Page 672 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 ... LastLast
Results 16,776 to 16,800 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    This emoji annoys me
    all emojis annoy me. esp because my phone interprets them all into the same yellow blob. what the hell do they mean by baby chicken...?

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Yes, specifically Howard Dean. When he was running for president we were on a lot of the same flights to and from BTV. Small commuter jets and he did it every time. Never confronted him, didn't want to get screamed at.
    now that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    It shouldn't bother me, but there seema to be a metric oven-ton of Ford Raptors here. All of them clean as the day they were purchased. I get it: they're rad. But who the hell in Delaware/West Chester needs a Raptor...and if you "need" one, why is it sooo clean???
    they're all clean. the two in my hood are both driven by guys who dress like accountants.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Everything about flying on airlines and airports annoys me.
    me too.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The Germans have lots of experience with this. See also "your papers, please" 70 years ago or so.
    it took 17951 posts, but we finally got to godwin.
    Last edited by pisteoff; 01-12-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    just fly Southwest, folks, and chill out a little. We fly SW all the time, with two kids, and really I've never had problems. True, i don't like having to check in exactly 24 hours ahead of time in order to get a good boarding position to make sure to get a seat with the kids. But that's not a huge deal. (my kids are too old for family boarding, but they still don't want to sit alone next to strangers.) I've never seen anyone get aggro on SW flights. Maybe because folks flying SW are more chill? Lower expectations? Free checked luggage? Nice FAs? And when you fly enough, they mail you free drink tix. Quite nice.

Annoying: uptight folks on an airplane.
    SW flight attendants make it a little more bearable with their humor.

"Now boarding group C, C as in Center Seat"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Gotta love flying Luftwaffe, sorry, Lufthansa. That's a tight ship.
    Austrian has always seemed ever tighter. It's the only airline I've ever had weigh a personal item, which was a problem because I had a couple of heavy glass mugs (Christmas gifts) in there and was less than a kilo over the limit. So I moved them to my jacket pockets, and that was OK, for some reason. Once we were in the air, I put them back in the backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    SW flight attendants make it a little more bearable with their humor.

"Now boarding group C, C as in Center Seat"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I laughed. Maybe that is the key.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i have not been on an aeroplane for 15 years, it’s
    just to annoying with the constant shit treatment.
    It's much easier on your constitution.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

People who call my office phone repeatedly without leaving a message. Hey numbnuts maybe if you tell me who you are and what you want I'll get back to you.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    just fly Southwest, folks, and chill out a little.
    I wish we could, man. I wish we could. Too bad SWA doesn't serve Montana. FML. I used to always prefer them over the other carriers. No baggage fees and the way they handle seating takes away so much of the typical drama you see on all the others. They just strip away all the nonsense and it seems to work better. Plus dirt cheap! I miss the honey roasted peanuts. Do they still serve those? Last time I flew on them, it was the last leg of the day and the flight attendant handed me a huge bag of the little bags they serve. That totally made my day. I just never saw the surliness from their attendants like I constantly see with the Delta/United ones who often seem to be WAY past their prime and are now just bitter about their jobs and dealing with awful people daily for far too long. I can't blame 'em for being pissed off after 40+ years of customer service, but man, give it up folks. Let the young bucks take over. This is one thing foreign carriers are FAR better about. I've heard they put the flight attendants "out to pasture" in desk jobs or gate jobs long before they get to that point.

Proof? Just compare Delta/United attendants to the ones on airlines like Air France, Singapore Airlines, Aeroflot, Virgin, Emirates, etc., etc., etc....

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I just never saw the surliness from their attendants like I constantly see with the Delta/United ones who often seem to be WAY past their prime and are now just bitter about their jobs and dealing with awful people daily for far too long. I can't blame 'em for being pissed off after 40+ years of customer service, but man, give it up folks. Let the young bucks take over.
    All this cost-cutting among airlines has had a serious effect on employee morale as well as making it shittier for the flying public. Put these two things together and people like gate agents and flight attendants are right at ground zero.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    All this cost-cutting among airlines has had a serious effect on employee morale as well as making it shittier for the flying public. Put these two things together and people like gate agents and flight attendants are right at ground zero.
    see what i mean? ka-CHING! i hear that airports have to get de-lawyered by professionals using a fog every couple months. they say that shit isn't toxic to humans but still...

I tend to have a great experience with Delta and their flight staffs. They seem far better than United. Now, SkyWest; they seem to be constantly stressed, overbooked and a bit frazzled.

Then again, I have a nice status with Delta and don't fly peasant class.

I used to hate Southwest, the whole cattle car thing got me down. But now I fly them all the time, I'm just happy that they're not trying to rob me every time i turn around like most other airlines. SW isn't that cheap any more unless you get sale prices, which tend to rock.

1 hour, 50 person status calls at 4 pm on a Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    That's my life right now. Fuck that noise.

I want to ask all my coworkers, "Don't you fucks work the other FOUR days of the week." Why, on earth, they wait to get all their shit done on Friday is beyond me.

Right?!? I’m trying to get a few hours of skiing in before dinner here!!

I'm convinced some people hate their lives/wife/family and use work as an escape. Often, drawing it out to delay the inevitable trip home. Hell, I sometimes travel with coworkers who seemingly only travel to get away from their wife/family. They have no other reason to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    That's my life right now. Fuck that noise.

I want to ask all my coworkers, "Don't you fucks work the other FOUR days of the week." Why, on earth, they wait to get all their shit done on Friday is beyond me.
    You literally need to join them. Slack all week and pull it together at the end. Why would you possibly be the one guy on the opposite schedule? Of course you're stressed, everyone hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I used to hate Southwest, the whole cattle car thing got me down. But now I fly them all the time, I'm just happy that they're not trying to rob me every time i turn around like most other airlines. SW isn't that cheap any more unless you get sale prices, which tend to rock.
    Oh, you want that extra 2" of leg room? $$$ You want to carry on a bag? (yes, many airlines are now charging for that too) $$$ You want to reserve a particular seat? $$$ It's getting ridiculous. I really do wish that airlines would just charge a premium and not worry about nickel and diming us to death. That's why I like SWA, even if they cost more sometimes. But alas. In this internet age of people just shopping by the lowest bidder, it's no wonder they have to do these things if they're going to have a shot of turning a profit. They just all want to show up first in the search results* (* baggage, extra fees, and taxes not included) It's a sad truth, but if somebody would simply bake everything into the price, improve customer service, and the all around experience, well, they'd probably go bankrupt as many nice now-defunct carriers already have. It's a damn shame the state of the airline industry. Wish we could back to the glory days of jet travel a la Pan Am...minus the cigarette smoking. I don't think any of us miss that.

If there are actually 50 people on a status call... there's no fucking way anyone will miss you.

:P

I wish Kayak and the like would show total price that includes a carry on, checked bag, picking your seat and an adult beverage. Then you could compare apples to apples and eliminate a bunch of the extra fees bullshit.

I wish Kayak and the like would show total price that includes a carry on, checked bag, picking your seat and an adult beverage. Then you could compare apples to apples and eliminate a bunch of the extra fees bullshit.
    This would force Sprint and Frontier out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You literally need to join them. Slack all week and pull it together at the end. Why would you possibly be the one guy on the opposite schedule? Of course you're stressed, everyone hates you.
    HA! You mean because I do my job early or on time?

it's no wonder they have to do these things if they're going to have a shot of turning a profit.
    Uh, the industry has been making record profits for years. Almost $40 billion last year worldwide, with almost half of that coming from North American operations. Do you even Google, bro?

My new annoyance; big, multi line motorcycle dealers. I call the local Honda shop and tell them I need a critical part, stat. I'll pay for the expedited shipping. What do they do? Wait a few days until they have enough parts to order, then place order.

wut

This is why we can't have nice things. Fuckers.

I wish we could, man. I wish we could. Too bad SWA doesn't serve Montana. FML. I used to always prefer them over the other carriers. No baggage fees and the way they handle seating takes away so much of the typical drama you see on all the others. They just strip away all the nonsense and it seems to work better. Plus dirt cheap! I miss the honey roasted peanuts. Do they still serve those? Last time I flew on them, it was the last leg of the day and the flight attendant handed me a huge bag of the little bags they serve. That totally made my day. I just never saw the surliness from their attendants like I constantly see with the Delta/United ones who often seem to be WAY past their prime and are now just bitter about their jobs and dealing with awful people daily for far too long. I can't blame 'em for being pissed off after 40+ years of customer service, but man, give it up folks. Let the young bucks take over. This is one thing foreign carriers are FAR better about. I've heard they put the flight attendants "out to pasture" in desk jobs or gate jobs long before they get to that point.

Proof? Just compare Delta/United attendants to the ones on airlines like Air France, Singapore Airlines, Aeroflot, Virgin, Emirates, etc., etc., etc....
    Thai smile, best airline ever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Uh, the industry has been making record profits for years. Almost $40 billion last year worldwide, with almost half of that coming from North American operations. Do you even Google, bro?
    My bad. Guess I'm stuck in 2012. You're right. In that case then, they're just trying to stay competitive, like I said just trying to show up first in search results. Still total BS how they've gone from where they've been to being nothing more than Greyhounds with wings.