote.

A good remote and menu app would have some harmless fidget buttons built in. I just need it to do something, anything, but not interfere with my program.

Despite being vaxxed, my wife caught Covid back on the 17th. She isolated, and myself and the kids didn't get it. However as close contacts they had to isolate for ten days, since they only have had their first shot(both under 12). So out of school from the 18th thru the 24th. They went back to school Monday of this week, and yesterday my youngest had a close contact and is out again thru next Tuesday. Hoping she doesn't come down with it, which will then pull the oldest out again as well. They both get their second shot early next week. Looking forward to everyone being fully vaxxed and then it's just a negative test and good to go back if exposed. Luckily the youngest is a great student and the teachers have been great about getting them lessons and virtual classroom work.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Okay so I have this same remote and yes as an avid remote-fidgeter-while-watching-TV I hate it too. Apple got a lot of shit for this thing and the new remote is MUCH better. However, you have crossed over from hardware design complaining to being a typical boomer who needs a lesson in their tech.

Use the Apple TV app. You can have it exclude shit you're not paying for, but all your streaming shit will show up there. One click away - loads right in to Netflix or DIsney+ or whatever app you need and starts the show. And even if that doesn't work for you and you do have to select the right account and then find something to watch, it's still miles better than what we used to have to do with actually arranging our lives around Thursday 9pm Seinfeld or setting the VCR and hoping nobody messes with it before your show gets taped.

Oh and if you do click that remote accidentally to get back to what you were watching double-click the screen button, scroll 1 app over and click the touchpad and you'll be back in whatever you were watching. I can do this in about 1/2 a second thanks to repeated practice with this terrible, awful, remote.
    This Gen X luddite appreciates this info! I'll give it a go tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    A good remote and menu app would have some harmless fidget buttons built in. I just need it to do something, anything, but not interfere with my program.
    I just want a remote that doesn't have a bunch of stupid useless features on it
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I just want a remote that doesn't have a bunch of stupid useless features on it
    Actually, I'm arguing for a section of the remote that is exactly that. Primary section is where all the useful stuff is in a logical, well thought out functional design. Then a fidget section where I can harmlessly push buttons that light up lights or do something silly that is rewarding but doesn't interfere with the viewing. Otherwise I keep switching channels or go on my phone and end up not catching all of my show.. I need something to fidget with. And probably some weed medicine. Or both.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Actually, I'm arguing for a section of the remote that is exactly that. Primary section is where all the useful stuff is in a logical, well thought out functional design. Then a fidget section where I can harmlessly push buttons that light up lights or do something silly that is rewarding but doesn't interfere with the viewing. Otherwise I keep switching channels or go on my phone and end up not catching all of my show.. I need something to fidget with. And probably some weed medicine. Or both.
    Check out the Logitech Harmony Companion. The top buttons (just below the top row) are all programmable…

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...companion.html

Edit: sorry to lead you on with that one, it appears it is discontinued.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    This annoys me. Been a long time user of the Harmony remotes and they nuked the whole product line. Works great for TV, Roku, Denon, and such. Not interested in setting up a smart device like Alexa to replace it. Hoping the remote lasts a while longer before I have to figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Oh sunnuva. That was actually a solid remote. GREAT tactile feel. Something that Apple could learn a lot from. I also haaaate the AppleTV remotes. Great product, but maddening remote.

On an iPhone slide down from the right upper corner and use your phone as the remote. Cmon man
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    On an iPhone slide down from the right upper corner and use your phone as the remote. Cmon man
    Not tactile. Some of us like contoured, soft buttons to fondle while we browse or watch.

Wait, what?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Companies that spam the fuck out of you, but then when you unsubscribe say "please allow 3 days/2 weeks/etc for this request to take effect". Like, wtf? It's just a goddam automated switch to flip, it is not like a TPS report must make its way through the bureaucracy and get approved by 5 middle management suckups.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Or its possible they have the same servers TGR uses.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Bought some ski boots w/ Tech fittings, grip walk soles. No walk mode... WTF? Kryptons, should have read the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Companies that spam the fuck out of you, but then when you unsubscribes say "please allow 3 days/2 weeks/etc for this request to take effect". Like, wtf? It's just a goddam automated switch to flip, it is not like a TPS report must make its way through the bureaucracy and get approved by 5 middle management suckups.
    Yeah - I've found it to be *way* easier to just filter that shit and not deal with unsubscribing...

Bastards.