Page 1148 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 ... LastLast
Results 28,676 to 28,700 of 46195
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Writing this reply was annoying--there's a couple of different laptops I use and when I go from one to the other I can never find home position, always correcting typos. Which is funny because I have guitars with very different necks and fingerboards and have not trouble going from one to another.
    Hah. Others disagree, but one of my favorite things about my thinkpad is I can buy thinkpad keyboards. Desktops and laptops and docking stations all have the same keyboard. It’s fantastic.
    focus.

In the old days, the answer would be - We don't get that channel.

Growing up without cable, that was a fairly common response.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

"I watch sports while fucking around on the internet, so no, I haven't seen that show."

that usually ends it right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    In the old days, the answer would be - We don't get that channel.

Growing up without cable, that was a fairly common response.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    /The modern equivalent--"My cable provider dropped that channel in a dispute over money."

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I think you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.
    Seriously. Having to think 10 steps ahead just to avoid some lighthearted, casual conversation? Sheesh. Guy must be fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That’s fair enough. From this side, it’s a tough thing to head off that doesn’t feel dickish. I’m not sure what is least off-putting: “I don’t watch TV.” Or “I don’t watch YOUR TV.” Or just a simple “no, haven’t seen it,” which leads to “no, I’m not going to ever watch that.” And then boring you with my haughty “I only watch Netflix and Amazon Prime.”

Just.... I don’t have TV. It’s a non-starter you well-meaner you, and I’m too awkward generally to find a gentle way to steer you toward mutually productive topics.
    Obviously hauteur.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Doing some online holiday shopping at Pottery Barn and I find the perfect felted cat ornament for my GF.

Click, click, click, it's in my basket with several other items.

Go to checkout and it turns out the ornament for my GF is only available for instore pickup. A hassle but okay, I want it, it's cute and the price is within the amount we spend on each other so I buy it.

10 mins later I get an email from PB saying it's not available for pickup at that store and to choose another only they don't give me an option, I have to do an ever increasing radius search until they finally let me know the nearest store is in PORTLAND OREGON!

WTF? Why is it even on their site? Why doesn't it just say "not available in Washington? It's a small little ornament why don't they have thousands of then in a warehouse for shipping? Also the listing for that item and the others I bought that ARE available for shipping says if I enter a code provided I will get 30% off but when I entered the code it tells me my items don't qualify. Really annoyed about this.

Name:  felt-glitter-antler-cat-ornament-c.jpeg
Views: 302
Size:  36.8 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Every once in a while when I read the comments on a news article in our local paper, it ruins my faith in humanity. So odd the things people feel the need to be offended over.

Maybe this should be in that other thread, "TTAYBS", and hopefully, some day "TTAYBDA".

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Every once in a while when I read the comments on a news article in our local paper, it ruins my faith in humanity. So odd the things people feel the need to be offended over.

Maybe this should be in that other thread, "TTAYBS", and hopefully, some day "TTAYBDA".
    If you want to lose your faith in humanity, join Nextdoor and read the bitching from your neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Obviously hauteur.
    Maybe not for him, but it certainly is for some.

CBD energy products. What?

Next will be cocaine infused sleeping tonics.

Getting a bit out of control with the CBD shit. It’s the new “green” or “organic” or “GMO Free”. Means absolutely nothing other than a word to put on a label to sell it to schmucks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Seriously. Having to think 10 steps ahead just to avoid some lighthearted, casual conversation? Sheesh. Guy must be fun at parties.
    Not as much fun as the guy in college who fantasized about being a proctologist and used to show up at parties wearing rubber gloves and asking people if he could do rectal exams on them. I am not making this up.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you want to lose your faith in humanity, join Nextdoor and read the bitching from your neighbors.
    The big bitch on our Nextdoor (other than the usual warnings about dark people in the neighborhood) is people parking in front of other people's houses on a public street. People get extremely angry if the spot in front of their house is occupied. (In SF you're doing well if yo can park within a half mile of your house.)

The big bitch on our Nextdoor (other than the usual warnings about dark people in the neighborhood) is people parking in front of other people's houses on a public street. People get extremely angry if the spot in front of their house is occupied. (In SF you're doing well if yo can park within a half mile of your house.)
    Friend in LA just got keyed for parking in front of his neighbors house as friends spot was taken. Wasn't just a small scratch, looks like some drunk was playing tic-tac-toe on his driver door. I think I was more angry seeing the photo than my friend was. "You don't mess with another man's car....or parking spot"

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Friend in LA just got keyed for parking in front of his neighbors house as friends spot was taken. Wasn't just a small scratch, looks like some drunk was playing tic-tac-toe on his driver door. I think I was more angry seeing the photo than my friend was. "You don't mess with another man's car....or parking spot"
    Keying your neighbor's car seems like a great way to make both parties' lives miserable for years.
    Now in places like Boston, where people shovel out their spots when the snow is deep, I agree you don't park in someone else's spot, at least not during snow season. When I've visited my kid in Boston I was struck that almost all the parking in the center of the city was resident only. Driving anywhere in town seemed like the closest available parking might be your own house so you might as well take the T or an Uber.

Wife's employer pays all his employees as 1099 ICs, when by any and all objective measures they should be W2 employees. All because he's a cheap fuck who doesn't want to pay his share of FICA. The temptation to report him to the State is strong and growing.

@muted: Time for your friend to burn dude's fucking house down.

The big bitch on our Nextdoor (other than the usual warnings about dark people in the neighborhood) is people parking in front of other people's houses on a public street. People get extremely angry if the spot in front of their house is occupied.
    When I first moved to Seattle 20+ years ago I parked my car on the street in a swanky neighborhood (Laurelhurst). There was a guy out in his yard who questioned what I was doing there and that his wife "parks in that spot." I told him it looked like a public street to me and went on my way. I guess I'm lucky he didn't key my car. Until that time I would have never even considered that anyone feels any kind of entitlement to a parking spot on the street in front of their house. So bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @muted: Time for your friend to burn dude's fucking house down.
    I agree but friend said he's not even going to mention it to him, apparently the guy is intimidating. The drug dealer on his block said this guy did the same thing to his car, they also did nothing except move their car, LA is crazy that's all I know. I live in fantasyland where we borrow cups of sugar from our neighbors and we feed their dogs while out of town. And our housing is probably $2k-a-month less to live here and we park in driveways/garages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wife's employer pays all his employees as 1099 ICs, when by any and all objective measures they should be W2 employees. All because he's a cheap fuck who doesn't want to pay his share of FICA. The temptation to report him to the State is strong and growing.
    That's fucking bullshit. Report the fucker. However, your wife will need another job.

Can't they just put a folding chair in the street like those Yinzer clowns in Pittsburgh?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

This. You'll never go outside again.
    Trying to peel my wife away from it to stop the screaming.

Why is it so hard to make garment tags that don't scratch the back of your neck? Or just eliminate them?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    This. You'll never go outside again.
    Trying to peel my wife away from it to stop the screaming.
    Lol, I read it one day and now I'm convinced that the neighborhood kids are actually roving gangs of murderers and car thieves.

That and someone by the pool still hasn't properly trimmed their azaelias.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Why is it so hard to make garment tags that don't scratch the back of your neck? Or just eliminate them?
    I miss tags on my fruit of the loom t-shirts. I like to be able to put them on in the dark and without a tag it's really hard to tell front from back.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    When I first moved to Seattle 20+ years ago I parked my car on the street in a swanky neighborhood (Laurelhurst). There was a guy out in his yard who questioned what I was doing there and that his wife "parks in that spot." I told him it looked like a public street to me and went on my way. I guess I'm lucky he didn't key my car. Until that time I would have never even considered that anyone feels any kind of entitlement to a parking spot on the street in front of their house. So bizarre.
    It always seems to me that there's a different rule for streets with no sidewalk and the gravel patch between street and property.

A Curb and sidewalk? Those are fair game.

I did have someone try and park on my driveway recently and then get out with intent to walk their dog... they claimed it was ok because there was no parking in street (double center lines).

I don't think she'd ever heard some of the words I called her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........